GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Seriously... AWD Vibration/Wobble Needs to be Addressed by the Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-14, 05:15 AM
thusanth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomV
I have an 06 GS AWD and i have had this conversation with IXI187IXI so many times i can't remember. RCA blocks will not solve the problem unless your just using the blocks with stock suspension i believe. JRE022 i feel you, i too had my coilovers sitting in a dark corner in the house neglected but i only bought my car last year. i hit up a friend of mine who works on cars in Texas and he fabbed up a part i mentioned in another thread to to in between the motor mounts to keep the axles at an aligned height. i haven't had a chance to put mine on yet but he and a few others have had success with it with minimum to no vibrations. I am currently lowered on BC's and hopefully i put in my spacers this weekend.

i was tucked but the vibrations drove to much fear into me so i raised it up to about 2 finger gap with minimum vibrations.
Thanks phantom when do get those spacers installed please do let us know your feedback I am very well interested to try them
Old 02-01-15, 09:56 AM
IamAriGold
Driver School Candidate

Default You mean that shake or vibration you get at low speeds?

I was combing this forum looking to make sure we're talking about the same thing. It's a low speed (hesitation/vibration/shake/wobble) that you get somewhere between 10-20mph that's really odd. It's not that way. Is this what you guys have been discussing when you refer to the "vibration"?
Old 02-02-15, 05:34 AM
PhantomV
Rookie

Originally Posted by IamAriGold
I was combing this forum looking to make sure we're talking about the same thing. It's a low speed (hesitation/vibration/shake/wobble) that you get somewhere between 10-20mph that's really odd. It's not that way. Is this what you guys have been discussing when you refer to the "vibration"?
you are correct.
Old 03-08-15, 05:30 PM
IamAriGold
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got my coilovers put on yes it's vibey!

Anyway, why are we all guessing?
1. Is it in the front suspension? Control arms (Let's try reinforced)
Or
2. The drive train axles in the front? I noticed that when it's in Neutral its not so bad. (Is there something we can address there?)
Or
3. Both?

I love my car and we need to end this.. It's a ****ing travesty that we're here trying to figure this out.

I had a guy tell me he raised his engine up a few inches. I mean is this what t's coming down to? Surely there's gotta be a fix and I'm not opposed to raising the engine but is it that deep? Is it an angle on the front drive axles? Because I'm starting to think that this is where the issue could be.