GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 09:53 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was out this weekend and discovered yet another new nifty feature..

Since the car doesnt let you perform searches while youre moving, I used google maps to find my destination.. I was stunned to find out once I had found it and hit navigate, the GS started giving me vocal directions over the stereo speakers!!

I think this is maybe because I had Enform running on my phone, not positive though as this was the first time this has occurred.. still it was cool!
Old 03-16-15, 09:54 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F

Since the car doesnt let you perform searches while youre moving, I used google maps to find my destination.. I was stunned to find out once I had found it and hit navigate, the GS started giving me vocal directions over the stereo speakers!!

I think this is maybe because I had Enform running on my phone, not positive though as this was the first time this has occurred.. still it was cool!
Were you on Bluetooth streaming audio? The audio you heard may have been from your phone and not the GS.

[edit] I may actually have to try Enform now to test this. Been almost two years and I have yet to try Enform. LOL
Old 03-16-15, 09:55 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Oh I hate CVT too. If it wasn't for the 40+ MPG I wouldn't get it.
Its worth it if the trade off for the CVT is effortless 40+ MPG. Gas prices are going up pretty quickly around these areas.
Old 03-16-15, 10:01 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by praetor
Were you on Bluetooth streaming audio? The audio you heard may have been from your phone and not the GS.

[edit] I may actually have to try Enform now to test this. Been almost two years and I have yet to try Enform. LOL
Use Bing in the ENFORM app to search for a destination. Once you find it, click "Save" in the details page.

Then from your car, navigate to the Apps page and click "Saved" destinations. The car will sync with your phone. Its a work around for doing searches and entering destinations while driving. Also the fastest way to enter address into our nav.
Old 03-16-15, 10:05 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor

Yea it's mostly ur phone navigation streaming through ur Bluetooth audio. I do this on my CT too since it's the base model and has no screen, only BT audio. It's a Cheap but works nav system.
Old 03-16-15, 10:06 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rijc99
Its worth it if the trade off for the CVT is effortless 40+ MPG. Gas prices are going up pretty quickly around these areas.
Yea, no matter how hard u drive it u'll still get 40. Plus it takes regular gas and only $20-30 per fill ups compared to GS $50-60.
Old 03-16-15, 10:14 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yea it's mostly ur phone navigation streaming through ur Bluetooth audio. I do this on my CT too since it's the base model and has no screen, only BT audio. It's a Cheap but works nav system.
Ahhh cool, to clarify then you dont even need the Enform app running?!!

Even better, though I am not certain about calling anything about owning this car "cheap"!!
Old 03-16-15, 10:24 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Ahhh cool, to clarify then you dont even need the Enform app running?!!

Even better, though I am not certain about calling anything about owning this car "cheap"!!
Its basically using one of two things. Audio through bluetooth if you are listening to bluetooth audio. OR certain apps will send navigation voice directions over the telephone system. In which case it will come through as a phone call.
Old 03-16-15, 10:25 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I never have the Enform app running. The only one time I had was at the first time setup.
Old 03-16-15, 10:52 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Use Bing in the ENFORM app to search for a destination. Once you find it, click "Save" in the details page.

Then from your car, navigate to the Apps page and click "Saved" destinations. The car will sync with your phone. Its a work around for doing searches and entering destinations while driving. Also the fastest way to enter address into our nav.
Interesting. Need to try this.
Old 03-16-15, 11:17 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I've used the Bing app a lot. The voice recognition is really good. Used it quite a bit last week on a road trip to Biloxi. Don't the 2015's have naturally speaking to enter destinations for navigation? So instead of doing it step by step, you can say an address all it once.
Old 03-16-15, 11:48 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
I've used the Bing app a lot. The voice recognition is really good. Used it quite a bit last week on a road trip to Biloxi. Don't the 2015's have naturally speaking to enter destinations for navigation? So instead of doing it step by step, you can say an address all it once.
Yes it does, but the POI database still isn't as good as bing.
Old 03-16-15, 05:04 PM
adpock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Page News!

great thread! thought the front page crowd would think so too...
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/t...exus-features/
Old 03-17-15, 03:56 PM
Mike246
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I read through all the responses and felt certain that my favourite 'discovery' would be shared by others. But I was wrong.

The bluetooth steaming allows me to listen to Martini in the Morning, via my iPhone, virtually uninterupted.

One thing the GS does not appear to do is play videos. My previous car, a Jaguar XF would play from a USB stick while the car was stationary.
Old 03-17-15, 05:40 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike246
I read through all the responses and felt certain that my favourite 'discovery' would be shared by others. But I was wrong.

The bluetooth steaming allows me to listen to Martini in the Morning, via my iPhone, virtually uninterupted.

One thing the GS does not appear to do is play videos. My previous car, a Jaguar XF would play from a USB stick while the car was stationary.
I saw where somebody, somewhere, provided a mod to make the GS 350 play videos at any time (including while moving) fed to the USB.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?