GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Decided to keep '10 RX

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-13, 01:16 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decided to keep '10 RX

As many of you guys know from this thread I was going to upgrade to a 450h from the RX but I decided not to. Why? Because my dad has his eyes set on the '14 Mercedes S550 and he told me that he wanted to buy one but he wouldn't enough money to buy it for another year because he is buying me my car and he didn't want to delay it because I earned it. I looked at him told go for it order one as soon is it becomes available. Why he wouldn't have enough money is because he like to buy everything full down... So what guys think of my decision?

Last edited by MjThind; 03-23-13 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake...
Old 03-23-13, 01:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
As many of you guys know from this thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=682432) I was going to upgrade to a 450h from the RX but I decided not to. Why? Because my dad has his eyes set on the '14 Mercedes S550 and he told me that he wanted to buy it but he wouldn't enough money to buy for another year because he is buying me my car and he didn't want to delay it because I earned it. I looked at him told go for it for order as soon is it becomes available for order. Why he wouldn't have enough money is because he like to buy thing full down... So what guys think if my decision?
you must be loco . just kidding. you must be a pleasure to have around. your decision was commendable. also shows that you're not selfish. you have a great attitude and a good head on your shoulders. my son would have done the same because that's the type of person he is. you're going to have a very good life young man. that being said... now what are you really up to??? i'm a father i know, you have something rolling around up there... what is it? just joking. the RX isn't old yet so enjoy it until you can get your new car.
Old 03-23-13, 01:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,823 Posts

I think your decision to sacrifice and let your dad buy a car he wants for himself vs buying a car for you to replace the 3 year old Lexus he already gave you was quite magnanimous of you.

Yes, thats sarcasm.
Old 03-23-13, 03:59 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you must be loco . just kidding. you must be a pleasure to have around. your decision was commendable. also shows that you're not selfish. you have a great attitude and a good head on your shoulders. my son would have done the same because that's the type of person he is. you're going to have a very good life young man. that being said... now what are you really up to??? i'm a father i know, you have something rolling around up there... what is it? just joking. the RX isn't old yet so enjoy it until you can get your new car.
Maybe he'll let me drive the Turbo by myself, jk he wouldn't let me touch it at all, can't even wash without him being home, he thinks I 'll take it for a joy ride...

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I think your decision to sacrifice and let your dad buy a car he wants for himself vs buying a car for you to replace the 3 year old Lexus he already gave you was quite magnanimous of you.

Yes, thats sarcasm.
Thats alright, everybody is entitled to there own opinion...
Old 03-23-13, 04:12 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Wat you have to be the best son, I recall the thread. Whole new perspective on you, yeah I probably wouldn't have done the same but hey I'm different. The new s550 looks nice. Hopefully by that time you will probably get a better GS 450h. My dealer told me they have a problem with the new GSh, if you kick the tires the battery turns on if in park and thinks its moving.
Old 03-23-13, 08:37 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Quite admirable of you. Now, hold out for your dad's S Class!
Old 03-23-13, 08:56 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's very generous of you. You have a whole life ahead of you to enjoy the finer things in life. Just wait a bit and it will come.
Old 03-24-13, 11:41 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Wat you have to be the best son, I recall the thread. Whole new perspective on you, yeah I probably wouldn't have done the same but hey I'm different. The new s550 looks nice. Hopefully by that time you will probably get a better GS 450h. My dealer told me they have a problem with the new GSh, if you kick the tires the battery turns on if in park and thinks its moving.
Thanks man!
Originally Posted by dseag2
Quite admirable of you. Now, hold out for your dad's S Class!
Or the Turbo...
Originally Posted by Rexus300
That's very generous of you. You have a whole life ahead of you to enjoy the finer things in life. Just wait a bit and it will come.
Thanks! I know that, just 12 years to become a orthopedic surgeon... LOL
Old 03-24-13, 11:46 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Thanks man!

Or the Turbo...

Thanks! I know that, just 12 years to become a orthopedic surgeon... LOL

Good goal! I started Radiology residency last year after finishing medical school and I know its a long way but time will fly and you will enjoy doing what you love. Keep up the hard work and you will get what you want. I got the 2006 GS300 awd when starting medical school as a gift from my amazing parents and I never asked for anything more. I bought my current 2013 Lexus GS350 last year myself as a lease when I had a bad 1 year with the all new 2011 BMW 5 series. The RX300 was also my other daily driver in high school and jeez it was a boat but still did its job. Take care of that RX450 and show your parents that you pride in what you have and appreciate it. That will go a long way.
Old 03-24-13, 01:25 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations on making an excellent decision. Your maturity and consideration for others will serve you very well in life. All the best.

