GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 07:22 PM
ryler2002
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2000 GS with 60k miles. what yall think?

Halo light kit with smoked led lights Plasti dipped gtill

Deck lip and window spoiler. Black plssti dip emblems

20" off set wheels

Secret weapon intake

Megan m1 exaust
Old 11-20-15, 11:56 PM
Tc737
Driver School Candidate

Default New member from Sweden

Hello guys and girls!

I would like to introduce myself because I am about to probably ask some stupid questions about my "new car/project". I have already used loads of knowledge from here when it comes to diy timing belt and much more. Hopefully I may be able to contribute in the future.

My car is a Lexus gs 300 1999 in some beige metallic (havent understand which color code it actually is yet. I have just bought it from my boss old man which is due to illness not able to drive car anymore. It has 157000 km (about 97500 miles I would guess) on it. The last year the old guy havent really taken care of it. As it is now I have changed brake pads, rotors and both belts. Tomorrow it is crankshaft ventilation lookup. Next step is a total recond of the interior and exterior. That will mean repaint spoilers, new fog lights and reinstall extra lights in the front spoiler that he had broken. Overall a project. Further on I will install backup camera on the stock navi (plz god let me find that thread where a guy soldered directly to the head unit.), pdc sensors, aux and Bluetooth and hopefully a lot more but to keep the stock look.

Myself I am a salesman of mobile homes, have wife and a kid. Im 33yo and loves besides family and car to fly fish.

And again. Thanks for a great community

Patrick
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_20151002_141352.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_20151002_141403.jpg  
Old 11-21-15, 01:25 PM
Shottabear
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miami-SC
Welcome bro! Where in soflo? Any mods?
No mods yes, looking for wheels for now and a change of Suspension. Need help with what fittment would work. trying to get work Meisters s1 3p in 18's and go from there to engine work. I live in Pines
Old 11-23-15, 08:19 AM
Guido2325
Driver School Candidate

Default dropped and added some wheels thoughts please

Been having my Lexus for about four years now bout this is the year I've actually came to doing things to it, it's a 98 gs400 120k
With a front lip
18x9 18x10 offset toms racing wheels
hid fogs
Halogen headlights

Old 11-23-15, 09:13 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shottabear
No mods yes, looking for wheels for now and a change of Suspension. Need help with what fittment would work. trying to get work Meisters s1 3p in 18's and go from there to engine work. I live in Pines
Depends on what look you're going for.....I'm running 19's and my fenders are rolled/pulled, for a street look and I'm running Tein CS. Who did your swap? Stock? Any issues?
Old 11-27-15, 01:48 PM
tbs08
Driver School Candidate

Default Gx 460

New owner
Gx 460
Ultra premium
Knights armor pearl
Black leather
Navi
Mark levinson
Entertainment package/rear Dvd
Tow package
Chrome rims
Led upgrades
15%tint all around
20% entire front windshield

I'll post pics soon

Previous owner of es350
Old 12-01-15, 07:30 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 377 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by tbs08
New owner
Gx 460
Ultra premium
Knights armor pearl
Black leather
Navi
Mark levinson
Entertainment package/rear Dvd
Tow package
Chrome rims
Led upgrades
15%tint all around
20% entire front windshield

I'll post pics soon

Previous owner of es350
You may yield better results in this section.
Old 12-01-15, 11:33 AM
Texaslexs
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi I am new to this Forum 99 Gs300

Hello, I am new to this forum, I have a 1999 GS 300

Exterior is black
black interior
I think it has the sport package ??IDK, it has a spoiler

I am trying to learn more about this car and it's brand and hope to meet some cool, knowledgeable people on this forum.
Old 12-05-15, 04:24 PM
GSLexInTEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all. Just getting back on the forums after a short break. Just picked up a 2000 Lexus GS 400 Platinum edition. I've just lowered it and have ordered quite a few parts for it. Just wanted to say hi.

Old 12-07-15, 04:24 PM
bnk
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys no pics but its a black 98 GS 400. I bought it on craigslist for $6000 cash almost 4 years ago. I think I bought it from some Turks that needed to leave the country ASAP for some reason.

Anyway

I think I did good on that transaction for the bluebook put the price around 9-10K.

Than it had about 125K miles on it. It now has 195K miles on it. I have never had any problems with the powertrain and love the power of this car. I used to own 3 BMW 3 series cars before brand new. Now I only and will only buy used lexu 2nd Generation GS 400 cars if mine ever goes down. I plan to drive it to 250K miles if it will let me.

