GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Ordering new local or out of state?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 08:32 PM
jimbonic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering new local or out of state?

So we pretty much have decided on a 14 Nebula Grey Fsport with Cabernet interior. Only issue is if we are going to spend this much we want it pretty much decked out with all the available goodies, and our local dealer does not have any AWD's like this. Just trying to get one with a simple heads up display seems like a major ordeal for them, let alone getting some of the rest of the extras like Pre collision or parking assist. Dealer has an issue with this as he says its not on the web site but I say its on different areas of the web site showing the price. Not sure whats going on here now. He said he may have one he found someplace that at least has a heads up display but does not know about the rest of the options and I have not heard back from him for a few days now.

When I asked about ordering a new one, thats when he brought up 4-6 months, and I asked about what type of allotment he had? He really didn't answer this at all. My question to you is should I even bother with this dealer or go with a larger dealer out of state who may have a better chance at getting an order in quicker? I have custom ordered my last two Corvettes and one was bought locally and one was bought through the internet, and honestly the internet purchase went as smooth as silk! If it matters, I am currently using Woodfield Lexus in Illinois. Not too concerned about time, but if I can get it in 2-3 months that would be great, 4 ok, 6 not too crazy about waiting that long and may end up taking my money elsewhere as I just don't believe I should have to wait that long for something I want in this day and age.
Old 12-16-13, 09:29 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know the Pre Collision is a special order that's why he quoted you 4-6 months. Mine was a special order with the PCS and got it a little over 3 months. I was ok with it as I planned ahead. I knew from the start was going to be a special order. I didn't want the car till the winter was over so April/May, so I ordered in Mid January, picked it up Mid May.
Old 12-30-13, 08:28 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 13 GS was a special order, and it took 4 months to get it.

Like jimbonic, I wanted pretty much everything (except ML, HUD, night vision, and heated back seats). NV was not available with LKA, and the LKA was the better choice for me. PCS, PA, and LKA were must haves, so order was the only way to do it,

I doubt you can do any better on delivery time, with a different dealer. From my experience, the only way you'll find one on a lot is if somebody ordered with it and cancelled - not likely.

As I recall, the car spent just over a month in transit! NJ delivery.

Good luck!