GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

New GS-F Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-16, 09:44 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrats on your 2nd new GS F.

Imagine your neighbor thinking, "man this guy is a baller. He didn't like black and traded it in for a gray"

Quite an interesting story.....and this is why I've been staying with lexus
Old 09-10-16, 07:59 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn

That is a crazy story. I have heard great things about Sewell Lexus. I probably would have done the same as a dealer.. I would also expect that kind of service for a 90K car...
Really like that Gray with the red Interior..

Ev
Old 09-10-16, 12:59 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congrats on your 2nd new GS F.

Imagine your neighbor thinking, "man this guy is a baller. He didn't like black and traded it in for a gray"

Quite an interesting story.....and this is why I've been staying with lexus
Haha! Funny enough, my neighbor is actually a car guy himself (2016 Audi RS7) and had that exact reaction.

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Damn

That is a crazy story. I have heard great things about Sewell Lexus. I probably would have done the same as a dealer.. I would also expect that kind of service for a 90K car...
Really like that Gray with the red Interior..

Ev
Thank you! The grey and red really pops. Couldn't be happier, or more humbled, with how well Sewell handled the situation
Old 09-18-16, 10:56 PM
USBGSF16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to hear you got a new gsf. I saw you are looking for some upgrade, so I could offer you some idea and you could have a look and have fun on mods
must do: Fuel Pump TSB flash at dealership. All of our cars with the 2UR GSE engine has fuel pump issue, some make noise , some not. However, the lag on accelerate and shifting, especially when downshifting it is pretty obvious and feels terrible.
Dealer offering TSB flash for cars with this problem for free and it will eliminate the lag, cars runs great shift great like how it should be.
recommend: RR racing USRS, make the steering feels solid and sharp, like a real sports cars steering, night and day different, much more confident when cornering.
RR racing intake pipe+ RR racing ECU+ Toms filter. ADD like 10WHP and 20WTQ to the car so more powerful at mid range
Figs Performance BREAK DISC, Reduce 30lb under spring weight and car breaks harder, accelerate fast and improve all dynamic performance

Need thinking: Novel Exhaust. 9000usd for catback, with this car could be easily over 500HP and sound like a LFA. Take 2~4Monthes and it is pricy, but that is the best among market.
Header: Novel Header is best but cost 5000 PPE is about 2500. with all those stuff the car could making 440WHP so it is about 530~540 Crank HP, fast enough for this NA car

For cosmetic mod: do not change the wheel unless it is a very good forged wheel. Our stock wheel is forged by BBS and Better than most aftermarket wheel, those wheel we could upgrade cost about 10000USD
DCTMS has carbon fiber steering wheel for this car and it looks beautiful, I am thinking get on of those.
Those body kit cost about 5000 with carbon fiber, that is personal idea, everyone is different.

Whatever, cong on your new car and enjoy it!!!
Old 09-20-16, 01:22 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Congrats, very happy for you bro!
You made a good decision. Enjoy in good health!
Old 09-25-16, 04:10 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by USBGSF16
good to hear you got a new gsf. I saw you are looking for some upgrade, so I could offer you some idea and you could have a look and have fun on mods
must do: Fuel Pump TSB flash at dealership. All of our cars with the 2UR GSE engine has fuel pump issue, some make noise , some not. However, the lag on accelerate and shifting, especially when downshifting it is pretty obvious and feels terrible.
Dealer offering TSB flash for cars with this problem for free and it will eliminate the lag, cars runs great shift great like how it should be.
recommend: RR racing USRS, make the steering feels solid and sharp, like a real sports cars steering, night and day different, much more confident when cornering.
RR racing intake pipe+ RR racing ECU+ Toms filter. ADD like 10WHP and 20WTQ to the car so more powerful at mid range
Figs Performance BREAK DISC, Reduce 30lb under spring weight and car breaks harder, accelerate fast and improve all dynamic performance

Need thinking: Novel Exhaust. 9000usd for catback, with this car could be easily over 500HP and sound like a LFA. Take 2~4Monthes and it is pricy, but that is the best among market.
Header: Novel Header is best but cost 5000 PPE is about 2500. with all those stuff the car could making 440WHP so it is about 530~540 Crank HP, fast enough for this NA car

For cosmetic mod: do not change the wheel unless it is a very good forged wheel. Our stock wheel is forged by BBS and Better than most aftermarket wheel, those wheel we could upgrade cost about 10000USD
DCTMS has carbon fiber steering wheel for this car and it looks beautiful, I am thinking get on of those.
Those body kit cost about 5000 with carbon fiber, that is personal idea, everyone is different.

