GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How can you locate the manufacture date on a 2015 GS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16, 07:47 AM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can you locate the manufacture date on a 2015 GS 350?

I just bought mine yesterday and am curious about the date of manufacture. On other cars I have owned, there was a metal plate inside the driver's door that showed the month and year of manufacture. But there is no such plate on this car anywhere that I can find (the plate inside the drivers door shows the tire pressure specifications, and there is a sticker with a personal identification number, but no date of manufacture anywhere to be found) . I also checked the window sticker, which shows nothing, and entered the VIN in a VIN encoder but it only showed the model year and not manufacture date. I also spent about 10 minutes searching and reading through old threads on this site, but could not find anything helpful. Does anyone know how I can find this information? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-16, 08:03 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Default Open driver side door and sticker shows that information

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
I just bought mine yesterday and am curious about the date of manufacture. On other cars I have owned, there was a metal plate inside the driver's door that showed the month and year of manufacture. But there is no such plate on this car anywhere that I can find (the plate inside the drivers door shows the tire pressure specifications, and there is a sticker with a personal identification number, but no date of manufacture anywhere to be found) . I also checked the window sticker, which shows nothing, and entered the VIN in a VIN encoder but it only showed the model year and not manufacture date. I also spent about 10 minutes searching and reading through old threads on this site, but could not find anything helpful. Does anyone know how I can find this information? Thanks in advance.
Just open your drivers side door and there and informational stickers near door jams with tire info / mfg date etc thanks hope that helps
Old 02-27-16, 08:15 AM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS-Fuji
Just open your drivers side door and there and informational stickers near door jams with tire info / mfg date etc thanks hope that helps
Thanks, but as I said above, there are not any such stickers on this car. That's why I posted here asking where I could find the info. I would have expected there to be one, but there isn't.
Old 02-27-16, 09:44 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,625 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Here's mine, the black label at the bottom with the barcode.

Last edited by JDR76; 02-27-16 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-27-16, 09:45 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
Thanks, but as I said above, there are not any such stickers on this car. That's why I posted here asking where I could find the info. I would have expected there to be one, but there isn't.
Did you buy the car used? All 13-16 GS Vin plates are on the LT side lower B pillar. If yours is missing, thats usually a sign the pillar or lwr rocker section was replaced at some point.

Last edited by biggame; 02-27-16 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-27-16, 10:04 AM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Here's mine, the black label at the bottom with the barcode.

Found it! It was dark last night and that black plate was so low to the ground that I didn't see it. I also didn't look too hard since the salesman told me there was no way to tell from looking on the car when it was built. Shows to never trust a salesman. Thanks!!! It shows a build date of 1/15. So I guess my.car sat around for close to a year before I bought it. I bet they wish now they had been less stubborn on their pricing last summer.