GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 08:45 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Are you having the car sent to a Lexus dealership for evaluation to determine what is draining the battery?

Absolutely. I don't want to be stranded in LA. I need to go to a dealership this weekend to get a new key fob anyways.
Old 10-02-15, 08:47 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
Absolutely. I don't want to be stranded in LA. I need to go to a dealership this weekend to get a new key fob anyways.
Many people have experienced the mysterious battery drain. THIS thread may help inform you about some dealerships replacing the ECU.

Keep us informed...and good luck!
Old 10-02-15, 08:50 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
Many people have experienced the mysterious battery drain. THIS thread may help inform you about some dealerships replacing the ECU.

Keep us informed...and good luck!
Yeah.. I was reading through some of that last night. Made me a little anxious. Hopefully at least one of the dealerships around where I am will be willing to test and possibly replace the ECU.
Old 10-02-15, 09:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Congrats..!!

What year is your GS450 h and how many miles are in it.??

Also on the service records you found... What was the first date of use or sale recorded ??

Shows us the Key you have now, so we can give you better guidance...

Joe Z
Old 10-02-15, 10:43 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Congrats..!!

What year is your GS450 h and how many miles are in it.??

Also on the service records you found... What was the first date of use or sale recorded ??

Shows us the Key you have now, so we can give you better guidance...

Joe Z

Thank you ! It's a 2013 with 28k miles

The first date of use on the Lexus database is

Dealer Reported 11/15/2012 Lexus of Bridgewater 4711

0577912 CAR FULL DETAIL CUSTOMER REQUEST FULL INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DETAIL DEMO EXC, FOR THE SHOWROOM. - DETAIL TECHNICIAN PERFORM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DETAIL

CarFax has more info, but it's not up any more and I don't recall what it said, but it was definitely from the same dealership.

I'm still in LA cause of work actually shouldn't be on CL right now lol, but I can't help it. I'll be going back down to my parents house tonight to get the car. I'll take pics of everything on Saturday. The key that I have right now looks like some cheap plastic key from eBay that's missing the hard physical key.
Old 10-02-15, 01:15 PM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile

I believe the battery drain problem was with the GS350's. I don't recall seeing any problems with the GS450. When I bought mine it had been sitting on the dealer lot for almost a year and a half and during that time the battery had to be recharged a few times. I have had it now for almost 2 years and 13K miles with no problems including the battery. It has sat for 2 weeks at a time when on vacation and no problems when I returned. Enjoy it because I certainly have
Old 10-02-15, 01:29 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tom450
I believe the battery drain problem was with the GS350's. I don't recall seeing any problems with the GS450. When I bought mine it had been sitting on the dealer lot for almost a year and a half and during that time the battery had to be recharged a few times. I have had it now for almost 2 years and 13K miles with no problems including the battery. It has sat for 2 weeks at a time when on vacation and no problems when I returned. Enjoy it because I certainly have
Still a bit weary because they're really similar cars. I'm just going to ask about it for safe measure, but still that's good to hear that you haven't had any issues
Old 10-02-15, 03:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

So your warranty date starts 11/15/2012...

The new GS keys always seemed cheap and plasticky to me... That's why I was asking to see a picture..

Clearly either the previous owner or dealrship kept the keys.. But that's just silly if they did..

Usually when you lease return or trade in.. They require all keys to be present..

The physical key slot can be cut easily since its VIN driven..

The new key fob & programming requires the dealer techs to add to existing system registered to the car..

Joe Z

0577912 CAR FULL DETAIL CUSTOMER REQUEST FULL INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DETAIL DEMO EXC, FOR THE SHOWROOM. - DETAIL TECHNICIAN PERFORM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DETAIL

CarFax has more info, but it's not up any more and I don't recall what it said, but it was definitely from the same dealership.

I'm still in LA cause of work actually shouldn't be on CL right now lol, but I can't help it. I'll be going back down to my parents house tonight to get the car. I'll take pics of everything on Saturday. The key that I have right now looks like some cheap plastic key from eBay that's missing the hard physical key.
Old 10-02-15, 05:43 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
So your warranty date starts 11/15/2012...

The new GS keys always seemed cheap and plasticky to me... That's why I was asking to see a picture..

Clearly either the previous owner or dealrship kept the keys.. But that's just silly if they did..

Usually when you lease return or trade in.. They require all keys to be present..

The physical key slot can be cut easily since its VIN driven..

The new key fob & programming requires the dealer techs to add to existing system registered to the car..

Joe Z
I just find this extremely unusual. There has got to be a really strange story behind all this... I don't know what it might be - but I'm betting there is one.
Old 10-02-15, 08:02 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe it was a repo hence no two factory keys?
Old 10-02-15, 08:29 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
Maybe it was a repo hence no two factory keys?
That's what I was thinking! Who knows what he'll find in the glove box too!
Old 10-03-15, 01:46 AM
hhss
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Lets see some pictures !
Old 10-03-15, 04:21 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 74 Posts

Prinny,
Run an AutoCheck history report on the VIN. Only AutoCheck has auction data that comes with a car inspection for physical damage. You'll probably learn more about your GS there than from carfaux. If you want, send me the VIN and I can run it for you since I have an account for this week. Don't post your VIN on the forum.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-15, 05:48 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default first thing

i would do is find out if the car has any traces to the northeast
lots of vehicles were in hurricane sandy and a drive to florida for someone on a trailer with other cars costs 300$
make sure there is no flood damage to the vehicle
good luck with it I'm sure my scenario is no the case but check
Old 10-03-15, 05:49 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just read the bridgewater thing,
starting to make sense bridgewater is an hour from jersey shore, lots of people have summer homes in the jersey shore, look into the scenario about hurricane sandy damage

Quick Reply: I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?