Black box installed for my GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-13, 11:16 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Day driving video:

Night driving with no to little street light:

The actual HD video much better quality due to Youtube compress the file to their standard.
Old 04-01-13, 01:33 AM
SimonGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is pretty cool, is there anyway to have it were you can mute the voice recording, and remove the mph on the recording?
Old 04-01-13, 08:01 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SimonGS
This is pretty cool, is there anyway to have it were you can mute the voice recording, and remove the mph on the recording?
Read my post last sentence...
Old 04-01-13, 08:28 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SimonGS
Voice/speed recording and voice announce can be turn off.
Old 04-01-13, 11:34 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That's very clean. Looks like a safe idea
Old 04-05-13, 02:10 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What's your solution for the rear? Anyone else have a different model?
Old 10-29-13, 09:28 PM
jackeyli
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I got the same camera too. But which two fuses did you choose for the red and yellow wires? The LED on the box went off in seconds after the engine was turned off. And most confused thing is that the camera kept on and off all the time while i was driving. Any guess? thanks!
Old 10-30-13, 07:41 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Did you get the UPC box? First test your dashcam by connect direct to cigarette power supply to see if it working properly when driving.

Sound like you had a 3 wires UPC and didn't tap the red wire correctly. I use a multivolt meter to test for constant positive wire (always on, driver side kick panel) and tap the UPC positive yellow to it. Then check for a accessories wire (positive with ignition on only) and tap the UPC red wire. That will solve the on/off problem when driving and supply the power for parking recording.

Originally Posted by jackeyli
Hi, I got the same camera too. But which two fuses did you choose for the red and yellow wires? The LED on the box went off in seconds after the engine was turned off. And most confused thing is that the camera kept on and off all the time while i was driving. Any guess? thanks!
Old 10-30-13, 10:00 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Thats awesome, especailly for the price! Great video quality too.
Old 10-31-13, 08:54 PM
jackeyli
Driver School Candidate

Thanks onexcite! I just remembered that wrong for the yellow & red wire lol. Here comes a final solution. I finally have the yellow wire directly connect to the car battery with a in-line fuse. And that solves all the problems. The red wire is still connected to the fuse of radio (ACC), since the only other ACC fuse is used to turn on my subwoofer. The use of the piggy back fuses is a great idea. Thanks again!
I found that the newer Lexus (ES350) would cut off all the power in car in around 30minutes after the vehicle was locked. (just personal experience,bc i couldn't find anything about that online) Hope my experience would be helpful to others.
B.T.W the camera would only disable the parking mode in one or two minutes after i started the car. Is that the right way?
Originally Posted by onexcite
Did you get the UPC box? First test your dashcam by connect direct to cigarette power supply to see if it working properly when driving.

Sound like you had a 3 wires UPC and didn't tap the red wire correctly. I use a multivolt meter to test for constant positive wire (always on, driver side kick panel) and tap the UPC positive yellow to it. Then check for a accessories wire (positive with ignition on only) and tap the UPC red wire. That will solve the on/off problem when driving and supply the power for parking recording.
Old 11-04-13, 09:47 AM
stick22
Driver

i would love this. is there an installer in SoCal? i am currently using my old iphone as a dashcam
Old 11-04-13, 09:49 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

how much does something like this cost?
Old 11-04-13, 10:25 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
how much does something like this cost?
Looks like amazon is selling it for about $250. I'd love to have this, but can't really justify the cost (now that I've said it, I'm guessing <something> will make me regret that! lol!)
Old 11-04-13, 07:09 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
Looks like amazon is selling it for about $250. I'd love to have this, but can't really justify the cost (now that I've said it, I'm guessing <something> will make me regret that! lol!)
same here, thats 250 for more mods
Old 11-05-13, 05:02 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jackeyli
Thanks onexcite! I just remembered that wrong for the yellow & red wire lol. Here comes a final solution. I finally have the yellow wire directly connect to the car battery with a in-line fuse. And that solves all the problems. The red wire is still connected to the fuse of radio (ACC), since the only other ACC fuse is used to turn on my subwoofer. The use of the piggy back fuses is a great idea. Thanks again!
I found that the newer Lexus (ES350) would cut off all the power in car in around 30minutes after the vehicle was locked. (just personal experience,bc i couldn't find anything about that online) Hope my experience would be helpful to others.
B.T.W the camera would only disable the parking mode in one or two minutes after i started the car. Is that the right way?
The dashcam recording all the time especially when moving or object detection so no worry. But it only announce disable parking mode after minute or two after moving (software glitch).

I tried to install another one for the rear but it would interfere with the sunshade, anyone having a solution?

Quick Reply: Black box installed for my GS