GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone Done This Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 10:01 AM
Nash
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Done This Setup?

Has anyone done the Tein H Techs with 22's setup. Im curious of to see what this setup looks like and rides like. Post pics if you have any and opinions please!
Old 01-30-08, 10:23 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

22's don't belong on the GS, too many problems.

But be my guest, post pics when your done.
Old 01-30-08, 11:46 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed, 20's are fine
Old 01-30-08, 04:43 PM
akim47
Driver

22's on a GS? maybe you should check out http://www.hiphopcars.com/index25.html instead. you'll find better guidance there
Old 01-30-08, 05:15 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by akim47
22's on a GS? maybe you should check out http://www.hiphopcars.com/index25.html instead. you'll find better guidance there

LMAO! your posts are literally making me laugh !

Old 01-30-08, 05:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nash
Has anyone done the Tein H Techs with 22's setup. Im curious of to see what this setup looks like and rides like. Post pics if you have any and opinions please!
To each his own . I have personally thoght about the 22 ich setup with the tein h techs. Dont listen to the other guys do your own thing. In a mag this month called heavy hitters there is a white gs300 with 22 inch wheels a drop and a body kit. I would agree that the 20's are hard enough to get right, but where there is a will there is a way. Thats why the car is in a mag, bec its unique and special. I think in the article they said that the rear fenders had the lips cut off anf the front was rolled. also the bumper clips had to be modified, But now that GS is the hardestcore GS I have ever seen. That car is also on you tube if you want to see video. I think the car was done at D2 in LA. I would strongly advise to order a body kit, and take your car to a wheels specialty place, not discount tire. you also might want to consult with local body shops to check the cost of fender mods and body kit install. Im not syaing you absolutely need the body kit, but it will help with the lift from the big twinkies

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-02-08 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-30-08, 08:30 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

21s is where its at. forget 22s, if your going to spend $$$ for a set of 22s, might as well go with 21s and be ORIGINAL.
Old 01-31-08, 04:49 AM
Nash
Pole Position

Thanks I8ABMR, im like you: to each his own and everyone has different styles and opinions. I know what white lexus your talking about and i agree the best lexus ive seen. Even the silver gs on the mod thread on pg 6 i think with 22's looks great and it dosen't have a kit. But thanks for the opinions guys! Holla
Old 01-31-08, 07:30 PM
wikidbwoy
Pole Position

i just finish putting some gfg's on my car with coilovers. It was a pain i cut the sh#t out of the rear fenders and took out the front wheel plastics and rolled front fenders. I could have lifted the car but i wanted to do it the hard way.
Old 02-01-08, 06:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah Im realizing getting a set of wheels on these cars can be a pain in the ***, especially if you push the envelope with large sizes and / or aggressive offsets. I would agree that the 21's would be easier. I was always under the impression that you dont usually want to go more than 3 inches over stock generally. The 21 inch wheels will keep you there, but damn the twinkies look hardcore. I agree it will look good with no body kit. I just ordered a set of new 20's and thought for 2 days aftyer I orederd the wheels to call and cancel and do the 22's. I ended up doing the dubs to keep it simple,. I have already ordered 2 sets of wheels since september and sent both sets back to discount tire, and man am I tired of it. Jon Jarasa's Gs300 with the 22's was in traction mag, and it was on 20's heavy hitters magazine. check it out , they have the mags at local barnes and nobles or even the supermarket.The pics are great inspiration. If done right the 22's will look insane and make the car even more unique. If you have the patience and resources go for it man. On my g35 I went with 2 sets of 19's, then finally switched to 20's and I could not believe the difference 1 inch made. All Im saying is go all the way the first time so you dont end up pissing money away on new wheels later

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-01-08 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 10:08 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont forget to get spinners to..the reverse kind
Old 02-02-08, 02:12 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Yeah Im realizing getting a set of wheels on these cars can be a pain in the ***, especially if you push the envelope with large sizes and / or aggressive offsets. I would agree that the 21's would be easier. I was always under the impression that you dont usually want to go more than 3 inches over stock generally. The 21 inch wheels will keep you there, but damn the twinkies look hardcore. I agree it will look good with no body kit. I just ordered a set of new 20's and thought for 2 days aftyer I orederd the wheels to call and cancel and do the 22's. I ended up doing the dubs to keep it simple,. I have already ordered 2 sets of wheels since september and sent both sets back to discount tire, and man am I tired of it. Jon Jarasa's Gs300 with the 22's was in traction mag, and it was on 20's heavy hitters magazine. check it out , they have the mags at local barnes and nobles or even the supermarket.The pics are great inspiration. If done right the 22's will look insane and make the car even more unique. If you have the patience and resources go for it man. On my g35 I went with 2 sets of 19's, then finally switched to 20's and I could not believe the difference 1 inch made. All Im saying is go all the way the first time so you dont end up pissing money away on new wheels later
22's with a drop theres no way did you watch that video closely? he couldnt even cut the wheel. if its a show car i would but a daily no way.
Old 02-02-08, 02:13 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by whlkev
LMAO! your posts are literally making me laugh !

the funny thing is they think that looks good
Old 02-02-08, 08:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by phillygs3
the funny thing is they think that looks good
we are talking about 22's on a GS not some freakish DONK car and definetly not some car with spinners. I think the white GS300 with the body kit and the 22's is the best looking lexus I have ever seen. Why did we all do 20's instead of 19's? Its bec we wanted to push it a little, and go with the larger set up for cosmetics. Thats what tuning is about. PUSHING the envelope and exspressing yourself by personalizing your car. Thats why that GS on 22's can get a full article spread in 2 magazines in 1 month and our cars sit on lexus forums. WE are all doing the standard set up. He wants to go for the extra. Thats what 20's were back in the day. Again to each his own
Old 02-03-08, 05:40 AM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
we are talking about 22's on a GS not some freakish DONK car and definetly not some car with spinners. I think the white GS300 with the body kit and the 22's is the best looking lexus I have ever seen. Why did we all do 20's instead of 19's? Its bec we wanted to push it a little, and go with the larger set up for cosmetics. Thats what tuning is about. PUSHING the envelope and exspressing yourself by personalizing your car. Thats why that GS on 22's can get a full article spread in 2 magazines in 1 month and our cars sit on lexus forums. WE are all doing the standard set up. He wants to go for the extra. Thats what 20's were back in the day. Again to each his own
I think the biggest i would go is 21. my friend has 22's on his gs and has nothing but problems. You cant have nobody in the car , it rubs like a mother even with the fenders cut, his front end prematurely failed. i think there just to heavy for the car. and his car wasnt even lowered. our cars are not built for 22's. if you want to do it go ahead nobody is stopping you. just don't say we didn't warn ya. And as far as the article spread im sure it wasnt because of the 22's did you see what he has done to that car theres alot more goin on besides the wheels. and like i said before watch how he cant even cut his wheel what do you say to the other 10 cars behind you at an intersection when you have to back up three times to turn a corner
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yRUyDF-pFE

Last edited by phillygs3; 02-03-08 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Done This Setup?