GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS430 Aftermarket Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 04:09 PM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS430 Aftermarket Subwoofer

Has anyone added an aftermarket subwoofer to their GS430 (or any other model)? If so, what did you get added?

I was looking around for suggestions and stumbled on the 4080 enclosure that was being offered by a member on the site, but I don't think it's available anymore. If it's truly not available, I'd like something similar to it in how it doesn't take a lot of space in the trunk.
Old 03-26-14, 08:50 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

I have an 06 gs300 and got a 10w7 in a custom enclosure. I looked into 4080 enclosures before and couldn't find any. This custom box was more expensive than the 4080 boxes I've encountered in CL in the past.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...package&page=3

Last edited by Lex Luga; 03-26-14 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-26-14, 10:33 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

They've changed companies....

http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-vi...enclosure.html

I can't find any info on the new company but remember landing on it long ago .
Old 03-26-14, 10:39 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Depends what you are looking for and what type of music you mainly listen to

I'm happy with a 12w6 and a 500.1 but it slaps like crazyyyy and takes up half my trunk. If you want clean sound get a 10" unported
Old 03-31-14, 09:40 AM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
They've changed companies....

http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-vi...enclosure.html

I can't find any info on the new company but remember landing on it long ago .
I thought I had come across a post about this site, but the site doesn't appear to be active anymore. Do you know if it's available somewhere else?

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Depends what you are looking for and what type of music you mainly listen to

I'm happy with a 12w6 and a 500.1 but it slaps like crazyyyy and takes up half my trunk. If you want clean sound get a 10" unported
I actually have a MTX Terminator 12", but after a few issues where I've had to get my spare out of my trunk, having that subwoofer taking up half my trunk and being a general annoyance in these scenarios has made me want to consider something like the enclosure since it acts like it's not there and does the job.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I had the wrong notification set on the forum and didn't realize anyone had replied until today.
Old 03-31-14, 10:24 AM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Everyone still using the stock radio?
Old 03-31-14, 10:27 AM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SLOW4DR
Everyone still using the stock radio?
Stock, to an extent. I added an iPod adapter so I can play music from that instead of the radio, but otherwise it's still stock. I have the Mark Levinson system so everything sounds fine to me, I just wanted to add some extra bump with a better sub.

What you looking for?
Old 03-31-14, 11:34 AM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the 4080's are still being made even after they changed companies. You'll have to find one here or ebay probably. I know this may sound dumb but we can use aftermarket radio's. What about the climate controls?
Old 03-31-14, 11:40 AM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by benztolex
I don't think the 4080's are still being made even after they changed companies. You'll have to find one here or ebay probably. I know this may sound dumb but we can use aftermarket radio's. What about the climate controls?
I was hoping to find something here so that's why I made the thread to see if anyone had something or at least some information to lead to one because I wasn't able to find anything on eBay before I posted.

As for the part about the aftermarket radios and climate controls, I wasn't sure if that was a comment or a question? Could you elaborate or explain?
Old 03-31-14, 12:46 PM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtice
I was hoping to find something here so that's why I made the thread to see if anyone had something or at least some information to lead to one because I wasn't able to find anything on eBay before I posted.

As for the part about the aftermarket radios and climate controls, I wasn't sure if that was a comment or a question? Could you elaborate or explain?
Ya, I'm most certain the company no longer make those anymore. I've actually just searched again. I'm sure you can get one custom bro.

It was actually a question. I've never looked into aftermarket units because of the climate controls.
Old 03-31-14, 12:54 PM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Ya, I'm most certain the company no longer make those anymore. I've actually just searched again. I'm sure you can get one custom bro.

It was actually a question. I've never looked into aftermarket units because of the climate controls.
Was just looking into those since they're already known to fit and be a good enclosure for my purpose. Outside of that, I'm not sure where I'd want to look into getting a custom one made.

As for aftermarket units, I'm sure there are plenty of options that are available, but I've heard that the factory amp doesn't usually work well with them so it ends up being more expensive than just the initial system (that's just a word of warning to do your research and verify before you buy something based on assumptions).
Old 03-31-14, 01:32 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

The factory unit seems to be tied into way too much to just swap it out. Seems like a can of worms I'm not willing to open. I live in AZ so losing AC controls isn't an option haha.
Old 03-31-14, 04:14 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Stock, to an extent. I added an iPod adapter so I can play music from that instead of the radio, but otherwise it's still stock. I have the Mark Levinson system so everything sounds fine to me, I just wanted to add some extra bump with a better sub.

What you looking for?
Just considering a sub for extra bump. Do I need a line level converter? If the amplifier has a high level input, that should be sufficient, right?
Old 03-31-14, 06:19 PM
bigtice
Driver School Candidate

Just considering a sub for extra bump. Do I need a line level converter? If the amplifier has a high level input, that should be sufficient, right?
Wish I could help you more on this, but this isn't my area of expertise. What I can tell you is the subwoofer that I did have (had it from a previous car and simply had it moved and install into the Lexus when I got it) had both inputs from the amplifier that was connected to it but it may not be required. Take that as you will though and not as matter of fact.
Old 03-31-14, 08:20 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I thought I had come across a post about this site, but the site doesn't appear to be active anymore. Do you know if it's available somewhere else?

I actually have a MTX Terminator 12", but after a few issues where I've had to get my spare out of my trunk, having that subwoofer taking up half my trunk and being a general annoyance in these scenarios has made me want to consider something like the enclosure since it acts like it's not there and does the job.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I had the wrong notification set on the forum and didn't realize anyone had replied until today.
No sir, they've probably shut off production for good now.... Sadly.

You can, on the good side, get custom sub boxes made though! Each side I was quoted was $250 from a dude that does glass all day .

If you want I'd be more than happy to have the dude down here in Orlando do it, and I just ship it off to you, given you pay shipping and price of the boxes (I have no interest in getting this done anymore, as I'm going with a ported box for an 8in).

They don't 100% correlate to each other. There's a member on here who's done it already.

I have a thread I started, that might lead to something about using aftermarket radios.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...cut-wires.html

I'd EMAIL/CALL Scosche to make sure it is what it is.

I've never messed with high level inputs before, but I use a Line level converter for my subs. I assume it's the same? Since they say hi-low level input? Does this high level input amplifier have a **** to adjust input power?