There may be hope for the world after all...

Last edited by williakz; 03-24-13 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-24-13, 01:57 PM
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on your motives. If you just decided not to take the new car to show the world how unselfish you are, you're quite shallow. The truth lies inside yourself...

Last edited by gpunkt; 03-24-13 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-24-13, 02:07 PM
BigAnthony
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread serves as yet another example of what is clearly the best auto forum I have been a part of and a shining example of the quality of people that Lexus attracts. You guys are the best. I see example after example of a moral decay everywhere. After reading this thread and its reply's, I'm glad that does not seem to be going on here.
Old 03-24-13, 02:49 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Good goal! I started Radiology residency last year after finishing medical school and I know its a long way but time will fly and you will enjoy doing what you love. Keep up the hard work and you will get what you want. I got the 2006 GS300 awd when starting medical school as a gift from my amazing parents and I never asked for anything more. I bought my current 2013 Lexus GS350 last year myself as a lease when I had a bad 1 year with the all new 2011 BMW 5 series. The RX300 was also my other daily driver in high school and jeez it was a boat but still did its job. Take care of that RX450 and show your parents that you pride in what you have and appreciate it. That will go a long way.
Technically, once you start residency it's job right? So you're getting payed and other than Step 3 there is not any heavy schooling, it just for you get experience right?

Originally Posted by williakz
Congratulations on making an excellent decision. Your maturity and consideration for others will serve you very well in life. All the best.

There may be hope for the world after all...
Thanks, my dad deserves what he wants more than me...

Originally Posted by gpunkt
Depends on your motives. If you just decided not to take the new car to show the world how unselfish you are, you're quite shallow. The truth lies inside yourself...
It actually depends on how you interpret it, because I could tell my dad actually wanted it instead of just making a plan to get one later on. He deserves to, at this point in his life, make himself happy before he makes me happy. + The disapproval/approval of people doesn't change my decisions, and more importantly myself, because if you always look approvals you'll never be able to satisfy yourself and people in general. The sacrifice I made is nothing compared to what he did for our family to be well set. After this I'll let to you to decide if I'm shallow or the opposite of that...

Originally Posted by BigAnthony
This thread serves as yet another example of what is clearly the best auto forum I have been a part of and a shining example of the quality of people that Lexus attracts. You guys are the best. I see example after example of a moral decay everywhere. After reading this thread and its reply's, I'm glad that does not seem to be going on here.
Thanks man, it was just the way I was raised by my mom and dad...

Last edited by MjThind; 03-24-13 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Grammar...
Old 03-24-13, 03:57 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Technically, once you start residency it's job right? So you're getting payed and other than Step 3 there is not any heavy schooling, it just for you get experience right?

Thanks, my dad deserves what he wants more than me...

It actually depends on how you interpret it, because I could tell my dad actually wanted it instead of just making a plan to get one later on. He deserves to, at this point in his life, make himself happy before he makes me happy. + The disapproval/approval of people doesn't change my decisions, and more importantly myself, because if you always look approvals you'll never be able to satisfy yourself and people in general. The sacrifice I made is nothing compared to what he did for our family to be well set. After this I'll let to you to decide if I'm shallow or the opposite of that...

Thanks man, it was just the way I was raised by my mom and dad...

Yes, residency is a job but also a training that you have to read/learn doing your own time off of work. You have pass Step 3 during residency training but you also have to pass a separate board exam in your field of specialization so its not easy. There are conferences, some didactics, and teaching during residency that are important to read up on during the training years. Overrall I would say I still have a great balance in my life and I enjoy travels, cars, sports, etc.
Old 03-24-13, 07:26 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Yes, residency is a job but also a training that you have to read/learn doing your own time off of work. You have pass Step 3 during residency training but you also have to pass a separate board exam in your field of specialization so its not easy. There are conferences, some didactics, and teaching during residency that are important to read up on during the training years. Overrall I would say I still have a great balance in my life and I enjoy travels, cars, sports, etc.
How long is your residency? I know orthopedic is 5 years because my brother is in orthopedic and what you said was exactly the same idea my brother gave me. He says the first year in they work you real hard...

Quick Reply: Decided to keep '10 RX