Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Orlando detailer recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-14, 06:32 PM
Austin09IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando detailer recommendations

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, drive an 09 is250 and she is my baby.

I need a recommendation on a detailer I can take my car to them or mobile is fine. But I'm really looking for someone who will treat my car like their own.

Need wash, clay bar, buff, polish, wax, and full interior. Any recommendations would be awesome
Old 08-11-14, 04:10 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Herrow

Welcome to the forums! Nice ride of course, I have a 95 SC300. Personally I don't let anyone detail my car except for myself or the dealership. It also depends on your budget.

I highly recommend your local Lexus dealership because i think their Presidental packages are the BEST. It's 150 bucks plus tax, but you can check their websites and sometimes you can get them for 100 dollars. That's what I did. They do the wash, clay bar, polish, waxing... even the hard water spot removal. I also like that they detail your engine bay. There are so many other things they do with the Presidental along with these services. Being that my car is much older, the carpets/interior weren't in great condition and they made it look amazing after the shampooing.

May seem a bit pricy but your car looks like it belongs in a showroom when you get it back If you want more info about this you can definitely check on the dealership's site under their detailing services.

When you're done detailing your baby make sure to post pics <3

Have a great day and hope this helps

P.S - Maybe we will see you at a meet one day!

Last edited by SPLiFFY; 08-11-14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: kittens.
Old 08-11-14, 07:20 PM
Austin09IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks spliffy. I dont normally allow others to wash my car, but I've never experimented with a machine polisher.

Lexus of orlando is right down the street from me and I've considered letting them do the detail. Does anyone have any experience with lexus of orlando detailing?
Old 08-12-14, 06:16 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin09IS
Thanks spliffy. I dont normally allow others to wash my car, but I've never experimented with a machine polisher.

Lexus of orlando is right down the street from me and I've considered letting them do the detail. Does anyone have any experience with lexus of orlando detailing?
Don't take it to the dealer. I have personally taken my car to Lexus of Orlando. If you can't do it yourself, research a professional deatailer.
Old 08-12-14, 07:36 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're welcome Austin, and I know what you mean. LOO is where I got my car detailed at and I didn't have any issues with them, everything they did was on point. They didn't clean my rims right the first time and they took the extra time to re-do it so that was nice.

As with all dealerships though, it's a luck of the draw thing. Not every person overlooking the detail will make sure everything is done fully. It's truly up to you, I'm just telling you my experience. When i detail my car it takes me all of 4 hours.

Btw Atlas, haaaiiii.
Old 08-13-14, 02:24 AM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
You're welcome Austin, and I know what you mean. LOO is where I got my car detailed at and I didn't have any issues with them, everything they did was on point. They didn't clean my rims right the first time and they took the extra time to re-do it so that was nice.

As with all dealerships though, it's a luck of the draw thing. Not every person overlooking the detail will make sure everything is done fully. It's truly up to you, I'm just telling you my experience. When i detail my car it takes me all of 4 hours.

Btw Atlas, haaaiiii.
Hey girl.... you been hiding out. Haven't seen you on the forums in a while. Are you on Facebook?
Old 08-13-14, 07:52 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I would recommend that you go to autogeekonline.net and read up on detailing. The vast majority would not even think of allowing the dealer to touch their car. Detailers at the local car dealers can be pretty bad. Many of them reuse rags and materials on every car for the day and this can lead to swirls and scratches on your car. Many of them use glazes with a rotary buffer to hide the swirls and scratches but after a few washes your car will be full of swirls in the sun light. To really do a full out detail takes several hours, and $195 is just too cheap for all that work.

Go on auto geek and read the detailers projects. They show pictures and before and afters, as well as the products used and the time it took to complete the detail. This may give you some confidence to try and tackle it yourself. If not, there are plenty of professionals on there from the orlando area that you can contact.