GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Knock Sensor Wire Harness question...searched everywhere need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 06:49 PM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Knock Sensor Wire Harness question...searched everywhere need some help

Good Evening everyone, writing today to try to find the part number for the wire harness for the knock sensors. I have replaced both of mine this weekend courtesy of info from here, did it in 2 hours :-) but the CEL light came back on, diagnosed it (I work for Toyota btw just starting student of t-ten) and my parts guys are not so nice about helping with crossing over lexus and toyota parts, I called the local lexus dealership and told him I work for a dealership and he's acting funny and didn't even wanna talk about the pig tail wire (go figure) so here I am tired, exhausted mentally trying to get the part number for the knock sensor wire harness, btw the toyota cross over number for the knock sensor is 89615-30080, if anyone should ever need it...and as said on here before replace both of them regardless of PO325 or PO 330 or you'll be in the same jam as I am..thanks in advanced club lexus..
Old 08-05-12, 06:49 PM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

Btw my car is a 2001 Lexus GS430
Old 08-06-12, 04:24 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

after doing my GS400's knock sensors i have concluded there isnt a way to disconnect the wires. i believe its part of the whole engine harness loom?
Old 08-06-12, 04:32 PM
cschroder
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevdagr8t
Good Evening everyone, writing today to try to find the part number for the wire harness for the knock sensors. I have replaced both of mine this weekend courtesy of info from here, did it in 2 hours :-) but the CEL light came back on, diagnosed it (I work for Toyota btw just starting student of t-ten) and my parts guys are not so nice about helping with crossing over lexus and toyota parts, I called the local lexus dealership and told him I work for a dealership and he's acting funny and didn't even wanna talk about the pig tail wire (go figure) so here I am tired, exhausted mentally trying to get the part number for the knock sensor wire harness, btw the toyota cross over number for the knock sensor is 89615-30080, if anyone should ever need it...and as said on here before replace both of them regardless of PO325 or PO 330 or you'll be in the same jam as I am..thanks in advanced club lexus..
there's only one wire in there. smash a female blade connector a little bit and force it onto the male blade that sticks out of the sensor and fill it with silicon.

good luck trying to find the actual connector. also did you trace the wire down and to a continuity check, are you sure the connector is the problem.
Old 08-06-12, 07:05 PM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

You know what I was thinking the same thing that it's apart of the god-forsaken ecm wiring harness aka engine wireharness ugh....
Old 08-06-12, 07:07 PM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

I think that's what i'm gonna have to do, I'll take to my shops' master tech and see what he says about it, he might have some feed back about this too...But thanks for all you guys help
Old 08-06-12, 09:58 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

u can source the connectors. after you do you need to cut the wires and resolder extensions before putting together the new connectors
Old 08-07-12, 01:18 PM
Kevdagr8t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vwynn
u can source the connectors. after you do you need to cut the wires and resolder extensions before putting together the new connectors
Thanks I think I'm gonna try this in a few weeks lol....
Old 12-14-18, 03:31 AM
Kbain
Driver School Candidate

Default Did you ever got fixed cause I am having same problem, did you ever find the part

Originally Posted by Kevdagr8t
Did you ever find the part because I am having same problem
Old 12-14-18, 05:01 PM
Kbain
Driver School Candidate

Default info

Originally Posted by ****-adkt
Did you bother to read the whole Thread...?The answer is there
I did read the whole thread but the code you give is for knock sensor and not the harness.