GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

At Italia 19" (2 Piece Wheel)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-01, 06:01 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just posting this for anyone who wants 19" Wheels of very high quality, genuine 2 piece, imported from Italy, with a big 2.25" very high polish stainless steel lip.

I was looking for 19" wheels for almost a year and finally bought the AT ITALIA (formerly ATP) RIVA wheels.

They are very sporty, high performance, 5 spoke wheels.
They have big rivets (are 2 Piece wheel) and are somewhat reminiscent of HAMMAN PG3 or RH C-5 wheels. On the RIVAs, each of the 5 spokes bows out a bit and curves in towards the lip a little at the top.

When you look at them closely each of the spokes is very clearly visible with a nice long look.

Can only get them at Tire Rack and they are available in 19 x 8 and also 19 x 9. I got the Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position tires in 245/35/19 for all fours. They are very high quality and have a really great tread design. Outstanding traction in both wet and dry conditions.

Prices are very reasonable. Especially when you are talking this high quality of a wheel.

With tires, mounted and balanced and shipped to your door, you can get them for $2,700-$3,000. Your choice of Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position, Yokohama AVS Sport, or Pirelli Tires.

I am sponsored by Tire Rack, so I got an unbelievable price, but you can get a great deal on them as well!!!

I am OVERJOYED with my decision and they really look good on the car. Changes my GS 300's look to a much more high performance, MEAN *** LOOK!!

Also if you want a multi piece wheel with a big lip, TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THE AT ITALIA RIVA.

Ted
Old 05-21-01, 07:56 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you post any pics of your car?
Old 05-21-01, 08:09 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please post pictures of your car with the wheels on it.. Like they say a picture says a thousand words!

Thanks!

Ken
Old 05-21-01, 08:58 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

A friend has a digital camera and should have pics up w/in a week.

HOWEVER, go to tirerack.com and check out the wheel. You can see them up close and also can put them on the car and see what they look like.

I MUST TELL YOU THOUGH, THESE WHEELS LOOK MUCH MUCH BETTER ACTUALLY ON THE CAR & IN PERSON.
MY GS 300 also has a 1.5 inch drop w/ my H&R SPRINGS.

Peace-Out.
Old 05-21-01, 11:04 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the wheels...

Quick question about your suspension set-up...How is the ride in comparions to stock without the wheels???

I plan on doing the same lowering this week or next.
Old 05-21-01, 12:08 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

the car rides a bit more firmly and I like that. Not too harsh at all for my taste.

I prefer H&R over Eibach and L-Tuned b/c more of a drop and aggressive stance.

What springs are you going to install? H&R Sport Springs or Race Springs?

Ted
Old 05-21-01, 01:00 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I was planning on going with the H&Rs with the bilstein shocks...which are the race springs? I like the H&Rs the lower the front more than the back....Switch one lowers the most...and which do u have?

Thanks for the info too...
Old 05-21-01, 01:46 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

i have the sport springs. I wish I had race springs, they drop it lower. they make race springs for the bmw's , i couldn't find any for the GS.

Best of luck.

ted
Old 05-21-01, 02:47 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Ted...Are your springs the ones that lower the front end 1.4" and the rear 1.3", if so do you also have some pics?
Old 05-21-01, 06:14 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

IMHO....You scored.(but why didnt you stagger them, thats mandatory) I have the SSR Integreal in 18x8 front, 18x9 rear. I was JUST about to order the rims you got a few days ago........I might still. heehee Pleeeease post some pics asap. This might help me make a decision. Good choice, looking forward to seeing them, Tiny..

Originally posted by ted920
I'm just posting this for anyone who wants 19" Wheels of very high quality, genuine 2 piece, imported from Italy, with a big 2.25" very high polish stainless steel lip.

I was looking for 19" wheels for almost a year and finally bought the AT ITALIA (formerly ATP) RIVA wheels.

They are very sporty, high performance, 5 spoke wheels.
They have big rivets (are 2 Piece wheel) and are somewhat reminiscent of HAMMAN PG3 or RH C-5 wheels. On the RIVAs, each of the 5 spokes bows out a bit and curves in towards the lip a little at the top.

When you look at them closely each of the spokes is very clearly visible with a nice long look.

Can only get them at Tire Rack and they are available in 19 x 8 and also 19 x 9. I got the Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position tires in 245/35/19 for all fours. They are very high quality and have a really great tread design. Outstanding traction in both wet and dry conditions.

Prices are very reasonable. Especially when you are talking this high quality of a wheel.

With tires, mounted and balanced and shipped to your door, you can get them for $2,700-$3,000. Your choice of Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position, Yokohama AVS Sport, or Pirelli Tires.

I am sponsored by Tire Rack, so I got an unbelievable price, but you can get a great deal on them as well!!!

I am OVERJOYED with my decision and they really look good on the car. Changes my GS 300's look to a much more high performance, MEAN *** LOOK!!

Also if you want a multi piece wheel with a big lip, TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THE AT ITALIA RIVA.

Ted
Old 05-22-01, 05:44 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Fellas:

I'll try to get pics posted as soon as I can. I know that if I was in your position, I'd want to see some pics as well.

We have just had some crappy weather here in CT recently and I haven't had a chance to take the pics. A friend will be coming down here from New Hampshire w/ his IS to do some work on his car and he'll take some pics for me and will post on the site.

I did not stagger them because I want to be able to rotate the tires. The 19x8 and 19x9 wheels surprisingly have the same size lip, and furthermore if I did go 19x9, I'd still have the same tires as I currently have: 245/35/19, so I saw no reason to stagger them.

Unfortunately, I can't get you guys a better deal on these wheels than they have on tirerack. However, I must tell you, they have really good prices on these AT ITALIA RIVA 19" Wheels and I don't think you can beat them in terms of the price/quality/looks /value are concerned. Again, they are genuine 2 piece wheel.
Also, strongly consider the Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position 245/35/19 Tires because they are normally prices at $306 and are now going for $226 b/c of the new S-03 that are coming out soon. You can't beat them as far as quality/performance/price are concerned.

Peace.

Ted
Old 05-24-01, 01:12 PM
jahdish
Rookie

i have the atp flash in 18's on my ga4 and was wondering if there is anywhere to get lexus center caps to replace the aftermarket caps b/c the factory ones are to big?