GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-15, 01:05 PM
JodyV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wassup everyone...
My name is Jody and I'm new to da scene.. I have a silver 02 GS300... Currently at 186k.. Black leather interior.. No adjustments done to da body yet other then tint and headlights... Looking to add a body kit as my first major change maybe... I have 2 12's(pioneer champions) in da trunk with a 400 watt amp. Also have 20 inch menzari wheels(Black x Chrome)... Jus a few mods I'm looking to make... May sWap da grill w a is300 grill...Body Kit... Exhaust...Intake...Headlights x fog lights.. What do u guys think and what would be ya 1st mod?
Old 06-29-15, 07:36 AM
Leeswang
Driver School Candidate

hi everyone my name is lee from chino cali, just picked up a 2000 gs300 silver, pretty clean.
at the moment I am taking care of all the issues, biggest thing was the a/c but that's all taken care of now.
plans aren't to crazy for sure doing a 5 speed swap, happy to be part of a good forum....cheers !
Old 06-30-15, 12:26 AM
TXAV
Driver School Candidate

Default 99 Gs300 vip

Wassup,
Im kinda new to the Lexus forum but just wanted to introduce myself. I have a blk 99 gs300 with tan interior. Located California and a couple upgrades... Rolling on VIP Modular VX210 "20" and sitting on Phantom Cup Kit Front/Rear ..
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-10730996_1479744952309045_8745721499916839405_n.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-10346645_1409463972670477_5708374257806326467_n.jpg  
Old 07-02-15, 08:13 AM
McCloudsZJ
Rookie

Greetings from Colorado! Wanted another SC, saw this and it was too cheap to refuse. $2k later she's mine. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it.

Old 07-05-15, 07:55 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Welcome, fellas!
Old 07-11-15, 10:12 PM
thebob71
Driver School Candidate

Default Whats up from Newburgh NY

I've always wanted a GS, so while I was looking on CL I happened to find one at a great price. Now its in my driveway. Cant wait to start this project build. Its a 2001 GS300 in White.
Old 07-13-15, 08:28 AM
CustomIce
Driver School Candidate

Hi CL!

Newbie to the site, finally back in something "respectable" although Lexus suffer from a bit of badge snobbery here in the UK.
But I can't fault this car, ok so the aircon needs a re-gas but that is about it! Oh and what i suspect is heat shield rattle from near the back somewhere.
My GS300;

1. Dark Blue metallic
2. Black leather, wood and chrome.
3. SE Navigator spec
4. Navigator HU
5. 100% stock
6. 2000 car, 54,000 miles! Full Lexus service history - confirmed, 2 previous owners
7. UK member
Name:  2015-05-27%2013.30.45_zpspxyxzpuq.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  187.8 KB

As you may have guessed by my user name I've a habit of tinkering with the audio and the in car toys....
When funds allow.

Last edited by CustomIce; 07-13-15 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-15-15, 12:54 AM
Eiwiss
Driver School Candidate

Hey there, new to the forum although I've owned my 2nd gen GS300 for 4 years now. Also from Luxembourg / Europe. Car has been driven on a daily basis for 2 years and has been sitting in the garage for a while now.

My plan is to build a GS race car but I'll write more about it in a project thread. Looking forward to learn and discuss in this forum!

Cheers

Old 07-15-15, 12:26 PM
Rustygriz
Driver School Candidate

Default My, not so new 2003 GS300 SD

Sorry, I missed the forum instruction to introduce here. Picked this up last week for $5600 including a set of blizzak tires from the original owner. It has 118k miles and they had the timing belt/water pump done at 102k. The previous owner had a manila file full of the invoices for all the maint/etc they did on the car since new. It doesn't have the saddle interior, but the black is in good shape. The struts feel a little worn and probably original from what I could find. Seems to "float" a little over bumps. Also thinking about finding another set of wheels or powder coating the factory wheels black. The clear coat or some kind of clear film is peeling from the valance between the grill and the bumper on the front. Any suggestions from anyone or threads to look at would be appreciated. I commute 80 miles/day and have a 12 1/2 year old son so I wanted something that I wouldn't mind racking up the miles on. In 3 1/2 years I am hoping it will be reliable enough for him to use it as his high school car and I will step up to something a little sportier.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300side.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300front.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300engine.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300rear.jpg  
Old 07-17-15, 01:27 PM
Ditoe
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. Been lurking on this forum for a long time. I picked up my LS460 earlier this year and my GS300 a couple of months ago. Here are pictures of the GS:

Old 07-17-15, 03:17 PM
CustomIce
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rustygriz
Sorry, I missed the forum instruction to introduce here. Picked this up last week for $5600 including a set of blizzak tires from the original owner. It has 118k miles and they had the timing belt/water pump done at 102k. The previous owner had a manila file full of the invoices for all the maint/etc they did on the car since new. It doesn't have the saddle interior, but the black is in good shape. The struts feel a little worn and probably original from what I could find. Seems to "float" a little over bumps. Also thinking about finding another set of wheels or powder coating the factory wheels black. The clear coat or some kind of clear film is peeling from the valance between the grill and the bumper on the front. Any suggestions from anyone or threads to look at would be appreciated. I commute 80 miles/day and have a 12 1/2 year old son so I wanted something that I wouldn't mind racking up the miles on. In 3 1/2 years I am hoping it will be reliable enough for him to use it as his high school car and I will step up to something a little sportier.

