GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-02, 03:23 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy

Note to moderators: This post is NOT a group buy and is to simply gauge interest for the Greddy E-manage. If enough interest is shown, proper steps will be taken to make the GB official.

I’ve been considering this for a while. I was waiting until the support tool (software and CPU cable) were readily available to the general public. They ARE now! Please look at the pics below for product info or check out http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics_frame.htm.

The E-manage retails for $379. With this GB we would get the main unit for$275, Support Tool $105, ign. or inj. harness at $35 each, pressure sensor $95, pressure sensor harness at $29. Shipping would be $15.

We would need a minimum of 10 Buyers for these prices. Prices could drop with more buyers. Area 51 uses the E-manage on their SC. It will definitely work for the SC, GS, and Supras. So this GB will most likely extend to members of Suprafourms.com. I’m personally going to buy one either way but I’d love to save over $100! I spoke with a Greddy tech and it’s confirmed they will work perfectly for our cars. But as far as this GB would go, WE are responsible for figuring out how to hook it up and tune it. Most authorized Greddy dealers shouldn’t have a problem with the installation however. I simply mean we couldn’t return it because we don’t know how to do the install.

So now’s the time to show interest, ask questions, etc. I will do my best to find the answers. If all looks good the GB will start late Dec early Jan.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-softwaremanual.jpg  

Last edited by EvoTuned; 12-07-02 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-07-02, 03:24 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Product Info
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-e-manage_catlog_2.jpg  
Old 12-07-02, 04:15 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Cool toy, but IMHO only benefits forced induction cars. I can't see any use for this on a stock Lexus (or with an intake) GS. On the contrary, this seems something like the AEM for supras (although not as advanced) and it looks like it WILL require someone who really knows what they are doing (extra $). Otherwise your car may experience something to the sound of "Kabboooom." I'm not stepping on your toes, but I would like everyone to know more info on this (hence ask questions as you said) before they unintentionally do some damage. Just my 0.02.
Old 12-07-02, 05:37 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only works on cars up to 6 cylinders, right?
Old 12-07-02, 06:24 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Unfortunately most places to get tech answers are closed today. Below is an EARLY list of the cars Greddy tested when the e-manage was originally released. I’m still looking into it but here’s the info I have so far. When I called Greddy a couple weeks back the tech said it would definitely work for the 2jz-ge. He said it should work for the entire Lexus line but other models have not been officially tested. The fuel control should work fine just like the Apexi s-afc. By using the methods in the manual or by professional installation, you should be able to use all of its features. On Monday, I will make some calls and see if I can get a definite answer.
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-e-manage_engines.jpg  
Old 12-08-02, 04:23 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

I think you would definitely want the optional ignition timing harness. Find out if/what additional software is required for this. There is only so much you can do with adjusting the air/fuel, and the rest is ignition timing.

It will definitely require a good shop, with a dyno, to tune it. As others have stated, it is best used in forced induction cars. Your peformance in a NA car would be similar to other piggybacks, i.e SRT, etc.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-02, 07:21 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

emanage....does it work on 3uz-fe??? i never heard about them being used on 3uz-fe....someone clearify this?
Old 12-11-02, 02:30 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the new Group Buy Revised Policy, this group buy/interest is still in effect. Thanks.
Old 12-11-02, 04:36 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some questions, please excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge. What is a 16x16 Air Flow and Ign Time Map, not sure I understand how it works. I have a GS3, will I see any noticable gains? My car is basically stock so is this mod really necessary for me to look into buying. Thanks.
Old 12-11-02, 06:20 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

I have made a ton of calls and no one seems to be able to confirm the 1uz-fe or 3uz-fe. They have all said the unit is universal and there should be no problems, especially on Toyota engines. I'm going to continue looking for the answer and it looks like the GB WILL become official. I’m expecting supraforums.com to pickup the rest of the 10 buyers.

In general, if you advance the timing and increase fuel on stock cars, you will see HP gains. It can also be used to fully take advantage of an aftermarket intake/exhaust combo. If tuned properly you should see a gain of 5-20hp. To read about mapping and more of what the software (support tool) can do here’s a link to the entire manual.
http://www.mkiv.com/tmp/emanage/eman...esm/index.html
Below is a page from it.
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-e-managemanual.jpg