GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

i need your opinion on color wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-12, 09:54 AM
giolex300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need your opinion on color wheels!

Alright fellas....so in about a week or so im going to powdercoat my wheels....workmiester s1...currently the wheels are gold with polished lip....im slammed (tucked)

Also my car is black, tinted all around mobb status lol, and i was thinking powdercoating the WHOLE wheel black with the white workmiester stickers....idk i need some ideas...thanks!!

Last edited by giolex300; 06-23-12 at 09:57 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-23-12, 10:05 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

whats goin on bro
my friend actually just redid his meisters as well, he has a nismo 350z
and he powdercoated his lips highlighter orange and his face matte black.

lemme see if i can get a picture later today.
Old 06-23-12, 11:29 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On a 350Z, that color can be pulled off. On a GS, im not a fan of it. But thats just me. Dont do black, youll have too much black. Maybe like a dark graphite gray sorta color.
Old 06-23-12, 01:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Gunmetal maybe?
Old 06-23-12, 02:03 PM
schant916
Driver School Candidate

Paint it teal green on black Gs
Old 06-23-12, 04:03 PM
giolex300
Driver

yea i was leaning towards the gunmetal somewhat. i just want to do something differnt. i like the polished lip, but i would like to change it up and paint the whole rim. idk, gunmetal, battleship grey, penny bronze, the fact i have a black car is making it a bit harder.
Old 06-23-12, 05:22 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by giolex300
yea i was leaning towards the gunmetal somewhat. i just want to do something differnt. i like the polished lip, but i would like to change it up and paint the whole rim. idk, gunmetal, battleship grey, penny bronze, the fact i have a black car is making it a bit harder.
You can put any color wheel on a black car. If it were silver or dark blue your options would be much more limited. Why do you want to get rid of the gold anyway?
Old 06-23-12, 07:24 PM
AKS14
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A matte black face would be kind of cool, leave the lips polished, if you wanted a little more flair maybe power coat the nuts that hold the wheel together something like gold? Or maybe just chrome dip them?
Old 06-24-12, 10:25 AM
giolex300
Driver

Originally Posted by puff
You can put any color wheel on a black car. If it were silver or dark blue your options would be much more limited. Why do you want to get rid of the gold anyway?
i had these wheels for quite sometime now with the gold. dont get me wrong i love the color combo, but i like change too....idk...and the polished lip looks nice and all but i rarley see anyone powdercoat the whole wheel....

Originally Posted by AKS14
A matte black face would be kind of cool, leave the lips polished, if you wanted a little more flair maybe power coat the nuts that hold the wheel together something like gold? Or maybe just chrome dip them?
ehh, i dont know about painting just the face black. yea im getting titanium wheel nuts. thanks for the input though
Old 06-24-12, 10:31 AM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just don't paint them black.
Old 06-24-12, 12:32 PM
giolex300
Driver

i wanted it black but different contrast to them. the lip gloss black, the fact matte black and the rivits just leave them polished. if you go on google and put black on black work meisters youll see what i mean

another thing. when i paint my wheels when i decide on color, seeing that this is a 3 piece wheel, can i take off the rivits..paint the wheels, then screw them back on? (not taking apart the rims) just want to leave the rivits polished. just wondering if it would be a hassle, i dont want any air leaks
Old 06-24-12, 12:53 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by giolex300

another thing. when i paint my wheels when i decide on color, seeing that this is a 3 piece wheel, can i take off the rivits..paint the wheels, then screw them back on? (not taking apart the rims) just want to leave the rivits polished. just wondering if it would be a hassle, i dont want any air leaks

Do you mean just take out the rivets and not disassembling the wheel? You wont break the seal by just taking out the rivets. You should be able to unscrew them and just pop them back in, but make sure you get the torque specs right.

With the detailed paint scheme you're trying do it make come out cleaner if you take them apart and paint them. But if you seperate the lips and take off the face you will break the seal, but you'll know because it will be hard to seperate to begin with. I'm thinking about taking apart my OZs and polishing or maybe even brushing the faces. Its not hard to disassemble and reseal them, a dremel with with a wire wheel/brush will save time when cleaning up the old silicone, also i'd recommend replacing the valve stems if you decide to take the wheels apart.
Old 06-24-12, 05:27 PM
giolex300
Driver

Originally Posted by SELFMade
Do you mean just take out the rivets and not disassembling the wheel? You wont break the seal by just taking out the rivets. You should be able to unscrew them and just pop them back in, but make sure you get the torque specs right.

With the detailed paint scheme you're trying do it make come out cleaner if you take them apart and paint them. But if you seperate the lips and take off the face you will break the seal, but you'll know because it will be hard to seperate to begin with. I'm thinking about taking apart my OZs and polishing or maybe even brushing the faces. Its not hard to disassemble and reseal them, a dremel with with a wire wheel/brush will save time when cleaning up the old silicone, also i'd recommend replacing the valve stems if you decide to take the wheels apart.

yeah, im not disassembling them. i just want to keep the rivits polished. i was thinking about taking them apart but i heard it can be a pain at times, air leaks etc. but yea thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-12, 10:55 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Go black face with gold or bronze or gunmetal lip
Old 06-25-12, 01:02 PM
vex008
Driver School Candidate

flat black spokes
gloss black lip
gold hardware
no stickers (gloss black if you must)

Quick Reply: i need your opinion on color wheels!