GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vtc - I Dont Get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 08:45 AM
tinykid22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vtc - I Dont Get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I have a 98 g4. First off, this is the best site on the net. Its amazing how many people are so smart and really know there cars.

So here is the situation. I always drive my GS in power mode. I can really tell the difference. Night and day. And when I want to beat a higher priced, more common car off the line, I turn off my VTC. And if I stomp on it, there is tire spin, and rubber smoke billowing from the rear end.

Ok with that said, when I have the VTC on, and I decide to get on it, my thought is that the car is working against itself. Just think about it. You want the car to grip and pull. A petal to the metal take off means the tires might spin a bit. But the car is saying, NO, it doesnt let the tire spin. Which tells me that the computer is retarding the car. Not letting the tire turn, not letting the car proform.

SO with that said. I am driving differently. VTC off and power on. And that means an fierce GS4. Tell me what you think. An I incorrect in think this?
Old 07-28-06, 08:51 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

hmm u mean VSC, i cant understand your post please rephrase?
Old 07-28-06, 09:01 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

VSC (vehicle stability control) is good to have engaged in your Florida rain !
It could mean an accident or not.

Power mode on the electronic transmission uses more fuel .
Old 07-28-06, 09:07 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joshoowa
hmm u mean VSC, i cant understand your post please rephrase?
Using the following mathematical proof by plausibility:

since ETC == ECT and V >> E and T > S
then ECT + VSC = VTC ... it's simple math.
Old 07-28-06, 09:20 AM
blkvader
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vsc OFF

can get you in an accident, search the forums and you will see that is not a good idea
Old 07-28-06, 09:24 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tinykid22
Ok, so I have a 98 g4. First off, this is the best site on the net. Its amazing how many people are so smart and really know there cars.
Congrats on the getting the GS4!
So here is the situation. I always drive my GS in power mode. I can really tell the difference. Night and day. And when I want to beat a higher priced, more common car off the line, I turn off my VTC. And if I stomp on it, there is tire spin, and rubber smoke billowing from the rear end.
You mean turn off VSC. Yes in a 98~00 GS4 with VSC off you can spin, spin, spin.
Ok with that said, when I have the VTC on, and I decide to get on it, my thought is that the car is working against itself. Just think about it. You want the car to grip and pull. A petal to the metal take off means the tires might spin a bit. But the car is saying, NO, it doesnt let the tire spin. Which tells me that the computer is retarding the car. Not letting the tire turn, not letting the car proform.
Having VSC off doesn't neccessarily mean faster acceleration. For example, on a straight line wet road acceleration having VSC on will get you going faster since the computer can modulate the throttle faster, to reduce tire spin, then a human can. It's easy to sense...give it a try. On dry pavement straight line acceleration VSC on will have little if any negative effect on acceleration since it will again modulate to keep maximum grip to the surface...IMO.
SO with that said. I am driving differently. VTC off and power on. And that means an fierce GS4. Tell me what you think. An I incorrect in think this?
ECT = PWR and VSC = OFF ====>