1997 Supra - 9,968 Original Miles over 800 HP, 9 Second Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-03, 12:17 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Supra - 9,968 Original Miles over 800 HP, 9 Second Car

Your are looking at one of the finest Supras in the country. This mint 1997 White
25th Anniversary edition has it all. With only 9,963 Miles on the odometer, it is sure
to be one of the lowest mileage Supras in the country. It has been stored in an Air IM
Conditioned Garage for the past 2 years and has cleaned with only the finest waxes from
Griots Garage. The interior and exterior are immaculate. You won't find a dent or
scratch on this car, and you will be amazed when you open the door to find that new car
scent is still present in the spotless interior.

All performance modifications where performed by Titan Motorsport of Orlando, Florida
(You probably have seen their 8 Second Drag Radial Supra on the strip or in any Import
Magazine out there). No expense was spared on the build of this 9 Second Street
Monster. The car was the first 9-second Car out of Titan Motorsports, and put down a
9.99@146 in Texas 2 years ago in initial Testing. The car since has been outfitted
with a larger Greddy T88H Turbo and Bulletproof Turbo400 Transmission. It has not
been tested with the new setup yet, but similar cars have seen 9.20-9.50 on Drag
Radials.

The Engine Remains stock, with the exception of HKS 272 Cams on the Intake and Exhaust
Side. A Greddy T88H Turbo kit (the Same one found on Titans Mid 8 Second Drag Radial
Supra), makes sure the horsepower is on tap for low 9 second passes. This kit has the
larger manifold than the Standard Greddy kit, and a 4-inch exhaust housing with V-band
flange. Greddy also provided the 4- Row intercooler to keep the intake temperatures
low. A Propane assisted Nitrous setup is also there to help insure there will always
be that extra horsepower on tap, as well as to help spool this massive turbo. It is a
well known fact that the Stock Supra automatic transmission won't cut it when producing
big power, so a B&M Turbo 400 was installed using a custom adapter kit supplied by MSP
(The same kit used to propel their Supra to 8.30's on Drag Radials). This
transmission allows for quick shifts down the 1/4, but allows you to still take it out
for that weekend cruise or quick sprint to the office. A Titan Motorsports Fuel
System, controlled by a G-Force ECU and HKS VPC/GCC combo, provides extra Fuel. All
this gas is exhausted through a Massive 4 inch HKS Hyper Titanium Exhaust, one of the
best sounding exhausts that I have ever heard on a Supra. At idle it has a quiet
rumble, but when you get on it and let the 800+ Horses out, it lets everyone know that
you mean business. A Fluidyne Radiator and B&M Super Transmission Cooler help make
sure that things remain cool. This car was a Demo car for Titan, so as you can expect
there are a host of their custom parts such as Cam Gears, Line Lock, Radiator Hardpipe,
Showplate and their Polished Custom Street Intake Manifold.

The interior has been outfitted with an 8 Point Roll cage, when your going 9s in the
Quarter at over 140, you want to do it safely. Titan Motorsports constructed the cage
out of Chromoly and sent it to their painter to have it professionally painted flat
black. The seats are Sparco Evo's, very comfortable racing bucket seats for either
cruising the strip, or racing down it. You will be held in safely by the Team Tech Pro
Harness's (Some of the most comfortable 5 points you will find, expensive but well
worth it). A set of Apexi Gauges (Boost and EGT) are mounted in the Pillar to keep you
informed of what’s going on, and a Custom Fiberglass panel has been molded for the
glove box to keep the VPC and GCC looking like they where meant to be in the car stock.
Other features in the interior include a Sparco Mugello Steering wheel, Autometer
Shift Light, HKS Turbo Timer and B&M Pro-Ratchet Shifter.

HKS Hyper Drag Coilovers get rid of unwanted body roll, and a custom Race wheel setup
from CCW makes sure that the 800+ HP sees the ground as it should. A CCW Road Race
wheel package is available to the purchaser at a premium.

The only modification to the exterior has been a Rod Millen Carbon Fiber rear wing.
It was professionally painted and installed by Samuels Auto body, one of the best
painters in Central Florida. There isn't a dent on the body, and the paint is better
than new after being polished by nothing but the finest waxes from Griots. The
Passenger side headlight was removed for Air Flow to the intake at the track, but it
will be installed before the final sale of the car.