Whatever, cong on your new car and enjoy it!!!
Thank you very much for all of the information!! It's wonderful and greatly appreciated. Is the TSB# the same as the one for the RC-F fuel pump issue? Is it standard across the model (GS-F) or the engine?

Originally Posted by designo
Congrats, very happy for you bro!
You made a good decision. Enjoy in good health!
Thank you! So far, so good!
Old 09-25-16, 05:22 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats, glad you stayed with the 5.0L Toyota family!
Old 11-03-16, 08:54 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ...............

I think Mazda had a similar issue with spiders on a few shipments. Its known to happen but the biggest issue is the impact these overseas things can do to our eco system as they are not native to our US shores. Farms can be infested destroying expensive crops and who know knows what they eat, how they survive and how quick they can become a pest!
Old 11-03-16, 08:24 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

While I did not purchase a GS-F , tonight I became a first time Lexus owner of an GS-350 F-Sport, Nebula Grey and Rioja Red interior. Still have to drop the bank check offf in the morning.
Old 11-03-16, 09:25 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^Congratulations - You should now be posting here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...3-present-237/

An F Sport Lexus and an Lexus with Identified as an F (ISF, RCF, GSF) are quite different animals.

Lou
Old 11-03-16, 10:02 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Congratulations - You should now be posting here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...3-present-237/

An F Sport Lexus and an Lexus with Identified as an F (ISF, RCF, GSF) are quite different animals.

Lou

Yeah, I know..... I found the right ghetto where I belong
Old 11-04-16, 08:32 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Still congrads on the F Sport for they too are great and fun cars.
Old 11-04-16, 09:20 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Thank you all for the welcome!

Believe it or not, there was actually an issue with the original Caviar colored GS-F posted above. Less than two days after driving it home and keeping it in my garage when not in use, I opened by rear drivers side door to find a line of small insects moving across the door sill. I inspected further and pulled back the rubber tubing around the door to find thousands of small insects crawling all over and in what appeared to be various 'nests.' After finding so many in the drivers side rear door, I went check on the passenger side rear door to find even more of the same insects. There were literally thousands of small insects (they looked like sugar ants mixed with a small spider) throughout both rear doors, crawling under the rear door sills and I'm guessing underneath the back seat.

I immediately drove the car back to the dealership and was greeted by a Sales Manager who was just as shocked as I was to find the creepy crawlers imbedded throughout the rear of the 48 hour old vehicle. He had me drive it to the service department where the service managers, the sales manager and a number of technicians were in awe. They were shocked and collectively agreed they had never seen anything like this before. While they'd seen snakes and other critters from owners, they'd never seen an infestation in a new car like that before.

I dropped the car off in the service department, who were tremendous, per the Sales Manager's request and came back to meet with him and my sales person the following morning. Upon meeting, their unparalleled customer service, genuine care for their clients and sincere graciousness was beyond evident. They offered to swap the 48 hour old vehicle with less than 100 miles on it with a new GS-F. I have to give props to the dealership and Lexus customer service for truly embodying what it means to be caring, respectful and customer service orientated. I cannot imagine another dealership handling the situation better than Sewell Dallas.

What is different about the Vector I series? How did you get the side vents with the different grey coloring? I thought only Tom's kit did that. I love that look.
Old 11-05-16, 12:57 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Dealership stickers to add to the MSRP.
Old 11-05-16, 11:20 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aginnt
What is different about the Vector I series? How did you get the side vents with the different grey coloring? I thought only Tom's kit did that. I love that look.
Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Dealership stickers to add to the MSRP.
Pretty much what Afrosheen said There are a number of 'Vector' series (I, II and III) with various add-ons. This one just has the additional CF under the headlights and on the front quarter panel. next to the F. It wasn't an extra cost due to the circumstances.

Quick Reply: New GS-F Owner