Trunk TSB Done... - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Trunk TSB Done...

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-13, 07:29 PM   #16
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
Now I want it done now, I hate waiting. I love the fact it basically closes itself they must have added the weight to let it close itself, still miss the soft close though. I would have taken a pic but its too cold and I just covered my car for the storm, even though its in a garage!
i would have done the same thing. covered her up, we are supposed to see some bad weather on Fri.... IMO the Trunk TSB is worth it. you'll definitely notice and feel the difference.
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 07:38 PM   #17
bigblack06
Moderator
iTrader: (14)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
i would have done the same thing. covered her up, we are supposed to see some bad weather on Fri.... IMO the Trunk TSB is worth it. you'll definitely notice and feel the difference.
Yeah I think we are getting hit worse than you all. I plan to stay home and order parts and accessories all day
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 07:46 PM   #18
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
Yeah I think we are getting hit worse than you all. I plan to stay home and order parts and accessories all day
sounds like a plan... wish i could do that.
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 09:03 PM   #19
Chuck W.
Rookie
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 93
Default

Do you have the TSB number or a copy of it?
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 09:13 PM   #20
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Do you have the TSB number or a copy of it?
ask and you shall receive.

L-SB-0065-12-page0001 by e39ng, on Flickr
no charge make sure the last 2 numbers of your VIN# are lower than the last 2 of the production change effective VIN#. my last 2 are 17, the last 2 on the PCE VIN# are 28 and 52 . if your VIN is higher then it might have been done already.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 02-06-13 at 09:19 PM.
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 09:57 PM   #21
modthispny
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 456
Default

saved! thank you
modthispny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 11:28 PM   #22
Chuck W.
Rookie
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
ask and you shall receive..
Thanks you. You would think my son's car would be done. It was manufactured on 12/12, Yet, it popped open so fast on him the second day of ownership it caught the key and scratched the truck. For a mere $350 it is good as new.... ugh. But, reading the TSB, this might not be what I am looking for. Seems if Lexus had equipped this model with power trunks this would all be a non issue.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 02-06-13 at 11:32 PM.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 07:54 AM   #23
bigblack06
Moderator
iTrader: (14)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Thanks you. You would think my son's car would be done. It was manufactured on 12/12, Yet, it popped open so fast on him the second day of ownership it caught the key and scratched the truck. For a mere $350 it is good as new.... ugh. But, reading the TSB, this might not be what I am looking for. Seems if Lexus had equipped this model with power trunks this would all be a non issue.
Well I think it would have been nice to have the power trunk, it was necessary. The 3GS had hydraulics for when you closed the trunk and people complained it was to heavy to lift which it wasn't, the soft close was the best feature but people complained about the trunk lock itself, I really think most of the 3GS features should have carried over to the 4GS. I hate the sound of this trunk when it closes, can't change that unless I want to dish out $2500 on parts in power trunk. It's a losing battle Lexus will always cost cut certain things, at least I got a full size spare.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 08:58 AM   #24
djpeakSD
Lead Lap
 
djpeakSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 426
Default

My service guy ordered the parts for this TSB and he is also ordered some new brake pads for me.
djpeakSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:37 AM   #25
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver
 
jkeifer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
Yeah I think we are getting hit worse than you all. I plan to stay home and order parts and accessories all day
LOL, make sure you have a big UPS if you are ordering on line. We here in the mid-Atlantic have heard that the power is supposed to be going down for a while. Stay safe and good luck with the white stuff!
jkeifer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 11:01 AM   #26
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
have no clue as to what they did, i got distracted and started cussing and acting uncivilized. there is a new service director and obviously he has no people skills. i have a short temper and he found out after his first 5 words. he called the GM and was told that Mr. Harley is a very, very good customer... give him what he wants. back to the trunk...
[.




Thanks for the write-up, will take this in when the car hits 5k..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 11:49 AM   #27
modthispny
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 456
Default

my vin is 74 so already completed.
modthispny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 01:01 PM   #28
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Thanks you. You would think my son's car would be done. It was manufactured on 12/12, Yet, it popped open so fast on him the second day of ownership it caught the key and scratched the truck. For a mere $350 it is good as new.... ugh. But, reading the TSB, this might not be what I am looking for. Seems if Lexus had equipped this model with power trunks this would all be a non issue.
i think this is the TSB you're looking for because the trunk no longer flies up when you open it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
Well I think it would have been nice to have the power trunk, it was necessary. The 3GS had hydraulics for when you closed the trunk and people complained it was to heavy to lift which it wasn't, the soft close was the best feature but people complained about the trunk lock itself, I really think most of the 3GS features should have carried over to the 4GS. I hate the sound of this trunk when it closes, can't change that unless I want to dish out $2500 on parts in power trunk. It's a losing battle Lexus will always cost cut certain things, at least I got a full size spare.
yes, the trunk does open as if it has hydraulics, and it does seem heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post




Thanks for the write-up, will take this in when the car hits 5k..
you're welcome Blueprint... the TSB did work. this is what we've been looking for. well a power trunk would have sufficed but i'll take what they offered.
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 02:29 PM   #29
Chuck W.
Rookie
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
i think this is the TSB you're looking for because the trunk no longer flies up when you open it...
Cool, thanks.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 10:16 AM   #30
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap
 
Bill_GS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 556
Default

The hinge is "wider" from the wires for your tail lights.
Bill_GS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LFA #003 at Hennesey Lexus on PT IND. sydtoosic LFA Model (2012) 9 08-17-13 04:32 PM
my Brothers 2012 & my 2013 sydtoosic LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 18 06-13-13 05:44 PM
2013 LS460 squattin on 20" Vossen CV4 sydtoosic LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 11 05-03-13 08:50 AM
Onr & spns sydtoosic Automotive Care & Detailing 6 04-24-13 11:58 AM
beading after the rain... sydtoosic GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 43 03-01-13 01:02 PM


Tags
2006, 2011, 2013, active, bulletin, close, gs, gs350, gs430, is250, latch, lexus, ls460, motorized, service, technical, trunk, tsb, tsib, turnk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved