GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Auto Insurance Increases

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 10:37 AM
gflexus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Auto Insurance Increases

I was wondering if any of you are experiencing significant increases in your auto insurance on the GS. My insurance premium on the GS went up 100% (i.e. doubled) on my last renewal 6 months ago and on my current renewal it is going up another 25%. The insurance co says it is purely due to vehicle history information from the National Highway Institute as to accidents, losses, and cost of repair statistics on the GS. Has nothing to do with my personal driving history (which has had no changes). Nor has the premium on my other car on the policy changed, just the GS.

It appears that the GS is having a lot of accidents and is more expensive to repair than experienced in the past.

Are any of you experiencing such significant insurance increases on your GS?

(yes, I've gotten other quotes and they are all about the same $$....so it is not just my current insurance co)!
Old 02-22-17, 10:40 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

My insurance isn't bad, it only went up like $50 getting this car with my other 2 cars, and this car is a rebuilt title. Not sure if its more or less expensive with that title. I pay about $150 for 3 cars max coverage a month. My insurance was going up alot for my other 2 cars and I switched. I would suggest looking at switching. I had progressive and then they went way up. I did estimates and to my suprise Geico was cheapest. Even with all of the 100's of millions they spend in advertising I figured it would be the most expensive.
Old 02-22-17, 11:04 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

My policy just renewed with no change in premiums at all. If I were you, I'd consider pricing out some other insurance companies.
Old 02-22-17, 12:08 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My insurance premium on the GS went up 100% (i.e. doubled) on my last renewal 6 months ago and on my current renewal it is going up another 25%.
No changes here. Who are you insured with? I think you are being duped by a bunch of B.S.
Old 02-22-17, 12:13 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I have to switch the companies every 2 years due this kind of BS they giving me every time even with clean record. Now with Geico which is cheap & not great until time comes to repairs. Their policy to use quality insurance used parts vs OEM new.
Old 02-22-17, 12:35 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I heard that these auto insurance increases are due to the increases in accidents due to distracted driving. The advice I saw to save a bit us to bundle with home insurance, low mileage rates if you don't drive much, and check for discount for good credit score.
Old 02-22-17, 12:45 PM
Dkp1111
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont know about you but my insurance actually got cheaper. We have a honda and a gs. Yet my gs is cheaper than the honda accord by around $10/mo. 🤣🤣🤣
PS: My insurance is Wawanesa (only available for good drivers- 3 years no accident and ticket).
Like other said shop around maybe check Mapfre insurance it is a reputation conpany too with good price.
Old 02-22-17, 12:46 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

yeah my insurance company gives me that line of hogwash at least twice a year, I go out and get quotes from other companies and tell my agent either match it or I'm leaving..

so far they have rolled it back every time I have confronted them.. The minute they don't asta la bye bye.
Old 02-22-17, 12:53 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

My insurance actually went up as well (about 3%-4%). I do live in one of the most expensive areas to insure a car - but when I asked my agent, she said generally, their rates had gone up for the same level of insurance. I'm too lazy to do the defensive driving course and get 10% off lol

If my rates do go up a significant amount, i'll shop around or just do the defensive driving course finally..
Old 02-22-17, 01:16 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine went up with the is ever since I got my drivers license a million years ago I'm still waiting for the day I was told after X amount of years with a clean license your insurance will go down.....Still waiting....
Old 02-22-17, 01:43 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
My policy just renewed with no change in premiums at all. If I were you, I'd consider pricing out some other insurance companies.
As we get older, premium is decreasing ever slightly. I don't drive Bimmer, Audi, Porsche anymore. Wife's car is little Japanese
run about for herself. So far we were never involved in serious accident. Just couple fender benders which did not even need
report to police. Every time I go on freeway I feel scared for all this maniacs driving like either zombies or speeding like ding bats
weaving lanes. I have to drive this road to go to our cabin. No signal until I reach secondary road leading to the place.
Old 02-22-17, 02:20 PM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine went up 9% from previous 6mo
Old 02-22-17, 02:31 PM
acotugno
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I am 58 with no tickets, accidents or claims and Geico just raised my rates substantially and I was told the same garbage about the GS being expensive to repair, etc. I also shopped rates with other insurance carriers and it was no better than Geico.
The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (02-23-17)
Old 02-22-17, 03:05 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Sometimes I really feel that insurance companies want to kick long time customers out after a while, it's like they don't value customers. My rates always go up after a few years with clean records and I'm forced to switch. This has been happening with at least 3 different companies, start out low, then goes up after a few years. Allstate, AAA, Mercury, and now Wawanesa. They always try to find something to increase my premium. Cars and drivers are getting older so the premium should be lower not higher.

Is Liberty Mutual any good? Their commercials look good.
Old 02-22-17, 03:09 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
Mine went up with the is ever since I got my drivers license a million years ago I'm still waiting for the day I was told after X amount of years with a clean license your insurance will go down.....Still waiting....
Me too, it'll go down when I'm 25 they said. I'm now almost 30 and my rate is still high they said.

Quick Reply: Auto Insurance Increases