GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

No Sirius Satellite Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 11:03 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down No Sirius Satellite Radio?

I just spoke with a sales rep and he told me no Sirius Satellite in the forseeable future. Lexus and XM are in a tight relationship right now, so he doesn't see it happening. I persisted and he said this came directly from the "Rep". I'd guess he was referring to the Lexus Rep, but who knows.

I then spoke to the dealer we purchased the car and he was not certain when pressed. But always told me it would be available.

I recall press releases about this so I thought there wasn't a question.

Last edited by looknow12; 04-01-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-01-05, 11:31 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default Here's the Press Release from Sirius

Doesn't mention the GS, but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

December 7, 2004

SIRIUS ANNOUNCES POST PRODUCTION AND DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS IN IN TOYOTA, LEXUS AND SCION VEHICLES BEGINNING FEBRUARY 2005
Toyota to Offer SIRIUS Satellite Radio in Nine Models

NEW YORK – December 7, 2004 - SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that Toyota will offer SIRIUS, as both a post production and dealer installed option, in nine models beginning in February 2005.
The Toyota models include: Camry, Solara (including Solara Convertible), Land Cruiser, Lexus LS 430, Lexus ES 330, Lexus LX 470, Scion xA, Scion xB and Scion tC. Toyota now joins the ranks of other automotive partners offering SIRIUS, including Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jeep® , Lincoln-Mercury, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Nissan, Porsche and Volkswagen, all offering SIRIUS.

“We are very excited that Toyota will be offering SIRIUS as both a post production and dealer installed option in their quality vehicle lineup,” said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS. “It goes without saying that Toyota is one of the most successful premier auto manufacturers in the world, offering vehicles of exceptional reliability and performance. We believe that SIRIUS, and its premium programming, will complement Toyota’s well-earned reputation, and will add to its ability to offer customers even more of an enhanced driving experience.”

Roger Penske, Chairman and Chief Executive of United Auto Group, the second largest publicly-traded automotive retailer in the U.S., said: "This is terrific news for our many Toyota customers. At our Toyota and Lexus dealerships throughout the country, we are focused on giving customers the very best in service and premium content as a part of our partnership with SIRIUS Satellite Radio."

Greg Penske, President of Penske Automotive Group, owner of the largest Toyota dealership in the United States, said “Toyota’s announcement today is great news for both SIRIUS and Toyota customers. Penske Automotive Group and SIRIUS are 100% committed to making SIRIUS the satellite radio provider of choice for Toyota customers throughout the country.”

The Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) will be $299, not including installation labor costs for dealer installed vehicles. Toyota, Lexus and Scion will also use the all-new SIRIUS Interior Glass Mounted Antenna (SIGMA) on nearly all vehicles, which will provide the most integrated antenna installation solution available in the industry to date.
Old 04-01-05, 11:40 AM
Traturn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are live part numbers and limited availability for Sirius for several models, but no information. Looks like PTS19-00050 is the reciever and there is an instalation package for various models.... ES/LS/LX look like there are install kits, but no '06 GS.

will keep an eye open for '06 GS install kit
Old 04-01-05, 01:23 PM
als
Driver School Candidate

I have the XM module in my 2006 GS, when I got it the dealer couldn't figure out whether XM or Sirius was available so I wouldn'tput much stock in what many dealers "know". One thing that is intertesting is the GS user manual many pages are specifically dedicated to XM operation with no mention of Sirius.
Old 04-02-05, 06:47 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by als
I have the XM module in my 2006 GS, when I got it the dealer couldn't figure out whether XM or Sirius was available so I wouldn'tput much stock in what many dealers "know". One thing that is intertesting is the GS user manual many pages are specifically dedicated to XM operation with no mention of Sirius.
Yes, this is because the Sirius announcement came out much later than the XM. It probably didn't make it to the manual.
Old 04-06-05, 08:23 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sirius Satellite a little later

Sirius Satellite is supposed to be released later this year in the summer according to one dealer I spoke to. The vehicle kit is supposed to be enhanced with the latest technology antenna.
Old 04-06-05, 09:11 AM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by looknow12
Sirius Satellite is supposed to be released later this year in the summer according to one dealer I spoke to. The vehicle kit is supposed to be enhanced with the latest technology antenna.
I hope so.....
When I get mine(GS), I will be doing the Sirius version (as long as it is available).
I am crossing my fingers....
Old 04-07-05, 07:28 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Our Lexus Rep said Summer for Sirius on GS

There is no reason why Lexus would not put the Sirius tuner in however the car just came out and there is a delay in having the install kit and proper testing of the interface. I heard that there may be two antennas coming with the Sirius. We have Port Installed Option Codes for the ES, LS and LX. The GS installs are typically easier so as soon as they have a working installation then we'll start to see it become available. I have an LS owner who lives in DC but wants to listen to the Cleveland Browns when he is driving and Sirius has the NFL. XM has Major League Baseball. XM just increased their monthly subscription to 12.95. Did I mention Howard Stern? Ha Ha Ha.......Sirius coming this Summer.
Old 04-07-05, 10:15 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SIRIUS is producing an antenna that gets mounted on the inside of the front windshield up by the rear view mirror. This could be the reason with the delay, but who really knows. All I know is at the end of the year when I pick mine up, SIRIUS better be an option. I will never have XM again. I think the service sucks, and now that they are the same price, SIRIUS kills XM with content.
Old 04-08-05, 07:12 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, I believe Sirius is better too, by far. With the content programming & the signal strength improvements over XM it is a winner.
Old 04-20-05, 05:59 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

I am so serious about Sirius. I WANT HOWARD STERN !!!!