First GS f owner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-16, 08:10 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

^

68 is fantastic for a m4

Given 59k gets you new rcf, I feel 10k more for M4, is totally worth it !
Old 02-26-16, 02:59 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
^

68 is fantastic for a m4

Given 59k gets you new rcf, I feel 10k more for M4, is totally worth it !
Yeah man. There was a salesman on bimmerpost advertising $500 over invoice on all M3/4s. He was based outta Colorado but it didn't matter because we were getting it delivered at the Performance Center in Greenville. Unfortunately, everyone ordered from him and his allocations were 2-3 months out (he was subsequently fired a couple weeks later. Oops!!!).

So i used that deal with a couple of local dealers here in Atlanta and one of em actually beat it!!! I was so afraid that a manager was gonna see that deal and nix it but we signed paperwork (ASAP!!!) and got the order in. Now...dealers aren't really budging because BMWNA has squeezed allocations down to almost a trickle.

Right time, right place...
Old 02-26-16, 03:04 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Congrats!

I have been trying to get my wife In a m4 very but she is not ok with any BMW sigh
Old 02-26-16, 03:38 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Congrats!

I have been trying to get my wife In a m4 very but she is not ok with any BMW sigh
i tried to get the wife into a RCF. she just didnt like the looks. tried the ATS-V....couldnt stand the interior. her heart was set on the M4. she's extremely happy which means i have a green light when its MY turn in the spring...
Old 02-26-16, 03:55 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

We have too many cars already

Wife just wants a convertible with usable rear seats
Old 02-26-16, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Yeah man. There was a salesman on bimmerpost advertising $500 over invoice on all M3/4s. He was based outta Colorado but it didn't matter because we were getting it delivered at the Performance Center in Greenville. Unfortunately, everyone ordered from him and his allocations were 2-3 months out (he was subsequently fired a couple weeks later. Oops!!!).

So i used that deal with a couple of local dealers here in Atlanta and one of em actually beat it!!! I was so afraid that a manager was gonna see that deal and nix it but we signed paperwork (ASAP!!!) and got the order in. Now...dealers aren't really budging because BMWNA has squeezed allocations down to almost a trickle.

Right time, right place...
my gs350 lease is up early next year. i was thinking maybe m4 but sounds like it won't be too attractive. maybe i should see how many gsf still around by then
Old 02-29-16, 12:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

If anyone on here has a GSF.. Please contact me!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-01-16, 10:46 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I think one point we're missing is this: the market OVERALL has tanked. Not much anywhere is selling very much. There are people right now, who 5 years ago, or even before the crash of 2008, would have scooped these up at this price and NOT BATTED AN EYE. Today is different. Money is very, very tight or non-existent. Credit is tight and many peeps are over-extended. The Middle-class is hurting BADLY. I see it every day I go to work. And it's not getting any better.

IMO, YMMV....
Wow, and here I thought car sales are at or near record high levels right now. You might want to Google it. I have, and I'm right.
Old 03-02-16, 05:40 PM
DavidL
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I do. 2200 miles so far on the odo.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
If anyone on here has a GSF.. Please contact me!

-Josh
Old 03-02-16, 05:55 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by DavidL
I do. 2200 miles so far on the odo.
Where in CA are you sir?

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-03-16, 06:10 PM
DavidL
Driver

SoCal near mission viejo
Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Where in CA are you sir?

-Josh
Old 03-03-16, 07:55 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SoCal near mission viejo
Hey davidL,

What are your thoughts on the GS-F overall??

Likes, dislikes, things you would change etc??
Old 03-03-16, 09:55 PM
DavidL
Driver

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Hey davidL,

What are your thoughts on the GS-F overall??

Likes, dislikes, things you would change etc??
So after owning the GSF almost 3 months now, I've made it my daily driver. The other night I got back in my 350 f-sport and it felt like I just sat in a Toyota Avalon in comparison. No disrespect for the f sport as its a great car. The GSF is orders of magnitude better in handling, suspension, power, interior, etc. The engine sound is wonderful and I find myself turning off the ASC to listen without any sound manipulation.

One issue I have with the GSF is that 95 feels like 65 and I have to keep an eye on the speed. 😎 Empty entry and exit ramps are easily taken at double posted limits if desired and the TVD makes cornering a seem like any other stretch of flat road.

Really, the only complaint I have is that I must back into my driveway while carefully turn the front wheels so as not to bottom out the front splitter and I don't have a terribly steep driveway. The interior is very comfortable for me and on the one occasion I was a passenger, there was more than enough legroom in the back seat.

The only mechanical complaint I have so far is what seems to be excessive play on the brake pedal at the top of the range after my foot is removed. I'm guessing this just needs an adjustment which I'll have the dealer make at my first service visit.

Overall I'm not disappointed with my purchase. My first long road trip will be coming up in June when I head to Vegas for a show. Plenty of road to enjoy in the GSF.😜😇
Old 03-03-16, 11:23 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

So after owning the GSF almost 3 months now, I've made it my daily driver. The other night I got back in my 350 f-sport and it felt like I just sat in a Toyota Avalon in comparison. No disrespect for the f sport as its a great car. The GSF is orders of magnitude better in handling, suspension, power, interior, etc. The engine sound is wonderful and I find myself turning off the ASC to listen without any sound manipulation.

One issue I have with the GSF is that 95 feels like 65 and I have to keep an eye on the speed. 😎 Empty entry and exit ramps are easily taken at double posted limits if desired and the TVD makes cornering a seem like any other stretch of flat road.

Really, the only complaint I have is that I must back into my driveway while carefully turn the front wheels so as not to bottom out the front splitter and I don't have a terribly steep driveway. The interior is very comfortable for me and on the one occasion I was a passenger, there was more than enough legroom in the back seat.

The only mechanical complaint I have so far is what seems to be excessive play on the brake pedal at the top of the range after my foot is removed. I'm guessing this just needs an adjustment which I'll have the dealer make at my first service visit.

Overall I'm not disappointed with my purchase. My first long road trip will be coming up in June when I head to Vegas for a show. Plenty of road to enjoy in the GSF.😜😇
PM sent sir!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-04-16, 09:10 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only mechanical complaint I have so far is what seems to be excessive play on the brake pedal at the top of the range after my foot is removed. I'm guessing this just needs an adjustment which I'll have the dealer make at my first service visit. .����
Does the GS-F manual offer guidance or even recommend brake burnishing? I am not saying that is the answer, its more of a curiosity question.

My new CTS-V has a labor intensive process I have to go through before tracking it.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 03-04-16 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: First GS f owner?