There are plenty of fast Supras, and plenty of show Supras out there. Never will you
find a 9 second Supra as clean as this one, especially with only 9,963 Miles on it.
Over $85,000 has been invested in this car, and we are now entertaining offers over
$65,000. This is a 9,963 Mile 9 Second Supra built by Titan Motorsports, expect
nothing but the best. Private showings available on request to serious buyers at our
location in Winter Park, Florida. Any questions or offers can be forwarded to
wes@onelovemedia.com

Many More Pictures Available at
http://www.onelovemedia.com/Byron/

Last edited by Onelove; 07-25-03 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-25-03, 01:49 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a lot of money for a 6 year old car, even if it does a 9 sec. 1/4 mile.
Old 07-25-03, 06:05 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Richie
That is one very clean supra. But that is one very large $ amount for being 6 yrs old. Nonetheless, sweet supra
Old 07-25-03, 06:08 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Show me another 9 sec car that you can drive to the track with the AC on and it'll last another 100k + mi no problem.

Sweet ride, I'd pick this over a viper or porsche anyday... if I had the money.

Old 07-26-03, 08:36 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Thanks, this car is a mint car. Sure it's 6 years old but it's been well maintained and better than ANY Supra I have ever seen (Working at Titan Motorsports for over a year and a half trust me I have seen more Supras than most people).

Drive it to the track, run mid to low 9s and drive it home and still be able to hit the cruising strip or mcdonalds drive thought?

Originally posted by Overclocker
Show me another 9 sec car that you can drive to the track with the AC on and it'll last another 100k + mi no problem.

Sweet ride, I'd pick this over a viper or porsche anyday... if I had the money.

Old 07-27-03, 09:55 AM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Nice car but, I also think that the price is a little high. I wish you luck however. I just sold my 94' 6spd. TT for $38k with several mods also. 800 rwhp. Built by Autotuner in Oviedo,Fl.
Old 07-30-03, 01:39 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Very nice....

One clean Supra... I would love to own a Supra, but 65k+ is way too much for my blood

GL on selling it...
Shawn
Old 07-30-03, 09:59 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with Richie. Before owning a GS400, I had a 1998 Supra TT with 17K miles bone stock (some of you might remember me posting it for sale here). I was asking around $34 last year (I think) and got a little less for it in the end.

My point is, your car is probably a sweet car with one of the lowest mileages in the United States. BUT, many people don't want to buy a modded out Supra at that price because it actually depreciates the value of the car.

I'm not flaming you in any way or am not trying to ruin your sale. This is just food for thought that I had to eat while I was selling my Supra.

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-31-03, 06:17 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Originally posted by kevs
I agree with Richie. Before owning a GS400, I had a 1998 Supra TT with 17K miles bone stock (some of you might remember me posting it for sale here). I was asking around $34 last year (I think) and got a little less for it in the end.

My point is, your car is probably a sweet car with one of the lowest mileages in the United States. BUT, many people don't want to buy a modded out Supra at that price because it actually depreciates the value of the car.

I'm not flaming you in any way or am not trying to ruin your sale. This is just food for thought that I had to eat while I was selling my Supra.

Best of luck to you!
The people looking for a car like this are not looking for a stock car either. The Supra is one of the most modified cars out there for big HP and there are plenty of people who have the financial resources to build a car like this, but don't have the patience. Appriciate your comments though.
Old 07-31-03, 04:03 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Does have a good point...

Originally posted by Onelove
The people looking for a car like this are not looking for a stock car either. The Supra is one of the most modified cars out there for big HP and there are plenty of people who have the financial resources to build a car like this, but don't have the patience. Appriciate your comments though.
Onelove, Does have a good point... Some people have no patience’s and when they find something they want they would rather shell out all the cash up front even if it is more then if they started from scratch and took the time to build it...

Shawn
Old 07-31-03, 06:00 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default i would buy

if someone would buy my gs i would shell out the rest.
Old 07-31-03, 07:58 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

man dont sell it! its beautiful!

and i cant afford it right now