ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Power-train Warranty Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-12, 03:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul3637
I would have only thought this kind of crap could come from a Chrysler dealer !!!!!!

goodwill gesture ......... give me a break .. aka LEGALLY REQUIRED including court costs if necessary and if it goes to a jury ....... throw in some punitive damages as well !!!!!!!

This one needs to go on your local evening news !!!!!\
Chill out, whether its a "goodwill gesture" or whatever, as long as its covered thats what matters. Let them call it whatever they want.

ONLY $80 for an oil change !!!!!!!
I sure hope it was synthetic.

OK ..... I live near pensacola florida .... closest Lexus dealer is in Mobile AL .... so about 90% of LexusES owners bring them it into bobtylertoyota.com ..... who does not charge extra for a Lexus when it's the same drivetrain as a Camry V6 or Avalon. They charge all of $65 OTD for a Mobil1 synthetic oil change WITH INSPECTION
None of this is of any benefit to the OP. We're not debating the merits of Lexus dealers vs Toyota dealers or whatever, we're trying to get his repair covered. They only commit to check fluids if its a package service, they don't with an oil change and $80 didn't buy him a package service. What your Toyota dealer does 800 miles away is meaningless, I KNOW what Lexus of Rockville does...I called them to ask and I've used them for a long time. Next time he's in Pensacola FL I'm sure he'll hit up your Toyota dealer.
Old 09-18-12, 01:34 PM
NewCombo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul3637
I would have only thought this kind of crap could come from a Chrysler dealer !!!!!!

goodwill gesture ......... give me a break .. aka LEGALLY REQUIRED including court costs if necessary and if it goes to a jury ....... throw in some punitive damages as well !!!!!!!

This one needs to go on your local evening news !!!!!\

ONLY $80 for an oil change !!!!!!!
I sure hope it was synthetic.

OK ..... I live near pensacola florida .... closest Lexus dealer is in Mobile AL .... so about 90% of LexusES owners bring them it into bobtylertoyota.com ..... who does not charge extra for a Lexus when it's the same drivetrain as a Camry V6 or Avalon. They charge all of $65 OTD for a Mobil1 synthetic oil change WITH INSPECTION ....... which it so states on the receipt. As well, you also get a separate sheet of paper which shows the results of the "inspection" on a standard toyota checklist entitled "Multipoint Inspection" which tells you which fluids were low (if any), tire pressure, and brake pad depth.

http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/s...40KMaintp1.jpg

http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/s...1OilChange.jpg

We used to get identical documents from Superior Lexus in Kansas City when our (old) LS400 & ES300 vehicles were brought in.

:
Nobody in our extended family has ever been screwed by a Toyota or Lexus dealer in almost two million miles of driving.
But this wins the award when it comes to STEALERSHIPS.
Thanks for your outrage.

I am going to follow their lead until I hear the dealer say "No you're SOL. Take your bricked car back."

Right now there is no official word but I have a loaner and will operate on good faith that they are going to fix the car.

If it gets to the point where I have to take some sort of action, I think I have a pretty solid case.

Plus yes the local news stations would love to do a refresher with Toyota/Lexus after their love affair over the break pad issue the last few years.

This would make for a pretty nice local news piece.

I'm hoping I don't have to take that action or route though.

When I have an update, I'll let everyone know.
Old 09-18-12, 01:36 PM
NewCombo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Chill out, whether its a "goodwill gesture" or whatever, as long as its covered thats what matters. Let them call it whatever they want.

None of this is of any benefit to the OP. We're not debating the merits of Lexus dealers vs Toyota dealers or whatever, we're trying to get his repair covered. They only commit to check fluids if its a package service, they don't with an oil change and $80 didn't buy him a package service. What your Toyota dealer does 800 miles away is meaningless, I KNOW what Lexus of Rockville does...I called them to ask and I've used them for a long time. Next time he's in Pensacola FL I'm sure he'll hit up your Toyota dealer.
Call it whatever you want to call it, just fix it.

Those 2013s look real nice BTW.

If they do the right thing by me.

I'm definitely going to consider picking one up when the 2013s come off of lease.
Old 09-18-12, 01:55 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

From what it sounds like, they will likely cover it. Let us know how it all works out, in the mean time enjoy the loaner.
Old 09-20-12, 11:47 AM
NewCombo
Driver School Candidate

Great News! Lexus has stepped up and done the right thing.
My Car will be ready tomorrow and they will take care of the cost of repairs.
I didn't ask if it was under the power train warranty or as a goodwill gesture as I don't really care.

A lesson for all Lexus owners if the "Check AC" message comes one. Stop what you are doing! It doesn't seem like but this may be an indication of a larger problem but it may be. Check your fluids as soon as possible (Obviously when the radiator cools and don't put cold fluid into a hot engine . . .)

You don't want to experience my unexpected pain.
Old 09-20-12, 01:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Great! I had a feeling they would do it.
Old 09-20-12, 03:51 PM
chbow
Driver

Great news!! Maybe it's a little sad that this is the reality but it's great when companies step up and do the right thing. I only hope that once they were going to the expense of covering it they were smart enough to also make this a positive experience for you as far as attitude - it can make all the difference. Anyway congrats and I hope that you've no more problems.
Old 09-27-12, 11:51 AM
NewCombo
Driver School Candidate

They needed to do a tune up and paperwork so I got it Back on Tuesday.

I've taken it around the Beltway a few times and the car is running like a champ.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-27-12, 12:09 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NewCombo
They needed to do a tune up and paperwork so I got it Back on Tuesday.

I've taken it around the Beltway a few times and the car is running like a champ.

Thanks again everyone.