Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2010 Voice Command Lousy

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-14, 04:57 PM   #1
rickster9
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 13
Default 2010 Voice Command Lousy

Does this system work at all. It's almost impossible to enter an address and I look funny talking to the headliner.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
rickster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:40 PM   #2
Lexi66
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: iL
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster9 View Post
Does this system work at all. It's almost impossible to enter an address and I look funny talking to the headliner.
I couldn't agree more.
Lexi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:48 PM   #3
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,387
Default

The 2010 was supposed to have improved voice recognition but I didn't see it either. I eventually gave up using it. I would think the new gen ES system would have to be better.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 06:06 AM   #4
mlacomb
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OH
Posts: 301
Default

Even my non nav 08 is pretty fun sometimes. *listening* "Setup" --> car responds with "Cancelled." about 50% of the time.... I can see how this would be even more frustrating with something like an address on a Nav equipped system.
mlacomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 07:28 PM   #5
rickster9
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 13
Default

Funny they'd install something like that. Cheapens the whole.
rickster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 12:19 PM   #6
Lexi66
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: iL
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
The 2010 was supposed to have improved voice recognition but I didn't see it either. I eventually gave up using it. I would think the new gen ES system would have to be better.
Maybe... Maybe not.
Lexi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 02:14 AM   #7
xanderES
Pole Position
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 320
Default

I forget which years it extended to since I had an 07 but there was a tsb on the voice recognition (poor word recognition) on the navigation which ran concurrent to a tsb in which the navigation would place you in the wrong area on the map.

The only voice command I used while I owned the car was "automatic climate control on" and that was just to show people that there was a voice command feature. It's a pretty useless feature to be honest. It takes 50x the time it would take me to manually type in an address vs using the voice command.
__________________
_______________________
07 Black Sapphire ES350 - Gone - Picture
08 Obsidian IS350 - In progress/GONE | BC w/ Swift | Jun tw Roof Spoiler | HKS F-Sport Exhaust | SPC | Megan | CF Emblems | Rep LX Mode Upper Grill | Auto Couture | Weds Sport | JDM Visors | All items for sale
93 Black 300zx TT - mint condition - Project Car
xanderES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 01:48 PM   #8
Lexi66
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: iL
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderES View Post
I forget which years it extended to since I had an 07 but there was a tsb on the voice recognition (poor word recognition) on the navigation which ran concurrent to a tsb in which the navigation would place you in the wrong area on the map.

The only voice command I used while I owned the car was "automatic climate control on" and that was just to show people that there was a voice command feature. It's a pretty useless feature to be honest. It takes 50x the time it would take me to manually type in an address vs using the voice command.
I'm actually having difficulty manually typing in the address for the Nav...am I doing
something wrong? The touch screen sucks! 2011 ES
Lexi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 02:44 PM   #9
Lexi66
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: iL
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi66 View Post
I'm actually having difficulty manually typing in the address for the Nav...am I doing
something wrong? The touch screen sucks! 2011 ES
Bump... Can anyone give me some feedback? Thanks!
Lexi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 02:44 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA Coilovers SEXC SC400 / 300 Classifieds 5 03-21-13 03:54 PM
..................... 3jz SC 400/300 1 03-17-13 06:40 PM
CA WTB: Aftermarket Items infate 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 46 01-19-13 07:31 PM
Flowers anyone? bnlexus Digital Photography 0 01-03-13 08:21 AM
Wrong forum dre484 IS - Second Generation 2 09-07-12 06:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info