GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got the Lexus Back, RIMS TIRES and LOWERED

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-16, 02:42 PM
mizike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the Lexus Back, RIMS TIRES and LOWERED

So I got it back today, still need to TINT it, install my sound system, but I did get the 20 inch NICHE rims, Tires, and BC racing coilovers lowered the ride and I am pretty damn impressed. Just day 1 but the ride is SOOO much better and looks much sportier just doing those two things. Yea I know you all said entry level, but hopefully it will LAST for me, with the car only have 64k on it, I PRAY its a good investment. I also got my AC RECHARGED and they replaced my front DOOR actuators. So all my locks work, AC is Ice Cold, Love the look of the RIMS, the RIDE is much nicer and sportier, already had the 200 amp alternator installed, so ready for the next steps. I definitely paid more than I wanted to but since I cant do it myself, Chris at ELite Importz seems to have done a great job, just PRICEY. Here are some pics so far, and the inside I REALLY LOVE, its leather, all wood trim and in SICK shape, hopefully the entry level just holds for me and I can finish the looks on the car. Thinking different brakes, Touch up the paint or paint it. Spoiler MAYBE. TINT defintely and I think thats it. My wife is in the car, she is scared of my Saab lol

Last edited by mizike; 08-06-16 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-06-16, 03:08 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

looks amazingl! congrats.
great choices.
enjoy.

(my 2 cents: some clear side markers would be a nice touch with that gray)

Old 08-06-16, 03:19 PM
mizike
Rookie

Thanks. Yeah I was going to do the TINT first. Then my sound system as they are must haves for me lol. Then change the front headlights. So your saying the one little Yellow light, I assume that is a turn signal? That is low and in front or my Tire? Yeah that sticks out, so I can get a clear one for that, and clear LIGHT? Or is it still a yellow turn signal? Or not a turn signal at all lol, I havent looked at it to see when it is on. Looks to be a turn signal, so like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/172199897814?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=172199897814&rmvSB=true ?
Old 08-06-16, 03:33 PM
liazon
Advanced

those exactly

they aren't turn signals, just side markers (lights)

15 min to install

Last edited by liazon; 08-06-16 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-06-16, 03:43 PM
mizike
Rookie

Ok Perfect yeah of course as soon as you POINTED IT OUT LOL. it does throw the clean look of the side of the car off. I want to change the head lights, well actually the running lights, there yellowish, hate that, but pretty sure its just a bulb. So going to order those now and the side clear markers, it said it has a chrome silver bulb so there is no aspect of Light from it? Just reflect light? Thanks
Old 08-06-16, 04:05 PM
liazon
Advanced

the chrome bulb appears clear during the day as it reflects light but it still lights up orange at night (the color dictated by a traffic law in some states)

just fyi,

daytime running lamps (lights) are the 2 small head lamps located between the main head lamps.
fog lamps are located at the bottom of your front bumper cover, one each side, and on some models, yours and mine included, have a yellow glass reflector built into the lamp. even though the light bulb is clear, the reflected light appears yellow.
(there are DIY threads here on Club Lexus where members have shown how the yellow reflector can be easily broken and removed resulting in the 'clear' look you want. just do some searching if you want to save a few bucks.)

one note: it's easy to remove/install the side markers through the fog lamp openings, so whichever route you take, do them at the same time.

both are very small details only you will notice. you already have a great looking ride.

Last edited by liazon; 08-06-16 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-06-16, 05:16 PM
mizike
Rookie

Default Yea

Ok got ya. I just tested they come on with the fog lights and running lights but do not blink. I will change the fog and running light's and that side marker to clearrive. Thanks good to know. I will look for the diy thread for the fog lights. Thanks. I do like the color overall and the look inside and outside and I drove it around today r3ally like the feel aND handling now. Huge difference.
Old 08-07-16, 09:38 AM
mizike
Rookie

Default Ok

Ok so I looked last night. My fog lights are white not yellow so that is a plus. My driving lights are the yellow amber type of color that I don't like. The yellow side markers light up if I have my fog lights on but they do not blink light up yellow if the fog lights are off. So it looks like I can change that to clear without any issues and just change my driving light bulbs to get them white. I think I will need a brake booster soon that was a the only code left being thrown intermittently so hopefully I am close to home free. Lol
Old 08-08-16, 12:35 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good!

The wheels and drop complement your car quite nicely
Old 08-08-16, 03:50 PM
mizike
Rookie

THANKS. I love it so far. I am getting it TINTED right now, then tomorrow my stereo system goes in it. Have to change the yellow reflector to clear and its getting the paint refurbished right now after the tint to get any scratches out and get the showroom shine back. We shall see.
Old 08-08-16, 06:43 PM
firelizard
Forum Moderator

Received 460 Likes on 364 Posts

Yeah, that turned out well. Looks like the car was pretty darn clean to start with too.
Old 08-08-16, 07:25 PM
mizike
Rookie

Thanks, yeah it was. 1 OWNER, older guy, only 64k miles on it, didnt drive it much, back seat never sat in, passenger seat never sat in, Leather, wood trim all interior PERFECT but outside has some hail damage that I CANT get rid of too expensive, but overall looks good. People are telling me to paint it darker to make the RIMS pop more but I think it looks just right, once the graphite pearl is reconditioned it should look sick and the tint. Will post pics after its done this week.
Old 08-08-16, 11:47 PM
nelson09
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mizike
Thanks. Yeah I was going to do the TINT first. Then my sound system as they are must haves for me lol. Then change the front headlights. So your saying the one little Yellow light, I assume that is a turn signal? That is low and in front or my Tire? Yeah that sticks out, so I can get a clear one for that, and clear LIGHT? Or is it still a yellow turn signal? Or not a turn signal at all lol, I havent looked at it to see when it is on. Looks to be a turn signal, so like this Depo 98 04 Lexus GS300 GS400 GS430 Clear Side Marker Light Chrome Silver Bulb | eBay ?
congrats on the pick up! Beautiful color combo.
Have you considered the smoked side markers?
Anyhow, don't forget to replace those LBJ!!!
Old 08-09-16, 12:14 AM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good. That interior looks brand new. Not even a mark on the steering wheel. Look after it!
Old 08-09-16, 10:12 AM
maverick77
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!!!! That's a perfect look. Clean and flush....

Hey out of curiosity, what's the specs on the Tires and Rims that you got? and how many inches did you lower it. I'm just in the process of what you just did to your car.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Got the Lexus Back, RIMS TIRES and LOWERED