GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Jump Ship? Dirty Thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-15, 04:22 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

How about the new Lexus RX coming out in a few months?
It suppose to be really good. You'll have the extra space, large screen, aesthetically pleasing seats (in the F-sport), and perfect size. The RX350 is suppose to have a revised V6, good for 300 hp. The F-sport will have similar suspension to GS F-sport too. Almost seems like they are trying for refinement of GS in a SUV package. Unfortunately it comes standard with FWD, but AWD isn't a bad idea for an SUV.

Last edited by dchar; 07-20-15 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-20-15, 04:56 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I completely forgot about the new RX!! I really like that interior!!!! Great suggestion!!
Old 07-20-15, 06:20 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Now we talking, its also the only thing I can see myself getting into other than the GS (which I love more than anything)

Cant wait to see the wife's face when she pulls into the driveway and sees this, if and when I get it for her sometime in the next year hopefully. 2 White lexuses Totally chromeless and blacked out.

Do it man : D

Old 07-20-15, 06:33 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That new RX looks NICE. I also like the new XC90, with the supercharger + turbo. A little feminine looking though.
Old 07-20-15, 06:42 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
That new RX looks NICE. I also like the new XC90, with the supercharger + turbo. A little feminine looking though.
I see a lot of RXs, but I rarely ever see a man driving one. The RX is nice, but it too is feminine looking. The RX in F-Sport may change that a bit...
Old 07-20-15, 06:57 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

I vote for the new RX! That new RX is really a lifted GS.

Sick u better stay with the Lexus family!
Old 07-20-15, 10:13 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nobeanspls
Ah the old BMW "free maintenance". It consists of..... 4 total oil changes in 4 years. That is all the free maintenance you are likely to get out of them. Because BMW is smart enough to make sure the brake pads are just thick enough to make it past 4 years (for most drivers), the rotor just strong enough to last 4 years, most of the fluids just good enought to last past 4 years.... see a pattern here? Oh and they got that money back from you with the higher starting prices already. You are not saving anything.

As a bonus the multiple warranty stops for little stuff that stops working is also free the first 4 years. Your time wasted is not covered.

Leasing one would be the best bet but the good leases may be hard to find. German cars generally are wonderful driving cars and when they work right some of the BMWs can live up to their slogan. The engine power delivery is sublim on their new turbo motors and they often perform better than their numbers may suggest. I enjoyed mine for the 4 years I owned it...the day after warranty expired the radio stopped working. Pads were coming up, brake fluid needed change, rotors need to be changed... I am sure there was something other stuff coming up too that I did not care for which is why it was traded in.

As far as wanting to jump ship I totally understand. When a car is just not working right and has problems it makes you want to get rid of it.
I have quite a few Bimmers under my belt and in my experience the maintenance is a saving of at least $2.5k for a 3/5 Series and over $3k for the 7. I'm not debating what are they charging the money for, maybe they charge $400 just to sneeze over the car, but you *do* save money over 4 years. I don't know how much Lexus charges, but I know my Bimmers.

After you're out of warranty, you can go to an indie BMW shop and they will charge you half the dealer's price. Of course, I would never own a Bimmer out of warranty, but lots of ppl do and it's not such a disaster as Lexus wants it to be It's not as reliable as a Lexus but it's not a disaster either.
Old 07-20-15, 10:18 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
I see a lot of RXs, but I rarely ever see a man driving one. The RX is nice, but it too is feminine looking. The RX in F-Sport may change that a bit...
I'll send you a selfie of me, driving the RX. I love it. I could wear a pink shirt too. No insecurities here
Old 07-21-15, 05:51 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

I test drove an X5 last night. I liked it but I didn't love it. Didn't even bother to talk numbers at that point and it was close to closing time so it made it easy to walk away.

Next on my list.. 2016 GS F Sport. And I might hold onto my car until next spring or summer just to sweeten the deal. Just a thought.

I was looking at a current RX 350 F Sport yesterday. Damn that thing is long in the tooth. Does anyone have info as to when the new RX is expected to hit the lots?
Old 07-21-15, 05:53 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I vote for the new RX! That new RX is really a lifted GS.

Sick u better stay with the Lexus family!
I would like to! Wherever I go I'll have to take you guys with me
Old 07-21-15, 07:42 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
I was looking at a current RX 350 F Sport yesterday. Damn that thing is long in the tooth. Does anyone have info as to when the new RX is expected to hit the lots?
Later this year.
Old 07-21-15, 07:47 AM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're looking for a crossover that's a blast to drive, try a GLK. It's a 'cedes yes I know, but that car is just phenomenal in terms of handling and power delivery. Lexus had one of those as a comparison for an autocross event with the NX debut and it was something to be very impressed with.

The interior sux hard and the outside isn't much better, but it drives wonderfully around an autocross circuit!

Something to try.
Old 07-21-15, 09:30 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
And when there is a man, there's usually a child or female passenger. Lol. I find all the excuses to avoid driving hers. But I must admit it's a better long distance car than the GS.
Old 07-21-15, 09:48 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1101GS
And when there is a man, there's usually a child or female passenger. Lol. I find all the excuses to avoid driving hers. But I must admit it's a better long distance car than the GS.
I think I lasted a few months in my wife's RX before I traded it when I had to swap cars with her due to running up miles too fast on my X5.

I went from a Black X5 on X6M wheels to .....

What cinched my mind was when I was at a gas station one day and an older age woman (think grandma) walked over to complement me on the color of the car. Older ladies loved the dark candy apple red and the way it looked in the sun. My wife had previously received complements on it also.
Old 07-21-15, 10:09 AM
metrathon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1101GS
Why do you say that? Is the GS noisier?

Quick Reply: Jump Ship? Dirty Thoughts.