Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..

Old 01-22-14, 09:30 AM   #76
bnlexus
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

+1. I too like GS's interior more. CTS and XTS are nice but I can't see myself driving a Caddy sedan. The only Caddy I can see me driving is the Escalade but then the new design turned me off. I may as well just stick with GS. Hopefully mid cycle refresh will come with some nice additions. Most likely I will get F Sport this time. When are the new E and A6 due? I thought they just introduced the new E not too long ago.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bnlexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 10:47 AM   #77
SW13GS
Lexus Fanatic

The E was all new in 2010, just got refreshed this year. So I would expect that we would see an all new E in 2016 or so.

2013 GS350 AWD Luxury Package, Liquid Platinum with Flaxen Interior
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Maximum Steel with Indigo Blue/Brown interior
~Previous Lexus Vehicles~
2010 ES350, 2003 ES300 In the family: 2004 LS430, 1998 LS400
SW13GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 08:21 PM   #78
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT View Post
Have you test drove the CTS V Sport? I am not a fan of the styling inside or out but i am willing to go give it a test drive. You've taken your car up to 90mph in state with 85mph speed limits? You are bad Dseag!!
Well, maybe it was 95mph. I'm interesting in test driving the CTS V Sport, but I'm lukewarm on the exterior looks, interior looks a bit busy and I've heard few good remarks about the CUE system. I'm sure it is a great performer, but most of the time I can't even use the power I have in stop-and-go traffic.

dseag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 10:04 PM   #79
BOBFSPORT
Pole Position

Jwall34943

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseag2 View Post
Well, maybe it was 95mph. I'm interesting in test driving the CTS V Sport, but I'm lukewarm on the exterior looks, interior looks a bit busy and I've heard few good remarks about the CUE system. I'm sure it is a great performer, but most of the time I can't even use the power I have in stop-and-go traffic.
i agree. I would like to see a forced induction engine thrown into the GS but I am not searching for more power. Your S5 was the CAB right? Do you miss the supercharged engine?

2014 IS F Sport RWD Nebula on Black.

"Trust me...never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats, or f*c*s-lease it!"
BOBFSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 04:02 AM   #80
GS14AWD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfsp View Post
& for the wind noise i have it too. Very mild 1 but can be heard. But i think Lexus have themselves to blame...For making the cabin so quite with their sound proofing, every little noise can be heard! Haha!!!
No, not really, it is not their great engineering that is at fault but perhaps their lack of putting the car through wind tunnel more. MB EClass was dead silent at 85 mph, no wind noises of any kind. So far on this thread alone, there are several who complain about this wind noise. But I will take wind noise over BMW 5 Series drifting to right problem.

For people mentioned protective film on side windows, are you referring to aftermarket tint you put on and had to put off? Or was there some sort of film that came from factory (like some electronic with big screens)?
GS14AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 06:39 AM   #81
SW13GS
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS14AWD View Post
No, not really, it is not their great engineering that is at fault but perhaps their lack of putting the car through wind tunnel more. MB EClass was dead silent at 85 mph, no wind noises of any kind. So far on this thread alone, there are several who complain about this wind noise.
But there are also plenty of us who have no issues with wind noise. I drove the GS back to back with the E and 5 and found no wind noise at high speeds in the GS that was not in the others.

Leads me to believe there is a production issue here vs a design issue.

2013 GS350 AWD Luxury Package, Liquid Platinum with Flaxen Interior
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Maximum Steel with Indigo Blue/Brown interior
~Previous Lexus Vehicles~
2010 ES350, 2003 ES300 In the family: 2004 LS430, 1998 LS400
SW13GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 06:46 AM   #82
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

what ever the wind issue may be, some have it - some dont - the wind noise stopped on it's own - but it's not as quiet as my dads MB E, so I took his MB E for a ride and noticed it does lack some things that our lexus has
1) the mb nav is horrible in comparison to the gs forget the size but how about the color?
2) when exiting the MB E the seat and steering wheel dont move away from you making for an easier exit.
3) and the sheer feeling of the interior on the lexus imo is superior
so ill deal with the few dislikes i have of my gs and next car will most likely be another gs or ill finally pull the trigger and get a Panamera.
Lions81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 06:46 AM

Tags
2013, 350, fold, gs, high, lexus, luxury, miiros, mirror, noise, pearl, power, side, sound, speed, starfire, whistling