GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Projects... I need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 03:57 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projects... I need advise...

Ok, I am in college over my winter break I am not working so for a month I have a lot of time on my hands a few of the thing listed below were things I was thinking about doing to my car, but wasn't sure what was the best method to do it so it or what products to use, if you have it done on your car and could post pics, etc..., so any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Clean engine bay (carefully, lots of electronics!)

-Is there a way to open and close your windows by remote, my friend said you can buy a kit, can you, anyone have it?

-I have my intercooler showing a lot through my body kit and it is silver, but was hoping to making it REALLY shiny, it is a dull silver to start with even with it is clean. How can I do this, sand it, just polish I don't think would do much, anything else?

-For my front corners I have cleared them, but have ornage bulbs to be legal. Has anyone painted an orange bulb white, so during the day it looks more clear in the corner, but at night it still lights up orange so it is legal. A friend tried it on his car with high temp paint, but it still "burned" the paint on the bulb.

-Is it possible to dye my grey seats and dash balck some how? Would that look good if my car is black, but the floor carpet and stuff would still by grey.

-By our shift bezel there is that "power" "Normal" and something i don't remember, do those really make a difference and if so what? Is it bad to always have it in tthe power position?

-Are there any other gauges we can put in our car, I hate the color combo of the ones we have now. Are there gauge overlays, or ways to change the colors? I really would like something else than the ones we have.

-I still need to replace my shift bezel that is cracked, anyone have one they want to sell me cheap? How do you replace it, do you glue the new one on, because that is how I tried to fix the cracked one and that didn't work.

-Since I put an aftermarket steering wheel, I have had no horn, anyone know how I could install some airhorn to a switch to use as my horn. Its scares the **** out of my when people are backing up and I want to honk to make sure they know i am behind them before they hit me.

-I want to clean my interior really well, especially my leather has some spots on it, what should I use on my leather and on my carpet?

-My car's paint has a lot of "swirl" liek my in the paint. For example after I wash it if you look at the hood it looks like the entire hood is covered with little scrathes or swirls, how can I get rid of these on my entire car, how hard is it, and what products should I use?

-I was thinking it would be different to have door poppers on my doors. Does anyone have this? Where can you get a kit, are they specific to our cars? How hard is it to install?

Thanks everyone for your help!!!
Old 12-16-02, 04:27 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is that a stock front grille u have or aftermarket?
Old 12-16-02, 07:15 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

The grill is stock, but it has been custom painted to match my car's color.

Originally posted by indypwr
is that a stock front grille u have or aftermarket?
Old 12-16-02, 11:14 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

as for the power/normal. if you have the car in power it shifts at a higher RPM and will hold the gear longer than in normal mode. also it shifts more aggressively and will downshift more often when you push the pedal in.