GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New 2006 GS 300 Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-16, 12:36 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post New 2006 GS 300 Help

Hello All, Just Got a really clean 1 owner, well maintained GS300. I mean other then the fact that its a 2006. Its like having a brand new car......other then the small paint and body imperfections that are hard to avoid( Cause other people don't respect whats not theres by hitting other cars with there car doors in parking lots.). lol! Anyway There are a few small fasteners missing and I don't know what there called and how to get an exploded view so I can obtain the parts. Im missing one engine cover clip which is easy to find. However when the tires lost air for some reason and I put air in and examined my tires (which by the way are practically new also). I notice one of the little plastic covers near the front rear right side wheel wells was sorta hanging. Looking under looks like a circle hole on both the plastic part an the body frame like a little push plug fell out at one time. Anyone knows anything or can point me in the right direction or provide one of those exploded view parts catalog pages with the numbers will be greatly appreciated. Also Can Any one recommend a good Lexus Dealer or Independent Lexus Shop for service. Thank You!
Old 12-01-16, 02:23 PM
socaligs
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

where in ca are you located?
Old 12-02-16, 03:36 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Default Pico Rivera

Hi, Im in Pico Rivera, a small city in between Montebello, Whittier, El Monte, and Downey
Old 12-02-16, 03:50 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

welcome to club lexus. take a picture of the missing part, that would help.
The following users liked this post:
LUX2006 (12-10-16)
Old 12-05-16, 11:19 AM
gtrevels
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to get a fastener kit specifically for your car similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Hilitchi-Reta...lexus+fastener
I ended up buying a fastener kit for my ISF after noticing some fasteners missing. However, the kit I bought didn't match perfectly but they did fit and secure the panels.
LUX2006 (12-10-16)
Old 12-05-16, 05:15 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

You can find exploded diagrams with part numbers here: http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/
LUX2006 (12-11-16)
Old 12-10-16, 11:36 AM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Default pix of missing or damaged fasteners

Originally Posted by masboy
welcome to club lexus. take a picture of the missing part, that would help.
little rubber bumpers missing. Replacements? Substitutions?
Missing Fastener. Probably from a garage lift or just wore out and fell off.
Is there suppose to be another rubber plug here? or is this just a drain hole?
small fastener just left of dip stick pull handle. It is very loose. Not sure if parts missing or faster needs replacement.
One missing engine panel fastener. Non Lexus service mistake? or part wore out and fell off. Other same clips in engine bay are very loose.
Old 12-10-16, 01:02 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Go to MYLPARTS.com they have parts diagrams for everything on the car so you'll see the fasteners on there and can order them individually plus you can use CL5 discount code to get a reduced price
LUX2006 (12-19-16)
Old 12-12-16, 06:40 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Cup holder: you're not going to find a replacement piece from Lexus. Just glue in a small piece of rubber or cut out a similarly sized piece of adhesive-backed felt

Trunk: that's a drainage hole, everything looks fine

Engine cover: the one by the dip stick looks fine, and the missing one was probably forgotten by a technician during a service, there's no reason they should break during normal use. And those engine cover panels are supposed to be a bit loose
LUX2006 (12-17-16)
Old 12-12-16, 09:15 PM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I got the engine cover clips from Amazon, they get brittle and break after 10 years! LOL
Measure the size you need, they have lots of them like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6COO9H
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AGDUTCO

Last edited by ServerTech; 12-12-16 at 09:19 PM.
LUX2006 (12-17-16)
Old 12-17-16, 01:32 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank You +++

Thank you all for all the supportive info. A new job I just started keeps me business. I don't even have time for Netflix anymore. lol! It is not mentioned here or I might have missed it however I just ordered parts from www.lexuspartsnow.com. Cost of parts is a lot lower then the other sites I searched and was mentioned of. Only downfall of this site is they do not offer the exploded view maps. I have to borrow them from www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com, cause they have all the maps. Anyway I have another question. Has/does anyone else have a broken glove box light? It appears to be a separate piece of plastic that was cemented or melted on the glove box shell.
Right above the cabin air filter
This was this way when I got the car. I didn't do it when installing the k & n cabin filter. Any info on a fix would be helpful. If I have to completely remove the glove box to fix ill do. Thanks
Old 12-17-16, 01:50 PM
Wesley84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grabbed an 06 gs300 awd, when I start the car it sounds like a rattle or diesel anyone have a clue, after its warm it dosnt. new oil and look still look brand new.
Old 12-18-16, 04:53 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Might want to post new thread friend.

Originally Posted by Wesley84
Grabbed an 06 gs300 awd, when I start the car it sounds like a rattle or diesel anyone have a clue, after its warm it dosnt. new oil and look still look brand new.
Hello Wesley84, sounds like something you should have a qualified Lexus tech check it out, or a trusted Toyota/lexus independent tech. No "Jose mechanic" job. Also this was my thread on asking others for help. I too just got an 06 gs. The question you asked my be better suited in a new post as your intro. Thats what I did here any further small help I'd either daisy chain onto this thread or start a new one. Thanks, Welcome to CL, congrats on the new gs, and hope you get the answers you need.
Old 12-19-16, 03:34 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wesley84
If it's a rapid clicking/ticking type sound, that's the direct injection system and it's totally normal. This is a fairly common question that has been discussed before – you can find these threads by using the forum's search function. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call the Lexus dealership and ask them to check your VIN to ensure that all recall maintenance has been done. As Lux said, if you're still unsure about the noise, have a trained Lexus/Toyota mechanic look at it. And let's respect OPs wishes and not threadjack – definitely start a new thread for your questions, we'll all be glad to help!

And congrats on your new GS!
Old 12-19-16, 03:45 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LUX2006
Thank you all for all the supportive info. A new job I just started keeps me business. I don't even have time for Netflix anymore. lol! It is not mentioned here or I might have missed it however I just ordered parts from www.lexuspartsnow.com. Cost of parts is a lot lower then the other sites I searched and was mentioned of. Only downfall of this site is they do not offer the exploded view maps. I have to borrow them from www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com, cause they have all the maps. Anyway I have another question. Has/does anyone else have a broken glove box light? It appears to be a separate piece of plastic that was cemented or melted on the glove box shell.
Right above the cabin air filter
This was this way when I got the car. I didn't do it when installing the k & n cabin filter. Any info on a fix would be helpful. If I have to completely remove the glove box to fix ill do. Thanks
Could you take the picture again but with better lighting and/or closer the the piece you're referring to? It's kinda hard for me to make out the details in the picture

I've always has good experiences with lexuspartsnow.com, though I've also always wondered about the lack of exploded views when most other parts websites have them – though they're probably also not necessary for this same reason!

Quick Reply: New 2006 GS 300 Help