GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

It's Back!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 07:10 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default It's Back!

We finally got our GS300 back today. If you all remember, I reported that my wife wrecked the car. That was on 8/15/06. The work was actually done last Friday but JMLexus body shop wouldn't release the car because the insurance company owed more money. Not the insurance company fault, the rep taking care of us at JM is what I'd call a female jerk. First, she wouldn't authorize beginning the work until they had all the money approved up front. The insurance guy has other cases. He couldn't run out there everyday. They should have started the work, see what else was needed, then call the insurance guy. When the insurance guy showed up, they wouldn't give him the correct price. They always wanted more. I yelled and yelled so they started the work. Plus I asked my salesguy to help get things going. The car sat there 4 weeks not being repaired. Once work began it took only one week. Then they wanted more money. The guy came. Then they wanted more money. Everything was finally settled today after run arounds and lies from the JM rep. I sat with her when two calls came in. One a lady who was asking about her car. The rep talked about her like a dog. Then it happened again. A guy named Justin with an IS350 with black wheels called about his car. Again this rep complained that he was bugging her about her car. I told her we customers have the right to ask about our car. We feel bad we have an accident and we want our car repaired. I told her I have received mostly good service from the dealer and expect the same from the body shop. I couldn't believe this womans attitude about the customers. All tolled, $13,500 repair bill. The car looks good but somehow, it doesn't feel the same. For some reason, the upload system is not letting me load pics. I emailed a couple to my job. Maybe I can get it working tomorrow.

JMLexus also has my G35 I wrecked. A different rep is taking care of it. He already has all the needed money. He has called of his own volition twice to give me reports. He has given me a target date without my even asking. Big difference.

Anyway, I'm happy to get the GS back. My wife is so happy she jumped in the air. First time she did that.
Old 09-28-06, 07:36 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats...i Got Mine From Jm Lexus Too...good To Know That The Body Shop Has Sucj Bad Service...now I Know Not To Bring My Work There.

The Sales Force Is Great Though...buying Was A Good Experience.
Old 09-28-06, 08:43 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it back, keep us posted on how it feels after driving it a little more.
Old 09-29-06, 03:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

ok 2 things:

1. Damn that sucks JM was so lame, but I'm glad you got the car back

2. DAMN YOU CRASHED THE G TOO??!!

Sorry to hear that bro, good luck with everything
Old 09-29-06, 05:16 PM
leestoy
Driver

Hey reggiek if you don't mind... who was the female over at jm...I was having an issue with them too and spoke to the manager and she was giving the same responses... just wanna see if it's the same...You figure your taking in your $40-50k car for repair they would fix it like a $40-50k car and not give you an attitude about it. Considering we are the ones keeping them in business!!!.. just another disapointed jm lexus customer.... #1 in the world ..sure isn't for their body shop.....!!!!
Old 09-29-06, 05:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
ok 2 things:

1. Damn that sucks JM was so lame, but I'm glad you got the car back

2. DAMN YOU CRASHED THE G TOO??!!

Sorry to hear that bro, good luck with everything
Yes, crashed em both. My wife crashed the GS in Aug, I crashed the G35 a month later. I was so depressed I was beside myself. Since no one got hurt, I acted like a baby. I am over it, they're just cars after all. The target date for the G35's return is 10/11. Right around the corner. Hopefully, even sooner.

JMLexus management is going to hear from me about that bodyshop rep. I can't let it pass. We Lexus owners deserve better. We pay a premium price for premium service.
Old 09-29-06, 07:54 PM
trent
Advanced

Glad you got the GS back, sucks that it sat for 4 weeks without anyone working on it.
Old 09-30-06, 04:45 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by leestoy
Hey reggiek if you don't mind... who was the female over at jm...I was having an issue with them too and spoke to the manager and she was giving the same responses... just wanna see if it's the same...You figure your taking in your $40-50k car for repair they would fix it like a $40-50k car and not give you an attitude about it. Considering we are the ones keeping them in business!!!.. just another disapointed jm lexus customer.... #1 in the world ..sure isn't for their body shop.....!!!!
Her name is Leah.

It's been really nice having the car back. I almost forgot what a sweet car it is. It has more pep than I thought. I never really hit it before. I'm missing the G35 and I hit the pedal on the GS last nite and it goes pretty good. Not like the G35 but certainly has good pep. It turns heads too. Especially with my pretty wife in the car.