Be careful with those Blizzak tyres. They are poor in damp conditions, I know, I totalled a celica with then on.

If it is anything other than winter conditions be careful.
Old 07-20-15, 08:24 AM
Rustygriz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CustomIce
Be careful with those Blizzak tyres. They are poor in damp conditions, I know, I totalled a celica with then on.

If it is anything other than winter conditions be careful.

Thanks for the heads up. I've had blizzaks on front wheel drive Civics before and had good luck, but other than when my truck isn't in 4WD, I haven't had a RWD car since my 94 J30 11 years ago. I got around pretty well with it in the winter, but didn't have blizzaks.
Old 07-21-15, 01:42 PM
98Gs300PRJ
Driver School Candidate

Default New Guy

Hello,

My name is Phil Mueller. From norther IL.

Drive a 1998 Lexus GS300. Red with grey leather interior.

It is bone stock, but would like to turbo the car. I have pretty decent experience with cars from swapping engines on Honda's and Nissans. worked on a few Fox bodied mustangs as well.

If I could find the time and money I would like to
Add a TH400 transmission
-Turbo
-single rear axle

The more I work on this car I see the previous owner was not so caring. So for now, I am getting her back to good working order. Bushings, steering ans suspension parts, ect.

Any and all advice would be helpful.

To my knowledge the stock transmission cannot hold that much power so I am not sure whether I would like to upgrade the trans or add a turbo first.

Thoughts???
Old 08-01-15, 03:09 PM
aj007
Driver School Candidate

Smile My new love

They say that you find love when you aren't looking for it. Well, I decided it was time to get rid of my old car and upgrade to... something. I was open to anything and had no idea what I would find when I hit the lots.

So, I found a 2001 GS430, silver, leather, wood, lightly tinted, 150K miles, near perfect condition for $6800. It was a corporate car for the 1st 8 years who put about 9K miles/year on it. I snatched that baby up and now I'm so proud

My new baby, 2001 GS 430

Love the acceleration off the line! Also love the smell of the owners manual

Mods/fixes I'm thinking about, in order of importance:
1.) Wire up an aux audio input for my Android
2.) Performance intake air filter
3.) Replace blown rear sub woofer
4.) The rear spoiler is a little wiggly and is fastened with rivets, so I'll have to jerry rig something to stabilize it so it doesn't get any worse
5.) Polish cloudy head lamp lenses
6.) Aftermarket rims, probably thin spokes, polished
7.) Chrome mesh grill
8.) Repaint for a brighter silvery color

It has light grey interior, but I added some Lexus OEM black floor mats for a handsome contrast and better to hide the dirt.

I only have one worry. I checked all the service stations listed on the CarFax report to see what's been done and there is no record of a timing belt change

Later,
aj

Last edited by aj007; 08-01-15 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added some TTD items, corrected color
Old 08-02-15, 08:38 PM
PiNoYdUdE
Driver School Candidate

Hello fellow Lexus/Toyota-Lexus enthusiasts, My name is Ben i'm a new member to this fine community. Around the middle of June I found quite the jewel I just had to make mine, a 2nd Generation (2004) Lexus GS300 with Black Leather/Walnut accents interior, HID headlights and fog lights, Beautiful interior LED illumination all around, no complaints, but unfortunately I couldn't obtain a Black Onyx exterior one, I ended up with the FAIR Millennium Silver Metallic (color code: 1C0), but 97k miles on this beauty, I WAS NOT GOING TO LOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY, but I absolutely love my car, and its beastly I6 2JZGE. I wouldnt surrender it for anything in the world, well except maybe an updated 2nd Gen(2001-2005) Black Onyx Lexus GS300 with Black Leather interior and a 6-speed manual tranny 2JZGTE .

The hopeful upgrades for this beauty:
•A Black Onyx (color code: 202) Exterior respray
complete Bolt-on Turbo Kit with a BOV (yes I plan to be a NA-T 2JZ cult member lol)
•Upgraded Sound system (touch-screen monitor head unit in center console)
•a set of 18" KÖNIG Lace rims
•Maybe coilovers idk yet, I'd have to see how she looks at stock height with those rims (had occasional screw-up with lowered rides )
•This I'm real iffy about, but I was thinking of an OEM spoiler, but i really like the low-key no spoiler look on her, but the OEM spoiler is certainly not ugly lol.
•A lip/splitter for my front bumper

Well that pretty much sums me, my lexus, and my plans up lol I'll be around my fellow enthusiasts, CHEERS!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20150802_170007.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20150802_184042.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20150802_170109.jpg  

Last edited by PiNoYdUdE; 08-02-15 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE