Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Es350 remote start

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-13, 08:07 AM   #16
liquidz
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 82
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
What feature of this product would lead you to believe it could solve the shutdown issue?
The feature is called "EVO-ALL & Lexus ES350 Smart-Key (2009-2012) - with key take over - Revision 20110615", on page 5 of 6 there's clear instructions that you can enter the vehicle and press the push-to-start button twice to turn on ignition and then drive off. My installer claimed that this module would work but he did not have an interface module for this bypass module and the Lexus ES350 so connections need to be made manually (i.e. more labour hours and cost more). Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out and gone with this module, but I think I didn't because my installer said some of the features in the CompuStar Slice may not work. I don't recall the details anymore.

Otherwise, the instructions sounds like what others have posted. Remote start, jump in car, push the "push-to-button" start button twice and off they go.

OT: The CompuStar Slice R/S is power hungry, I replace the battery every 2-3 months...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by liquidz; 12-01-13 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Added details on CompuStar Slice
liquidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-13, 09:05 PM   #17
iceblast
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidz View Post
The feature is called "EVO-ALL & Lexus ES350 Smart-Key (2009-2012) - with key take over - Revision 20110615", on page 5 of 6 there's clear instructions that you can enter the vehicle and press the push-to-start button twice to turn on ignition and then drive off. My installer claimed that this module would work but he did not have an interface module for this bypass module and the Lexus ES350 so connections need to be made manually (i.e. more labour hours and cost more). Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out and gone with this module, but I think I didn't because my installer said some of the features in the CompuStar Slice may not work. I don't recall the details anymore.

Otherwise, the instructions sounds like what others have posted. Remote start, jump in car, push the "push-to-button" start button twice and off they go.

OT: The CompuStar Slice R/S is power hungry, I replace the battery every 2-3 months...
Very interesting find. I have buyer's remorse now. I don't know which bypass module I have, but I'm sure it is not Fortin.

I really want to be able to not to have to shut down the car, as in the -25C weather, it will kill my battery multi starting it like that, plus it is a pain, and less 'slick'.

Does this feature work on the 2007 models?
iceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 04:26 PM   #18
rwmnau
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
rwmnau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 17
@sqlryan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
Very interesting find. I have buyer's remorse now. I don't know which bypass module I have, but I'm sure it is not Fortin.

I really want to be able to not to have to shut down the car, as in the -25C weather, it will kill my battery multi starting it like that, plus it is a pain, and less 'slick'.

Does this feature work on the 2007 models?
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm considering installing the Fortin and I've got a 2007 ES350, and I want to avoid the issues you've mentioned where the car stops when you open the door and you have to start it again. I'm hopeful that you've got a solution in the 9 months since you posted this
rwmnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 04:56 PM   #19
iceblast
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmnau View Post
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm considering installing the Fortin and I've got a 2007 ES350, and I want to avoid the issues you've mentioned where the car stops when you open the door and you have to start it again. I'm hopeful that you've got a solution in the 9 months since you posted this
No, unfortunately. I have just stuck with the unit I bought. I have to live with the kill switch as I open the door (no secure takeover).

I called Fortin and they said their unit had the secure takeover function. I asked how I would go about installing it, and it seemed to be a lot of work.

So if you are starting from scratch, go ahead and use that model. Just call them and confirm all the details though.
iceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 06:21 PM   #20
gnm313
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
gnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnm313 View Post
I did mine back in 2007 using the Fortin SL2 key override and a compustar RS. At the time the keyless entry could only be done by sacrificing a fob. I can enter the car and drive away. Car shuts off after 10 seconds if I press on the brake and no fob detected. I am looking at a 2014. I thought this problem had been solved. Getting scared... Can't live without my long distance RS/

http://ifar.ca/en/products/alpha-ser...-override-sl2/
It definitely works on the 2007. I installed it day one in 2007. I am now looking to get a 2015. I hope I can find someone to do this again.
__________________
2014 ES350 UL Cashmere Metalic / Cashmere
2007 ES350 UL Royal Ruby Metalic / Cashmere
gnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 09:40 AM   #21
rwmnau
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
rwmnau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 17
@sqlryan
Default

I'm a bit confused here - sorry if I'm missing something obvious, as I've both never done a remote start, and this is my first keyless start vehicle. Do I need the remote start mobile from my initial post as well as the "key override" module from gnm313's post, or does the fact that the initial module I linked to does "Secure takeover" mean that it's sufficient for my needs? Paying to have the dealer do it is starting to sound like a better idea

I don't mind the 30-foot limitation, as that still gives me a chance to start the car as I'm walking towards it and it helps. However, I'll skip it if I have to deal with the ignition kill when the door opens, as that would defeat the purpose of having the system at all. However, rest assured that I'll post exactly what modules I use and exactly what the result is once they're installed, so others don't have the same confusion
rwmnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 06:35 PM   #22
gnm313
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
gnm313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmnau View Post
I'm a bit confused here - sorry if I'm missing something obvious, as I've both never done a remote start, and this is my first keyless start vehicle. Do I need the remote start mobile from my initial post as well as the "key override" module from gnm313's post, or does the fact that the initial module I linked to does "Secure takeover" mean that it's sufficient for my needs? Paying to have the dealer do it is starting to sound like a better idea

I don't mind the 30-foot limitation, as that still gives me a chance to start the car as I'm walking towards it and it helps. However, I'll skip it if I have to deal with the ignition kill when the door opens, as that would defeat the purpose of having the system at all. However, rest assured that I'll post exactly what modules I use and exactly what the result is once they're installed, so others don't have the same confusion
The key override module simulates the bluetooth chip in your fob so the car thinks the fob is in the car. It is a slick way to not give up a fob. I know it works on the 2007 as that is what I have and I have used it for 7 years flawlessly. I would love to see if it works on the 2013+ cars as I just bought a 2014.and can't live without my RS. I bought the key override and RS myself and then had somene install it. Keyless was brand new at the time and he had only done the sacrifice fob method in the past. The hard part at the time was finding someone to install it and that was willing to figure out the wiring on what was at that time a new version car. Hopefully the schematics for the 2007 are available now.
__________________
2014 ES350 UL Cashmere Metalic / Cashmere
2007 ES350 UL Royal Ruby Metalic / Cashmere
gnm313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 06:35 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Anyone know how to use SmartAccess MJA1951 LS400 6 01-31-14 04:56 PM
Key FOB / Smart Key Acting weird PLEASE HELP vipergts ES350 (2007 - 2012) 0 11-25-13 08:51 AM
Viper car starter 4704v help Farelle GS - Third Generation 6 01-22-13 07:53 AM
Factory remote start help please stunt66 RX - Third Generation 10 10-15-11 02:16 PM
2000 Es300 Trunk Release Problem UncivilizedAMD ES300 and ES330 4 03-22-05 12:49 PM


Tags
2011, 2013, 350, 460, es, fortin, gx, gx460, lexus, lock, press, remote, start, takeover, work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info