My first lexus! yay!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 12:04 AM
butcher
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first lexus! yay!

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry in advance for the long thread...

My name is malcolm cleaver, and I am a happy owner of a 1993 GS300. This is my first ever Lexus. I never knew that I would be able to afford one at this time hehe, but found one used and for the right price...anyhoo...

I do not have pictures at the moment, because it is not in running condition. It has a blown head gasket. Its white with grey bumpers (i think), and its fully stock so I am sure everyone know what it looks like.

I was hoping to get some help from people here. I have been searching for part numbers and the availability of parts for the 2JZGE engine. I have used this forum, ebay and sometimes google hehe. I started working on the engine tearing it apart and going to fix it up and make it look nice and put new parts too however, I do not know where to find them and what companies do make them.

At the moment, I need to change or going to change these parts. (Just going to concentrate on the engine bay)
-Timing Belt
-Head Gasket
-Water Pump
-Change Head studs to ARP
-Spark Plug wires
-Spark Plugs
-Change the radiator to an aluminum one
-Take out the fan and change to an electric one
-Maybe change the header (since the intake is off now)??

With that being said, I guess I need to know what brands are good and what would fit with a 93 GS300.

Timing belt/head gasket/water pump/head studs:
I have searched on ebay and here and I might get the Greddy Timing belt, and Greddy metal head gasket, and change to ARP head studs. And of course, water pump is water pump.

Spark Plug wires:
I searched and found that NGK or Denso makes them, do they make an aftermarket ones?? If so, can anyone somewhat help me into the right direction?

Radiator and Fan
I will be changing to an aluminum rad. I will most likely get KOYO or something thicker so its more efficient. I read that you had to use Supra ones (MKIV) and it will fit? Has anyone heard of JVTR brand? And also, if I wanted to change to an electric fan, what bolts onto these rads? Oh, I also read that if you change to an aluminum rad that you need to add an external tranny cooler right? Will any type of tranny cooler or oil cooler fit?

Headers
Since I will most likely keep it a 2JZGE, I might as well get some nice headers...does a supra MKIV header (aftermarket) fit a GS300? Or are there ones specifically for a GS300?

Well, thats all for now...I do apologize for the lengthly thread. Any help would do.

Regards to all.

Cleaver
Old 01-10-08, 08:34 AM
Duds
Pole Position

If you can get the greddy for the same price as the stocker fine, if not I would just use a stock one. For a metal head gasket you will need to get both the head and block resurfaced, usually you would just get the head resurfaced and check the block for flatness with a composite gasket. Just stick with ngk or denso wires, no need to get anything else.

For the radiator and fans I don't know much about the GS in this department I believe the top mounts for the rad are slightly different in location to the supra, and you will probably need to switch to electric fans anyway. For reliability I would again keep this stock as I have had electric fans fail on me and overheat my engine.

Supra headers will definitely bolt to the head, I don't know whether it will bolt to the exhaust, chances are it does but wait for someone else for that answer too.
Old 01-10-08, 01:27 PM
butcher
Driver

Hello,

Kool, thank you duds. I really havent check out the pricing yet. I have not taken out the head yet. Hopefully next week I will be able to so that I can check and see what the exact condition of the car is.

Ill keep researching for whats available there. Thank you.
Old 01-11-08, 06:58 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your project car. If you're looking to buy parts, check these sites

www.l-tunedparts.com
http://www.toyolexparts.com/web/
Old 01-11-08, 07:35 AM
Aristo-cat
Driver

you must show pix or you will be banned! j/k
Old 01-11-08, 01:24 PM
butcher
Driver

thanks guys...

I will take a picture of it torn apart in the garage! Give me a few days! haha.