GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Can't turn off GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 07:27 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bozer
Is it even possible to have the windows go down only half way on all four windows? I wouldn't even know how to do that nevermind do that accidently.
well i guess the important question is, was the sunroof partial open to? like yang said if you hold down the unlock button for like 3 seconds, the windows will start to go down automatically. if you release the button, they will stop. so it is possible to have them roll only half way down. the key question would be the sunroof. if the windows were down and the sunroof was not opened, then it wasnt done from the fob.
Old 04-08-10, 04:58 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sir, the sun roof was not opened. And the keys were not on me or with me at the time.

I've been speaking with Alex at Bay Ridge Lexus. He's been really polite and they've had the car for a few days now because they want to take care of all my complaints in one shot. The rattles, the weirdness with the electric, and my mirrors.

I'll keep you guys posted. This dude Alex seems like a breath of fresh air so far.
Old 04-11-10, 08:20 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

A week later, they still have my car. They're saying they can't get the windows to go up or down anymore.

He mentioned I might be charged to buy another battery, but I will fight that to the absolute death as the only reason my battery is dead is because of something retarded with the electric.

Then I asked him if he has a loaner available. He said he'd call me right back to let me know, never got a return call.

Starting to not look good =(
Old 04-11-10, 09:03 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

really sorry heat all ur troubles,,,really surprised by all the issues,,,,keep us update for sure
Old 04-14-10, 01:24 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Bad news –

So the car has been there for 2 weeks now. They couldn’t seem to find the problem for a few days, then I got a call saying they replaced the battery and it was fixed and I’d be getting it that night. No clue if they looked at the rattles.

Later that night, I get a call from them saying that they took the car for a wash and prep, and then the navigation screen once again would not turn off. It appears there is some water someplace messing with the fuses. You would think all these days working on it they would have found that problem sooner.

Now I’m starting to get worried. It’s been 2 weeks and who knows what they’ve been doing. I asked for a loaner twice already, both times I was told he’d call me back to let me know and I never got a call.

This is really disappointing. I always thought of Lexus as reliable, and hey, stuff happens, but this is pretty weak. At least give me a loaner or something since I’m paying $622 a month for this car and I haven’t had it for 2 weeks.

I still have no idea when I’m going to get it back. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday way out in New Jersey and was hoping to take my pretty Lexus to it. Now I’m worried if I even get it back in time that my car won’t shut off once I get out there.

Someone hold me and tell me it will be alright =(
Old 04-14-10, 01:52 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow they didnt give ur loaner,,,,think u need to make few phone calls,,,
Old 04-14-10, 02:56 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I apologize if this has already been asked but did you buy this car new or used?
I am going to gues it's used and I'm further speculating the previous owner really screwed the pooch on this one.

Either way, sounds like a lemon and you need to unload it.
Old 04-14-10, 03:28 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

You need to file a complaint with Lexus USA. The dealer should give you a Lexus loaner if the car is under warranty...its standard policy and is required. In the worst case, they will rent a car for you and give you that to use. It doesn't come from their goodwill fund, but is paid by Lexus alongside the work required.

Your situation is very unique. I've only heard of somebody with a 2006 IS 350 having this issue...and they never replied back to the thread which they started. So it may take quite some time to figure out the exact problem.
Old 04-14-10, 06:57 PM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super bummer. I am sorry to hear of your fiasco. My car does some stuff like, I can't program a certain speed dial on the touchscreen. Even loading or unloading the address book or removing and re-adding the phone doesn't help. I guess maybe I should see if that particular slot is already programmed as a speed dial on my phone itself? Then, after some calls, I lose the bluetooth connection and can only get it back after re-starting the car. My sunroof one touch will not work and I can not get it programmed using the information on this site. So, a trip to the dealer will be necessary.
Old 04-14-10, 07:56 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I apologize if this has already been asked but did you buy this car new or used?
I am going to gues it's used and I'm further speculating the previous owner really screwed the pooch on this one.

Either way, sounds like a lemon and you need to unload it.
Bought it brand new, 07. Only got about 20K miles on it and barely drive it.

That morning when I had the windows go down on their own, I wasn't even driving it and didn't have the keys. I drive my wife's Jetta to work and save the GS for the weekends.

Just haven't had much luck with this car I think
Old 04-15-10, 11:11 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That morning when I had the windows go down on their own, I wasn't even driving it and didn't have the keys. I drive my wife's Jetta to work and save the GS for the weekends.

Wow! Never heard of a Lexus lemon before. Get rid of it as soon as you can.
Old 04-15-10, 12:30 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trade it in or get rid of it before you get more problems with it in the future.
Old 04-15-10, 12:47 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to hear this.. hope they get it resolved somehow. it's a rare case though, i've owned 3 lexus so far, no problems that i can recall other than few rattles on my gs here n there..
Old 08-23-21, 08:01 AM
CaptRatty
Driver School Candidate

I know its an old thread, but did you ever get to find out what the problem was and any fix for it?