I only put premium gas in it and I would expect that most would say keep doing it. I wouldn't mind a link to why it is needed.

Any hoo. Here are my only problems. I no longer have anti lock breaks working and quite frankly I don't care. I know how to drive without them even in snow.

Also I have to recharge my Freon in the summer, only needs one shot from the can to get me though the whole summer.

My new biggest problem is that my nakamichi HC system got fried when my cola got spilt into it.

It went dark and looked dead nothing could turn it back on, than a few days later I got the lights to work but I still cant start the radio.

I think I need a new HC. I haven't checked the fuses yet. Anyone think that this can be repaired or is a aftermarket nakamichi head case needed in this case?

BTW when I bought it I never had the LCD display bright enough to see but I easily found my channels on my own and programed them.

Thanks you guys

Can't wait for your responses

Greetings From Chicagoland.

bnk
Old 12-08-15, 09:08 AM
A1GS3
Driver School Candidate

Cool My Off-White 2004 Lexus GS300. Wish it was a 430 tho

I got this car about a year ago with 150k miles on it and I think it was a Steal! The owner was a Lexus Master Mechanic at the dealership so it was pretty well taken care of. The car holds up well compared to newer cars without a problem. Only problem it had was the vsc on/off light was on but that was due to a loose wire connecting to the 02 sensor. The car was completely stock when I brought it but I think I got it the way I want it to look now. I isn't want to put too much money into the car but it's as clean as any GS you'll find. The interior is still pretty much like new.

I added a in dash navigation. 2 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk. Newer GS Rims plastic dipped black so it has that clean but dirty look going on at the same time depending if you're really looking at it. I dipped the upper and lower front grill black and dipped the emblems black as well. I also through in some HID's too.
Let me know what you guys think. 🤔
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpeg  

Last edited by A1GS3; 12-08-15 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 10:26 AM
mstritt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member in Texas

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to ClubLexus.com.

Car - 2005 GS430
Miles - 167,000
Color - Beige metallic

Bought the car September 30, 2015 with 166,000 miles on it from a local dealer. Was reluctant to buy a car with such high miles but after doing research on the car and finding out it was well maintained, I decided to risk it. They did provide me with a 6 month warranty on all lubricated parts such as engine, tranny, rear end so that's something.
In talking with the dealer, they believe the engine will go 250k or more. The timing belt was changed and at one point the car was certified by the dealer.
The car is stock and I bought a HPS cold air intake which has a pretty deep sound when the throttle is opened up! Also, it appears most if not all of the front suspension parts have been replaced.
It has a Mark Levinson system with Nav, but the maps need updating, and the rear woofer is shot. I did buy a repair kit for that speaker but have not yet gotten around to repairing it. If anyone has experience with repairing the sub woofer on that system, I would like to hear about it.

I look forward to participating in the forum and posting my experiences from time to time.

Mike
Old 12-10-15, 12:00 PM
GeorgeG5
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone!

I just bought a 1998 imperial jade GS300 with 143k miles. I'm from Czech Republic and also have NB Miata, KE70 and two AE86 Corollas.

Interior is beige(?) and smells, because the car stood for a year outside and some rodents found their way inside. It stood because the transmission gave up.

I got it from a guy that replaced the transmission and got a couple spare parts for it, but then decided to sell it.

I'll have a lot of annoying questions because the car's jerking while I stop at operating temps, the remote locks just the rear doors, at least one of the front right ball joints is toast and so on

It's bone stock at the moment and all I have planned for upcoming year is maintenance
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20151124_144245.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20151124_144230.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20151124_143516.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20151124_144208.jpg  
Old 12-11-15, 01:09 PM
NJGS430
Driver School Candidate

Default New 2001 GS430 Owner

Bought this one last month, 2001, 61,000 miles. Gold with beige interior. All stock. Incredible power compared to my former ES300 & ES330.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_1170.jpg  
Old 12-13-15, 05:16 AM
RicemanYee
Driver School Candidate

Hello!

My name is Jarrett and I just purchased my first Lexus, a 2003 GS 300! It has a black exterior with black leather guts. It has just under 150k and runs great. It has the Sport Design package too! I work for a used car dealership and a perk we have as employees is first dibs on cars going to auction, so we get cars at wholesale plus processing fees! Picked her up for $5200! I have had her for a couple months now and have had some work done mechanically and cosmetically. Had a major tune-up, including the timing belt and water pump. I had both bumpers sprayed due to minimal damage and the expected wear from highway driving. I look forward to my new project and gaining some insight and info from this forum!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE