GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AUX input on GS??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 09:28 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX input on GS??

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ANGRY!!!!!!

The new IS is coming out next month with standar aux input.

I just purchased a 2006 GS430....WHY couldnt Lexus put an AUX input in it also??? Bastids!!!!!

The AUX input piece cost less than 5 bucks at radio shack. Purchased in volume from manufacturer would prolly make these things cost 50 cents a pop. I bought a 60 grand car and they couldnt include this?? I am soooooooooooooo disappointed in Lexus for this. They KNOW everyones using some kind of mp3 player these days. I really wonder what was the reason to NOT include an aux input in the 06 GS...or did some dummy there forget??

Dont get me wrong. I love the car. I will be a repeat customer with Lexus (maybe) because overall I feel they give me the best bang for MY buck. I love the build, quality, finish, etc....but this one little aux input would have made it the PERFECT car for me. I live in NYC so those FM transmitters suck here....nothing but static. Tape adapters (what i have to live with) are retarded and sound quality from them sucks. I dont want any aftermarket stuff installed by anyone in my ride.

Life IS tough.
Old 09-23-05, 09:25 AM
gs430jw
Pole Position

My 2 cents is the Lexus IS is more of a kids car, hint the Ipod. Where as the GS is more professional/older crowd. I know a lot of people of all ages have an IPO’s, just my thoughts
Old 09-23-05, 10:13 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
I Life IS tough.
Along with the aux input, the new IS350 will also be faster and have a higher resolution nav display

Oh well, we just have to assume that each successive year will bring new models with better features and options. I used to want to purchase and keep my cars for five to seven years. Now it seems a "new" car can be outdated in about a year

Either way, I love my current GS, but am looking to changing to the GS460, GS450H, or the '07 LS in a few years.
Old 09-23-05, 10:45 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AUX input piece cost less than 5 bucks at radio shack. Purchased in volume from manufacturer would prolly make these things cost 50 cents a pop.
yeah, i feel your pain. i had a 3000GT in the mid-90's that had a factory equalizer and AUX input. i thought it was the coolest thing back then, way ahead of its time for cars in its class. many cars didn't have CD players then, so it was great to plug in my CD player thru the input rather than use the tape cassette thing.

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Now it seems a "new" car can be outdated in about a year
i agree - this is why i just keep leasing. me too, i am likely to get the new 460 GS or LS once the lease is up. i always find myself wanting to trade in every couple years, having a lease is nice b/c you look forward to getting the latest and greatest.
Old 09-23-05, 01:11 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Is it THAT difficult to hook up an external device via a cassette adapter? They sound fine. I spent $80 getting a PIE adapter for my '04 Sequoia's stereo because I thought my XM Roady would sound better through it instead of the cassette adapter. After extensive listening, I got a refund on the PIE and went back to the freebie adapter I've also compared the audio of a Roady via a cassette adapter in my GS300 vs. the OEM XM receiver. The OeM receiver sounds better by the tiniest margin ... heck, it's probably psychological since I didn't do a double-blind test.
Old 09-23-05, 01:17 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by costanza
Is it THAT difficult to hook up an external device via a cassette adapter?
Not difficult at all, but most prefer avoiding the mess created by extra wires.
Old 09-23-05, 03:15 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Not difficult at all, but most prefer avoiding the mess created by extra wires.
If a single, tiny wire is that big of a deal, adventurous types could partially diassemble the radio and run the wire out the rear of the tape deck.
Old 09-23-05, 04:28 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by costanza
Is it THAT difficult to hook up an external device via a cassette adapter? They sound fine. I spent $80 getting a PIE adapter for my '04 Sequoia's stereo because I thought my XM Roady would sound better through it instead of the cassette adapter. After extensive listening, I got a refund on the PIE and went back to the freebie adapter I've also compared the audio of a Roady via a cassette adapter in my GS300 vs. the OEM XM receiver. The OeM receiver sounds better by the tiniest margin ... heck, it's probably psychological since I didn't do a double-blind test.

Well my cassette adapter is effing up lately ...not sure if its the cassette adapt or the cassette player itself. I think its the cassette player. It keeps ejecting the cassette every 1 to 5 minutes on its own and the cassette player is very loud...it sounds like its fast forwarding all the time. When I go for my 15k service I will have them look at it.
Old 09-23-05, 06:11 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Well my cassette adapter is effing up lately ...not sure if its the cassette adapt or the cassette player itself. I think its the cassette player. It keeps ejecting the cassette every 1 to 5 minutes on its own and the cassette player is very loud...it sounds like its fast forwarding all the time. When I go for my 15k service I will have them look at it.
The stereo in the Impala (co. car) I drive on a daily basis sometimes ejects the tape adapter as well. It's the freebie that came with the Roady. Maybe someone makes a "good" one? I had a Radio Shack one in my old Sequoia. I put some heavy teflon lube on it's reels to take away the faint "scraping" noise. It always worked perfectly
Old 09-24-05, 10:31 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Err, I correct myself. It is NOT the tape player. It is the actualt Tape adapter which is the problem.

Oh and I am not very adventurous and dont want anyone taking apart my dash to install a wire.