GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-02, 02:13 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default spark plugs

ok, i think it's time for me to change my spark plugs. im currently using 8.9 msd wires and was wondering what's the best set of spark plugs that i can use? any recomendations if i should use hotter or colder plugs? whats the difference anyways?

what u guys think of torquemaster spark plugs? are thy worth it? or should i just get iridium plugs?

yr comments wb appreicated.
Old 12-17-02, 02:44 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey patrick. stick with Denso Iridium plugs. i changed my plugs about 6 months ago and the car felt much better. Denso Iridium plus go for around 9-13 bucks each. kinda expensive. also have someone install it for you. don't try to do it yourself. its tough man,
Old 12-17-02, 03:46 AM
Mischievious GS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Torquemaster...

I have the TM plugs which i bought about 2 months back. I would just like to say that the plugs have definitely helped. i can feel a noticable difference, and improved gas mileage. i paid i think $14.50 a plug from tm directly, and the woman on the phone was extremely helpful.

off topic, it was wednesday, and i needed the plugs by saturday because i was changing the valve cover gaskets, and i asked if there was anyway that she could have it here by saturday. she made a special trip to the post office and i got them by friday. definitely a top notch company.

after reading some of the posts from the 2nd gens, it seems like a lot of them like the tm plugs as opposed to the iridiums. as for me, i love them. they also said that the plugs only get better in time, so hopefully, i wont have to change them anytime soon, because taking the intake manifold off not something i want to keep doing.

as a side note...when we first put them in, i noticed that the car was idling funny. almost sounded like the car was wheezing. after resetting the ecu, and driving the car for 200 miles or so, the car is fine. more than likely just the computer wondering what the heck i did to her
Old 12-17-02, 08:19 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

ok, i hear diff opinions, iridium or tourqemaster plugs.
well, i do have iridium plugs now..dont remember when i got them. i think about 4-5 mos ago. you guys think it's time to replace?

i can probably try to "tm" plugs. i just hope nthing will go wrong like what mischievious said......gave the car funny idle.......then went away. dont wanna drive 200 miles just for the car to settle down. just wanna replace the plugs, start the car, and bone out!!!