There is a list of features. The windows / sunroof are at the end of the list:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/GS_with_nav_LPS.pdf
Old 06-20-16, 06:53 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
^^^Look up "hill start assist".
Aaahhh, now it makes more sense. There is a general 'hill assist' where it won't roll backwards much, but pressing the brake hard locks the brakes for a few seconds to give you time to get the foot on the gas
Old 06-20-16, 07:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,604 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by marjenmill
Aaahhh, now it makes more sense. There is a general 'hill assist' where it won't roll backwards much, but pressing the brake hard locks the brakes for a few seconds to give you time to get the foot on the gas
Exactly.
Old 06-20-16, 08:12 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the window down enabled on mine using the Carista app. Works great and saved me a trip to the dealer.
http://www.caristaapp.com/
The following users liked this post:
and3re (05-20-17)
Old 06-20-16, 10:37 AM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by w4rjd
There is a list of features. The windows / sunroof are at the end of the list:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/GS_with_nav_LPS.pdf
Thanks a lot that was really helpful.
Old 06-20-16, 04:24 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by puffdaddy
I have the window down enabled on mine using the Carista app. Works great and saved me a trip to the dealer.
http://www.caristaapp.com/
Very nice, Thank you
Old 06-20-16, 06:34 PM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

You can also ask dealer to disable seat belt chime.

No one that I spoke to at the dealership would do it. What I ended up doing is asking them to "adjust" chime and then I asked the technician to completely disable it. It's nice when you drive around a large neighborhood at 15-20 mph and not have to listen to the beeping. This just disables audible tone. Everything else is business as usual.

Traction Contoll Off - car cannot be moving and you have to press and hold the button for about 3 seconds until you see some extra things light up on the dash.

Lane Keep Assist - you don't have to keep grabbing steering wheel. Car will just keep driving and keeping safe distance ( also distance is adjustable when you press the button more times ) I had it drive me for about 10 minutes without touching steering wheel and windy highway.

Siri Eyes Free assistant - you can talk directly to Siri on your iPhone through your car after holding down vice command button for couple of seconds. That's in addition to Lexus voice commands.

Windows down with key fob unlock button - would like to confirm that windows down and/or sunroom open is an option that only dealer can enable.

Last edited by RomanTPA; 06-21-16 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-22-16, 12:49 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by trbosmitty
Just found out that you can pull the windshield wiper arms up (following with same angle as the windshield) to have easier access when cleaning that area and for replacing the wiper blades.

Thanks to ItzFilyO
LEXUS GS: CHANGE WIPER BLADES POSITION - YouTube
thank you for this! Always knew it looked off, and i had a 2013 GS too so i knew it couldn't be stock
Old 07-05-16, 01:29 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure if anyone posted this but on the '16 GS350 with Lux package the 19" wheels are called "quiet wheels". There is an air chamber built into the front bead around the circumference of the wheel that Lexus says dampens road noise. I can't say how effective it is as this is my first GS. I can say that the Dunlop tires on mine are much quieter than I thouhgt they would be.
Old 07-19-16, 05:56 AM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RomanTPA
You can also ask dealer to disable seat belt chime.

No one that I spoke to at the dealership would do it. What I ended up doing is asking them to "adjust" chime and then I asked the technician to completely disable it. It's nice when you drive around a large neighborhood at 15-20 mph and not have to listen to the beeping. This just disables audible tone. Everything else is business as usual.

Traction Contoll Off - car cannot be moving and you have to press and hold the button for about 3 seconds until you see some extra things light up on the dash.

Lane Keep Assist - you don't have to keep grabbing steering wheel. Car will just keep driving and keeping safe distance ( also distance is adjustable when you press the button more times ) I had it drive me for about 10 minutes without touching steering wheel and windy highway.

Siri Eyes Free assistant - you can talk directly to Siri on your iPhone through your car after holding down vice command button for couple of seconds. That's in addition to Lexus voice commands.

Windows down with key fob unlock button - would like to confirm that windows down and/or sunroom open is an option that only dealer can enable.
Is the Lane Keep Assist feature standard or for luxury package only?
Old 07-25-16, 01:34 PM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
Is the Lane Keep Assist feature standard or for luxury package only?
It's part of LEXUS SAFETY SYSTEM+
Pre-Collision System(PCS)* with pedestrian detection*, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control*,Lane Keep Assist* and Lane Departure Alert* with Steering Assist* and intelligent high-beam headlamps*
Old 07-29-16, 01:59 PM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my car for almost two years now and FINALLY took it on a long road trip through several Mountain Ranges driving from Alberta to Seattle. What an awesome trip in an awesome car!!! Carving up the mountain roads in sport+ was an absolute blast!

I found a new feature that I've never even heard of before. When using the cruise control the car will gear down on it's own in order to maintain your speed when going down steep hills!! How cool is that!!!
Old 07-31-16, 06:19 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Just found S-Vent. Not sure I will use it seems like engineering for very little value. Thoughts anyone?
Old 08-01-16, 03:24 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Originally Posted by w4rjd
Just found S-Vent. Not sure I will use it seems like engineering for very little value. Thoughts anyone?
My wife and I car pool to work most days so I actually end up using it frequently. I "assume" when selected it cuts down on the a/c pull when other occupants aren't detected? If we are talking about the same thing here.

■ S-FLOW mode

In S-FLOW mode, priority for the airflow is given to the front seats, reducing the airflow and air conditioning effect on the rear seats.

If a passenger is not detected in the front passenger seat, priority for the air- flow will be given to the driver's seat only.

In this case, the temperature indicator for the front passenger side will turn off. S-FLOW mode will be activated automatically according to the set temperature, outside temperature, etc. (P. 502)

The indicator comes on when S-FLOW mode is on.
Old 08-03-16, 02:40 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default LED under rearview mirror

I found out that there is a little LED light under the center of the rearview mirror. You can see it clearly at night time, or put your finger underneath the rearview mirror and you can see it. It's not very bright, but I found it when I was adjusting my ornament hanging off the mirror!

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?