GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I let my dad borrow my car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 10:06 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 424 Likes on 256 Posts

After you fix it, give him your keys again.
Old 10-11-15, 10:47 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
After you fix it, give him your keys again.
He'll have to make a $2000 deposit before being allowed to drive it again...
Old 10-11-15, 10:51 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Beep beep beep BEEEP BEEEP BEEEPEPAPAPA BEEPABEEEEEEEP *crunch*.

LOL is your dad deaf? The parking sensors on my car go nuts when dumb joggers run in front of my car while I'm waiting to pull out. Because running in front of a car that's about to go forward is always safe.
Old 10-12-15, 01:22 AM
jaime1982
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougm213
I hate those trailer hitches when they have the extension in. Never have but always fear getting hooked on one. Always felt there should be a law that when not in use, the extension should have to be removed. These big *** pickups are big enough and take up more than the parking spot, having this big piece of iron extending even farther in to the isle seems ridiculous.
WOW, JUST WOW. more laws to tell people what to do because you dont like it huh, yea thats what we need.
I drive a truck everyday and my hitch is permanent! Not only bacause I want it to be and i pull my boat every few days but incase some little car hits me AGAIN. Im just gonna stop now because the rest wasnt so nice.
Old 10-12-15, 07:32 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
LMAO!

10char
Old 10-12-15, 07:49 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jaime1982
WOW, JUST WOW. more laws to tell people what to do because you dont like it huh, yea thats what we need.
I drive a truck everyday and my hitch is permanent! Not only bacause I want it to be and i pull my boat every few days but incase some little car hits me AGAIN. Im just gonna stop now because the rest wasnt so nice.

Dont take offense man, hes kind of right. I mean we dont need laws but huge pickup trucks cause mad headaches for normal vehicle drivers, here are some recent examples:

-Just the other day, what had to be a guy with the tiniest pen!s in a huge dually pickup with liftkit, huge monster truck tires bathed every car at the red light in exhaust soot, rolling coal? more like a rolling beatdown, what a loser!

-Anyone whos ever parked in a lot and has had to swerve out the way because some idiot with a dually AND a long hitch poking out feels our pain

-How about the moron who drives by you at 85 in the pouring rain, but its ok, he has the all season tires!

pickup truck drivers usually go like this :
the bigger the truck, the bigger ahole driving it

sorry if I offended anyone on this board, but it must be said
Old 10-12-15, 08:04 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did not mean to offend. No not because I don't like it, but because it is a danger. When backing out of a spot or by a extended tow hitch, the hitch is out of view. Even walking in the dark, when one is hanging over a curb because someone backed in. Yes, I have hit my knee, thus my aversion.

And I am the last one who wants more regulation, I'd rather common sense. Lastly, I obviously was referring to removable hitches. No reason to keep it in when not in use. Permanents are a different story. I don't know enough about hitches to know what warrants permanents versus removable.
Old 10-12-15, 12:45 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

New parts came in. $481, and that was with a good discount (some dealers are cool).

I'll probably offer the old parts if someone wants to fix them, they're not totally ruined.
Old 10-12-15, 08:26 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Voogru
New parts came in. $481, and that was with a good discount (some dealers are cool).

I'll probably offer the old parts if someone wants to fix them, they're not totally ruined.
What all did you order and from where? $481 seems like a great price.
Old 10-13-15, 02:19 AM
GS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voogru
He said he didn't hear them go off.

I reviewed the video, they went off. He hit a truck with trailer hitch at around 2 MPH.

He came to complete stop, then as he was fiddling with something in the interior, let the brake pedal go and the car creeped into the truck in front of him.

It happened at a light and it was a good thing there was a truck in front of him to run into, otherwise it would have been into traffic.
Lexus should have the hold function as standard. it will at least take care of momentary slip like this..
Old 10-13-15, 07:26 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by GS250
Lexus should have the hold function as standard. it will at least take care of momentary slip like this..
The GS 350 has the 'Hill Assist' feature, which I have only tested a few times.

To activate the 'Hill Assist' feature: Come to a full stop, and press VERY hard (literally) on the brake pedal until you see the Hill Assist icon (actually the Traction Control light) appear in the instrument display.

Removing your foot completely off the brake pedal will disable the Hill Assist feature within a few seconds, or pressing on the gas pedal will disable the feature also. However, by continuing to apply a moderate amount of pressure on the brake pedal will retain the Hill Assist feature.

This is a feature I never use...and have only tested a few times. For me, the 'Hill Assist' feature is worthless. Maybe in mountainous and other very hilly areas (e.g. San Francisco), the feature would be handy to have.
Old 10-13-15, 09:01 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bclexus
The GS 350 has the 'Hill Assist' feature, which I have only tested a few times.

To activate the 'Hill Assist' feature: Come to a full stop, and press VERY hard (literally) on the brake pedal until you see the Hill Assist icon (actually the Traction Control light) appear in the instrument display.

Removing your foot completely off the brake pedal will disable the Hill Assist feature within a few seconds, or pressing on the gas pedal will disable the feature also. However, by continuing to apply a moderate amount of pressure on the brake pedal will retain the Hill Assist feature.

This is a feature I never use...and have only tested a few times. For me, the 'Hill Assist' feature is worthless. Maybe in mountainous and other very hilly areas (e.g. San Francisco), the feature would be handy to have.
I don't know in the case of your car as I cannot vouch for US-specced models, but it should come into operation if you lift your foot from the accelerator on a steep downhill gradient and if it has an autobox, it will shift down. A marked reduction in speed will also follow. The moment you accelerate again it will return to the default setting.
Why some people say they have never experienced it, is because it needs a real steep gradient to come into operation. Simply the necessary sensors giving the signal that the car has reached the critical forward leaning angle and driving wheel traction (and therefore adhesion) is at its lowest compared to speed.

Last edited by nipponbird; 10-13-15 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-13-15, 11:39 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by GS250
Agree! The GS450h has this, so why not the GS350?!
Old 10-13-15, 01:31 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Agree! The GS450h has this, so why not the GS350?!
Seriously! The GS350 already has hill hold assist so the mechanics are there. All that's missing is the software smh.
Old 10-13-15, 01:34 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to leave my hitch in too. That way when some dumb *** rear ends me again it might do a little less damage to my truck.

Quick Reply: I let my dad borrow my car...