GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Help need some serious advice as to what to do found problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 01:28 AM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help need some serious advice as to what to do found problems

I need some serious advice as to what to do. I have been trying to figure out what was wrong with my car for the past week. I have a 06 GS 300 AWD. I took it to Toyota twice and twice they said there is no leaks nothing wrong with it and I am just buring the oil by speading or something. Anyway The last time I went over there, I told them sometimes I could smell something buring through the air vent and they looked around and said I had a leak in the Rear Differential where the axle is. So anyway they told me it is hard job and to take it to Lexus. Anyway I took the car to Lexus today and they looked at it and they found the leak in the rear differential and they said that would cost $741 which fine I can pay it. Then they said there is another leak in the seals in engine. They said that Toyota used some kind of dye and they could see where it leaked out. Why couldn't Toyota see that? Anyway they told me it would cost me $3,900 to fix the front seals in the engine and also do something with the AWD axle thing they said that was a poor design in the first place and to fix it since they are down there. So I am looking around $5,000 for repairs. I bought the car with 38,000 miles on it for $26,500 back in 2009. I have a warranty until 100,000 miles and at 98,000 miles 1.5 years ago I had the rear struts replaced, and $4,000 worth of engine work, New Cams and new gaskets etc. 10,000 miles ago I had new front breaks done, 5,000 miles ago I had new Rear breaks done. I have always taken care of it and always changed the oil every time it needed it and also did every service to it. at 105,000 miles I added $5,000 or so worth of appearence mods including a new vertex kit, dual exaust, and wheels. The problems now include those repairs, also need to repaint the front bumper because of peeling paint. Also I need to replace or re dye the center console arm rest since my arm has turned the leather black. I am not looking for a new car right now really don't want one since I really like that car. But I am afraid that if I fix all this then a month later the rear seals could go and what is that another $3K to fix? then left side axel seal? then maybe transmission going out in another 6 months? where is the end? I am not able to finance a car since I can't prove where I live or how much money I make. I can add another $10K or $15K to a trade in and get something else but I looked the car up and they said KBB price is $10K for this car??? so my question to you is if you were in my shoes and under these cirumstances what would you do? fix it or trade it in?

Last edited by krava; 04-06-13 at 01:31 AM. Reason: didn't put everything in
Old 04-06-13, 12:43 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution

went to lexus talked to them. Also had someone over hear my converstation and left his number. Anyway jist of this is that the dealership knows that the 06 GS had an issue and I heard there is a 9 year unlimited warranty on the misfireing of the engine. anyway the guy told me to make sure oil is always in the car and waits for the car to misfire. When the car misfires most all of that will be taken care under warranty. Also will fix the car up to sell and get the rear differential fixed. I had no idea there is a problem with oil consumption in that car. If Toyota can't find leaks in the thing after 2 attempts and I have no evidence of oil on my sidewalk where I park it must be the truth and lexus wants me to pay for their mistake. my mistake was tursting the car and not checking the oil as I thought the car does everything itself like air pressure if I am low etc. So now I feel alot better about the situation as I have been down in the dumps the past 2 days.
Old 04-06-13, 01:26 PM
silva1181
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out this thread. Doesn't help with your axle seal leak but can shed some light on the burning oil and misfire

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rning-oil.html

and this one

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-misfire.html

Last edited by silva1181; 04-06-13 at 01:35 PM.