I'm too lazy to read the book. Can anyone tell me how to lower the headrests?
Old 09-30-06, 07:20 AM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Hey reggiek,

I've currently got an 05 G35x that I'm considering trading either for the new ES350 or a slightly used 06 GS300. I realize the ES and GS are totally different cars (one sport one not), but I'm torn none-the-less. I love the sporty drive of my G35 but would also like something more luxurious that holds the road better when I take on passengers (the G35 suspension seems to go soft fast with 4 adult passengers inside). Have you had any experience with the ES350, and if so, what's your assessment between the two cars (the ES350 and the GS300). Also interested in your opinions between the G35 and the GS300? I realize they're not in the same class, but since you own both cars, what do you like/dislike about each of them?

Anyone else with similar experiences feel free to chime in. Thanks
Old 09-30-06, 08:16 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reggiek
I am over it, they're just cars after all.
You know what man, you are right, at the end of the day they are just cars and its important to remind yourself of that. Both cars could have been involved in FATAL accidents!!!

Once again good luck with everything.
Old 09-30-06, 01:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sbrown02
Hey reggiek,

I've currently got an 05 G35x that I'm considering trading either for the new ES350 or a slightly used 06 GS300. I realize the ES and GS are totally different cars (one sport one not), but I'm torn none-the-less. I love the sporty drive of my G35 but would also like something more luxurious that holds the road better when I take on passengers (the G35 suspension seems to go soft fast with 4 adult passengers inside). Have you had any experience with the ES350, and if so, what's your assessment between the two cars (the ES350 and the GS300). Also interested in your opinions between the G35 and the GS300? I realize they're not in the same class, but since you own both cars, what do you like/dislike about each of them?

Anyone else with similar experiences feel free to chime in. Thanks
First, the ES350. I happen to really like it. It looks really nice and the interior is all Lexus. It has good power, I believe it's 270 hp. I found it to be an improvement over the ES300 we had and I consider it a proper Lexus. The ride is a bit floaty but not so much a nice set of 19's won't cure, or at least improve. My only reservation is it's front wheel drive. But I could still drive it.

The GS300 is a sweet car. A little more sporty but that's probably because of the performance type tires it comes with. It has 245 hp so it does have plenty of pep. I'd say the advantages over the ES are it's more stylish exterior and rear wheel drive. You feel more confident, more in control with rear wheel drive. No big advantage over the ES with the interior, just slightly.

The G35 is a far different car from the other 2. Not appropriate to compare. It's 280 hp come on quick. The car is more quick than it is fast. You can't help but mash it. The car wants to go fast. It doesn't feel right going slow too long. The seats are sport oriented and they hold you in place. The steering is tight, slightest turn alters your path. The suspension could be better but this is a luxury sport car and it matches that description perfectly. A luxury sport car is what it is. The interior is nothing to write home about but not as bad as some people say....at least not my 06 model. I admit the 04 model I last drove was worse inside. Infiniti's are known for their engine. The thing is nice. The exhaust note is music to my ears. Not muscle car roar but throaty and sweet. I love it. I love the GS too.

I've been driving the GS a lot since getting it back Thursday. I feel big and bold in it. In the G35, I feel upbeat and fast. I say you need both, for every mood and ocassion.
Old 09-30-06, 04:31 PM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Reggiek - Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. Very helpful. If I could afford to keep both cars and could get Infiniti to fix my squeaking brakes (ridiculous my 05 car with only 13K miles on it has squeaking brakes) I'd keep it.

Thanks
Old 10-05-06, 05:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SGT
Glad you got it back, keep us posted on how it feels after driving it a little more.
It's been a week today since we got it back. I've driven it everyday and have noticed it starts to vibrate with the AC on after extensive driving. It starts out smooth and creamy as usual and stays that way for normal driving. After a lot of driving, it vibrates at idle...at traffic lights and in park. Turn the air off and no vibration. ANyone have that happen. Hoping there are some clues here because you kow how dealership mechanics are, if they can't immediately duplicate it, it will take several visits to the shop to catch it. It's better if I give them something to start with.
Other than that, the car is a joy to drive and own. It does make me miss the G35 more. I've learned that I prefer a sport oriented ride. The SC300 has the sport suspension but not enopugh power to complete the sport driving experience. I'm happy to have the GS back though.