GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Satisfied Owners Perspective of New GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 07:56 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satisfied Owners Perspective of New GS

After only a few weeks of ownership, I thought I would share my views on the GS. I have owned several Lexus vehicles, most notable here would be an 06 GS 300, 06 IS 350, 09 IS F and currently have 13 GS 350 and 12 IS 350 (both wife’s car Ha Ha, I drive Xterra). Also, to share my opinion of greats owned: Best transmission 05 S2000; best road feel, 07 Cayman S; most comfortable travel car 10 ES 350; most aggressive feel (surge of acceleration) 05 Evo VIII.

I absolutely love our GS 350. I think it has one of the best combinations of ride/acceleration/handling of any car I have owned. While not broke in nor run hard yet, in every day driving, I feel comfortable in making that assessment. The interior is one of the most un-Lexus like interiors I have seen, as if Lexus is taking a new direction. I really think they have raised the bar, especially in the interior/navigation and interface. I’m still adjusting to using the joystick, but it gets better every day. I also like the interior lighting, have you notice the LEDs on the door and door handle brighten when you put the car in park at night (nice touch).

While looks are subjective, I like the “spindle” design. The ride is smooth but never feels floaty (I have the standard suspension). The premium sound system blows away the ML in the IS F, trunk space is good and the rear seats are adequate. The first tank average was near 25mpg, 2nd tank near 22mpg (more short trips). I must be getting old, I’ve never thought it was slow, not aggressive enough or needed a tighter suspension.

Lexus designed this car for me. It is not pretending to be a pure sports car or luxury car. It is a good blend of a little of both.

Last edited by Lexicated; 03-28-12 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 08:39 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

thanks for the impressions, enjoy your ride!
Old 03-28-12, 10:23 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great to hear that you're enjoying it!
Old 03-28-12, 10:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

1 month a few days later, 1700 miles,,,,,,,, the car is still fun to drive. excitement of owning it hasn't worn off.

2013 LEXUS GS 350 F Sport AWD
STARFIRE PEARL/BLACK
Old 03-29-12, 06:22 AM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tell you what I havent drove my gs in about week and its killing me !! Im away for business and driving this rental (jetta) makes me excited to get home and get in my gs

Coming from driving 2 lexus models ... 2009 Is250 and 2010 IS350C, i think the gs sets the bar up really high. If lexus trickles this down to the other models do for overhaul (is espicially) I think its a great direction for lexus. There are some things that i scratch my head like why didnt it come w/ this, such as hydrolic lifts on the trunk or I wish they had a more powerful motor standard then just a v6 3.5 305hp ? The car accelerates good but i just feel on higher RPMS it seems to fall flat on its face a lil. I wish they woulda pumped out a few hourses via ecu tuning or a doing like 3.8l motor. Its hard now for a company to sell a car based on interior features such as navigation and bluetooth since now all cars are pretty much coming standard with them, Lexus raised it when they added the 12 inch screen. Somestimes i feel like I'm going to flip the car over from to busy toying w/ the multimedia interface switching around and check for gas prices and enform apps etc. :P

I have the standard model gs with just the 12 inch navi. the Fsport of the gs looks nice and all but it didnt diffrential the car from the standard imo as far as "performance". The luxury model was really nice wit the 18 way adjustable seats and the rear climate climate controls, but I dont drive any other passangers then just my gf :P, I do wish the Parking Assist came standard with the GS. Somes times i wish i got sport+ mode with my car but i figured if i decieded to lower that would create a problem since sport+ sitffens the suspension.

Anyways overall I think this is a great car and if this is a glipse to what lexus has in store for the consumer i thnk its a great step in the right direction !
Old 03-29-12, 08:35 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

I'm just happy they stuck with a V6, I'm not a big fan of the turbo 4s that seem to be quickly becoming the new norm.

I remember when I thought of food when someone mentioned Cafe.
Old 03-29-12, 08:52 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexicated
After only a few weeks of ownership, I thought I would share my views on the GS. I have owned several Lexus vehicles, most notable here would be an 06 GS 300, 06 IS 350, 09 IS F and currently have 13 GS 350 and 12 IS 350 (both wife’s car Ha Ha, I drive Xterra). Also, to share my opinion of greats owned: Best transmission 05 S2000; best road feel, 07 Cayman S; most comfortable travel car 10 ES 350; most aggressive feel (surge of acceleration) 05 Evo VIII.

I absolutely love our GS 350. I think it has one of the best combinations of ride/acceleration/handling of any car I have owned. While not broke in nor run hard yet, in every day driving, I feel comfortable in making that assessment. The interior is one of the most un-Lexus like interiors I have seen, as if Lexus is taking a new direction. I really think they have raised the bar, especially in the interior/navigation and interface. I’m still adjusting to using the joystick, but it gets better every day. I also like the interior lighting, have you notice the LEDs on the door and door handle brighten when you put the car in park at night (nice touch).

While looks are subjective, I like the “spindle” design. The ride is smooth but never feels floaty (I have the standard suspension). The premium sound system blows away the ML in the IS F, trunk space is good and the rear seats are adequate. The first tank average was near 25mpg, 2nd tank near 22mpg (more short trips). I must be getting old, I’ve never thought it was slow, not aggressive enough or needed a tighter suspension.

Lexus designed this car for me. It is not pretending to be a pure sports car or luxury car. It is a good blend of a little of both.
Thanks for your thoughts on the car. I was a little worried about coming from an IS-F myself, but now feel better about getting into the GS.
Old 03-29-12, 09:11 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
Thanks for your thoughts on the car. I was a little worried about coming from an IS-F myself, but now feel better about getting into the GS.
Make no mistake there is a difference in power, but in everyday driving I'm very satisfied and don't miss the extra umphh. Had an 09 IS F, ride was very stiff and bouncy to me and if felt/was significantly smaller inside (I know they have made some modifications in later models).