GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Black leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-02, 08:24 AM
dipstick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black leather seats

I am looking at a GS430 with black leather. I have never had a car with black leather, thinking hot and showing lint, specs, etc. Anyone feel like giving me some free advice, pro or con? Thanks!
Old 03-15-02, 08:27 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

wassup!! I've got black leather in my GS, and i've also had it in my past 2 cars as well. It does get hot, but it also looks clean all the time. If you take care of it with leather cleaner every once in a while, you'd be fine. It doesn't get dirty looking like the tan and lighter colors do. I like it best over any other color. that's my 2 pennies!

PeAcE!
Old 03-15-02, 08:48 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Had charcoal (which is lighter than it sounds) in my SC.......seat bases would show scuffs from shoes but the leather overall did ok. It was cooler than the black leather in my GS, but not a whole lot (Arkansas does not have temperate summers), and the mirrored tint that I have is pretty effective.

I know that scuffs are getting on these seat bases, but you can't see 'em. Dust shows more but unless you live down a dirt road or are extremely obsessive-compulsive, it's minimal. Quick wipe maybe once a week. I'm kind of a busy guy (family, practice, etc) so I'm not able to be as religious with car cleaning as I once was, but I've been agreeably surprised with the black leather as far as what shows on it. I do plan to be more regular with Lexol than I was in the SC.
Old 03-15-02, 09:01 AM
MAD_Wicked
Driver School Candidate

Black leather is the ONLY way to go my friend...

Black Carpet too ...If your like me...

The leather doesnt get that bad in the summer, and I live in Dallas OK... I'm talkin about multiple 100 degree summer days.

Just put the A/C on 65 and your cold in about 5 seconds...

Back to crusing and profiling on your way from point A to B...

My car never looks dirty inside or out...

And I have a 98 GS...

Thats right I'm a a new body pioneer....And my leather still makes Coach look like vinyl, ok...

Hope this helps and Happy Riden...

Plus just so you know the drivers console looks sick when lit up against the background of black leather...

Last edited by MAD_Wicked; 03-15-02 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-15-02, 10:18 AM
LexFather

Thumbs up

Tinted windows will solve any heat problem. I love black leather, both the ES and GS are white outside with black leather and I (and people) love it. Black leather, gotta love it!
Old 03-15-02, 11:20 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i own two lexus right now

one is ls400 and another one is gs400, both of them black exterior and black interior.. black leather .. it's a beauty keep it clean and it'll joy your eyes