GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with Paint selection please

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-03, 01:51 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Paint selection please

Okay after the snow leaves Michigan I am going to paint my car. It is currently a 99 which is Diamod pearl, I think.
Here are the body aerodynamics I am going to put on the car

1. Veilside rear wing
2. Ab-Flug "Curve" carbon cooling bonnet (hood)
3. Greddy front lip
4. L-Tuned side skirts
5. Roof spoiler (I am thinking Ab-Flug but might lean to L-Sportline)
6. Grille (don't know yet)
7. Rear bumper (don't know yet, open to suggestions)

Okay know for the paint. I a switching from pearl because it is very hard to keep clean and the side skirts always turn yellow. Don't know if this is true with L-Tuned side skirts, but once again every little thing shows on white.

I am going with House of Kolor paint and I have brought it down to these colors:
1. Pearl Ocean Blue (it's not a light blue more of a dark sea blue)
2. Pearl Silver Streak
(can get all the house of color paint for my car at $55.00)
3. I am looking for a nice black, like black opal special that comes on the AMG Benzs, if you have any suggestions or I might just give benz a call a see how much for the paint.

Okay just visited the MBUSA website and checked out some more colors. What about Obsibian black or if the price isn't stupid Designo Mocha Black that comes with an option on th CL600.

If any of you guys either a: have a friend at a Benz dealer or work at one or can get the "hook up" any way on car paint, please check into a price on designo mocha black for me thanks. I believe it takes 60z. to paint a car.

Also the color of the interior is a factor. Its tan so alot of colors where ruled out. Let me know what you guys think, and let me know what you would paint your car.

Last edited by APLUS; 12-19-03 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-19-03, 03:30 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Didn't really want to start a whole new thread for this topic but I was thinking do guys think the SC430 headrest would fit in a 2nd.gen GS? Just trying out different ideas. If any of you have both or access to both why don't you chevk it out and see how it looks.

Leather match up isn't a problem thinking about getting my seats re-uphosterd in a two seude/leather.
Old 12-19-03, 06:22 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the siver, but i also say go with the blue. i like seeing GS with diffrent colors other than factory...some of them look really sharp. I dont have any hookups, but from what ive heard, the Mocha (which by the way is a beautiful color) is extremely pricey. Money stacked so tall, all the b1tches wanna fall. When i used to be a Mechanic for VW and Porches, i saw this color that i loved on the new Porche 911...its called Lapis Blue. That color just has this shine to it when it gets a deeeep wax. it actually looks almost like blurple, but with more blue, and pearl. I love that color to death, i want to put it on my next project car.

Last edited by Stage3; 12-19-03 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-19-03, 07:14 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Lapis Blue

I am going to check into this color.
Yeah I am trying to find a color that has class but is also unique and will not be overlooked.
There is a guy on here forgot his name but he just got his car painted house of color (I want to say) Tangarine orange, not sure of the name but its sweet looking.
Old 12-19-03, 07:35 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would say silver cus u'r interior is tan and silver with tan doesn't look so hot imo..but black would b hott bt will b just as hard 2 maintain as u'r white just without the yellowing...tough cus u'r interior is tan. cusi love silver colors...u ever thought about a wine color , like a burgandy mayb. it would match up so well with u'r interior
Old 12-19-03, 07:51 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Yeah thought about a wine color but really haven't seen any that I really like. I know (looks like Benz has the colors I like) burgundy for the CL600, but I really think they want a silly price for their paint.
Old 12-19-03, 07:59 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

i would say silver cus u'r interior is tan and silver with tan doesn't look so hot imo

Little confusing.

i would say silver cus u'r interior is tan
So you like tan leather and silver cars?

silver with tan doesn't look so hot imo
So you don't like tan leather and silver cars?

Just pulling your chain man. Really the only reason I was thinking blue is when I saw your car with the chrome window garnish removed it looked really sweet. I believe your car is the one I saw????
Old 12-19-03, 08:17 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by APLUS
i would say silver cus u'r interior is tan and silver with tan doesn't look so hot imo

Little confusing.

i would say silver cus u'r interior is tan
So you like tan leather and silver cars?

silver with tan doesn't look so hot imo
So you don't like tan leather and silver cars?

Just pulling your chain man. Really the only reason I was thinking blue is when I saw your car with the chrome window garnish removed it looked really sweet. I believe your car is the one I saw????
sorry ...type-o. sometimes i type so fast i miss letters, thats what i get with the 2 fingers i use a lot...i meant wouldn't..."D" always pm's me saying he's confuse withmy post.

ya that was my car.. i removed the garnish recently.. mayb a darker blue would look good. do u have any pics of that blue u were talking about...

Last edited by bluelex; 12-19-03 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-19-03, 08:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i really love silver but don't think that it will look so great with tan interior...unless u get a dark silver silver..
Old 12-19-03, 09:07 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Man just messin with you on the type-o. I figured it out but it did stump me for a minute.
I will try ti get a sample color posted or something. It is kind of dark, and its new to house of kolor paint. Its also pearl blue so it has a real high shine and glossie look.