GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93 Lexus Gs 300 Starter Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 06:45 PM
flipinsayi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Lexus Gs 300 Starter Need Help!!!

I Need Some Help. My Starter Went Out. I Need Help With How To Take It Out And Install It. Please Help A.s.a.p !!!
Old 09-16-07, 08:42 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

This thread might be able to provide some help

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...change+starter
Old 09-16-07, 09:47 PM
flipinsayi
Rookie

thank you sir i will try it in a few days and see if i can do it. i will update you =)
Old 09-17-07, 01:21 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a little tip I like to share with everyone. About a year ago, before I sold my 93 GS300, the starter was giving me problems every now and then. I was going to replace a new one. As some of you may know, I work at a Toyota dealer. To make long story short, I know most of the people in the parts and service department. One of the part guy I know told me that I can buy a "starter kit" to solve the problem. Majority of us don't know that it's not the starter that goes bad. All you need to do is replace what is in this kit which cost about $25. I was skeptic about this and went to a mechanic I know at the dealership and asked him if this kit is for real. As it turn out, the labor to do install the starter cost me 4 times more than the kit. What I'm trying to share is that instead of buying a new starter, all you need to do is get a new "starter kit" and saves a lot of money. As for me, the labor cost a lot more than the kit. If you can do it yourself, you will saves a lot more money. As we all know, Lexus parts and labors are killer. Sorry for the long story. Hope this info will be helpful to any member that want to save money.

Last edited by suprawhite; 09-20-07 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-17-07, 06:44 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

suprawhite - Just curious, but do you know what the starter kit is comprised of?
Old 09-17-07, 09:48 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
suprawhite - Just curious, but do you know what the starter kit is comprised of?
As I remembered when the part guy showed me for other models, it consist of mostly the copper washers where the wires connect to starter. I don't remember all the parts, but I can go to him and find out for you. I'm off today and go the my work place and ask him to let me take picture of the starter kit.
Alright, I manage to get a diagram of the starter. The kit consist of the two prices ($18.22 and $12.91) in the diagram. Hope this give everyone an idea what it is.
Attached Thumbnails 93 Lexus Gs 300 Starter Need Help!!!-starter.jpg  

Last edited by suprawhite; 09-17-07 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-20-07, 03:35 AM
flipinsayi
Rookie

hey guys!!! i just finished putting in my starter!!! it works great !!! thankz for all your help!!
Old 09-20-07, 01:29 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by suprawhite
As I remembered when the part guy showed me for other models, it consist of mostly the copper washers where the wires connect to starter. I don't remember all the parts, but I can go to him and find out for you. I'm off today and go the my work place and ask him to let me take picture of the starter kit.
Alright, I manage to get a diagram of the starter. The kit consist of the two prices ($18.22 and $12.91) in the diagram. Hope this give everyone an idea what it is.
Good lookin' out on the info and diagram! It's very much appreciated

Originally Posted by flipinsayi
hey guys!!! i just finished putting in my starter!!! it works great !!! thankz for all your help!!
Glad to hear to hear it worked out for you