GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport Conversion to 450h?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-13, 08:04 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F-Sport Conversion to 450h?

I'm about to pick up a 450h in a couple of months when money becomes available(meet required GPA by my dad). I really wanted the 350 F-Sport, but starting next school year I will be commuting at least 50 miles a day, since I'm going to attend a JC alongside while I'm in HS because I want to get out as many GED's as I can for BIO Major. Then after I will be commuting at least a roundtrip of 80 miles M-F,once I get into a reputable university. So i want to if anybody has this even on a regular 350 and if you have, t would great if you could ever so kindly direct me where you bought the parts and what you bought. I am not going to mod it much just do a F-Sport Conversion, get set RS-R coil-overs and Vossen CV-7's, and call it day...

Thanks in Advance
-MjThind

Last edited by MjThind; 03-10-13 at 09:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something and fixed grammar
Old 03-10-13, 08:20 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
I'm about to pick up a 450h in a couple of months when money becomes available. I really wanted the 350 F-Sport, but starting next school year I will be commuting at least 50 miles a day, since I'm going to attend a JC alongside going to a HS because I want to get out as many GED's as I can for BIO Major. Then after I will be commuting at least a roundtrip of 80 miles M-F, get into a reputable university. So i want to if anybody has this even on a regular 350 and if you have, t would great if you could ever so kindly direct me where you bought the parts and what you bought. I am not going to mod it much just do a F-Sport Conversion, get set RS-R coil-overs and Vossen CV-7's, and call it day...

Thanks in Advance
-MjThind
Get a commuter (cheap, reliable, *****box with a 4-popper), work your *** off in school, get a job, THEN worry about buying a $60,000 car and modding it. WTF!
Old 03-10-13, 08:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Unsolicited advice, but I agree. You won't realize until later on how much easier having the money spent on a car such as this put away will make your life.

Work hard, enjoy your time in college, graduate, get a good job then worry about such an extravagance. One of the biggest problems with kids graduating college is debt. Getting into debt so early puts you at such a disadvantage its unbelievable. A car like this is more a "buy it when you get that corner office" sort of thing IMHO. Not to mention, you won't realize what an incredible time in your life college was until you get out and have a job, mortgage, car payments, etc. Why tie yourself down trying to pay for a $65,000 car?

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-10-13 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-10-13, 08:34 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Oh you guys are perceiving me wrong I had a deal with dad if I get over 4.14 this year he will buy me a 4GS, he had the same deal with my older brother and sister except different cars. Plus I already have a hand down '10 RX350 from my mom...
***EDIT*** So I don't flamed I am honestly very thankful with what I have and am given, God has truly blessed my life. I really don't want you guys to a wrong perception of me...

Last edited by MjThind; 03-10-13 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 03-10-13, 08:38 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Then you're in even better shape. Keep the RX, thank Dad (and Mom again!) and have him put a PORTION of the money into an investment account in your name and let it grow while you're at school. Once you're done and have that great job, take a PORTION of the funds from your investment account along with the old RX and head over to the Lexus dealer. Good luck with school.
Old 03-10-13, 08:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Absolutely! Keep the RX and put that money away for your future. Your Dad will be so overwhelmed by your desire to do this he won't know what to do with himself.

That money will set you up in an incredible way when you graduate. Especially right now, as the economy ramps up, that money invested right might be a whole lot more in 4 years.
Old 03-10-13, 08:43 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

F-Sport Bumper Cover, Top & Bottom Grills and JDM Fog Light Bezel covers...

That about covers it!!

~ Joe Z
Old 03-10-13, 08:56 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you just want something new and hot... i know. have you thought long and hard about this decision? seems as though you're going to be a busy young man. your post wasn't about what you should do... but where can you get... you can check sewell lexus, or try your lexus dealer. however, you should just hang onto he RX she looks like you took very good care of her. your dad can put the money for the 450H in an account, Roth IRA's are good, or whatever you choose, just research and pick the best option. i can't tell or advise you what to do with your dough, i know it would be nice to pull up to school in a 2013 Lexus GS 450H. if that's what you want then... so be it.
Old 03-10-13, 08:56 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

My girlfriend drives '11 E63 that is more manly than a 3RX, it's nice to have the big back seat but come on. Don't get me wrong I'm in no way competing with her she been my GF since 7th grade. I like the investing idea you guys gave me but my mom told that me dad has an unspecified amount of gold(never told us how much) set aside for all three of us, I really don't know what I want to do...
Old 03-10-13, 09:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MjThind
My girlfriend drives '11 E63 that is more manly than a 3RX, it's nice to have the big back seat but come on. Don't get me wrong I'm in no way competing with her she been my GF since 7th grade. I like the investing idea you guys gave me but my mom told that me dad has an unspecified amount of gold(never told us how much) set aside for all three of us, I really don't know what I want to do...
the GS450H with an F Sport bumper conversion, wheels etc. is not going to come cheap as you well know. if you've run the numbers and you're still comfortable with it on top of school and everything else... then go for it. 11 E63, nice.
Old 03-10-13, 09:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

An unspecified amount of gold...

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a scenario where the realities of the real world need not apply lol
Old 03-10-13, 09:15 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW10ES

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a scenario where the realities of the real world need not apply lol
He said he doesn't want my eyes set on it, he says it could be anything from a gram to a bullion or maybe even the chain he gifted when he thought he was gonna die but that is not gonna ever be an investment for me I am attached to it and I'm never selling it and most probably wear all the time.

IIn the end I really don't care how much he invested in, I am just thankful he did...
Old 03-10-13, 09:52 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW10ES

you too...
Old 03-10-13, 09:57 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to impress someone at your age, keep your existing car and use the monetary gift as a downpayment for a place with a garage to put it into!

If you already have your own place ... well ... that's a different story.

Good luck in school!
Old 03-11-13, 06:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

More sage advice!

Quick Reply: F-Sport Conversion to 450h?