Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Blue Tooth and audio

Old 08-09-12, 12:09 PM   #1
Tonysh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Blue Tooth and audio

Cheers everyone,

Just purchased 2011 ES350 (previously owned 2005 ES330) and I have couple of questions.

1. The blue tooth works very sporadically with the music player. I have Samsung Galaxy II phone and when I want to play music from the phone on car's audio, it sometimes plays without problems and sometimes it seems like the connection is very weak (even though the phone is either in my pocket or charging through USB port on the console). It seems like the BT only picks up small bits of music, so you hear it trying to break out every 2-3 seconds. But when I start fiddling with the music player on my phone (nothing fancy, just playing with forward/back buttons), it sometimes starts playing. Really annoying.

2. I never had Mark Levinson system on my Lexus, so I'm not sure if I have it now. I probably don't if I don't know, right? Anyway, it says Lexus Premium Sound system on the printout the dealer gave me, so I assume it's not the same as Mark Levinson?

TIA,
-Tony.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Tonysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 12:18 PM   #2
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysh View Post
Cheers everyone,

Just purchased 2011 ES350 (previously owned 2005 ES330) and I have couple of questions.

1. The blue tooth works very sporadically with the music player. I have Samsung Galaxy II phone and when I want to play music from the phone on car's audio, it sometimes plays without problems and sometimes it seems like the connection is very weak (even though the phone is either in my pocket or charging through USB port on the console). It seems like the BT only picks up small bits of music, so you hear it trying to break out every 2-3 seconds. But when I start fiddling with the music player on my phone (nothing fancy, just playing with forward/back buttons), it sometimes starts playing. Really annoying.

2. I never had Mark Levinson system on my Lexus, so I'm not sure if I have it now. I probably don't if I don't know, right? Anyway, it says Lexus Premium Sound system on the printout the dealer gave me, so I assume it's not the same as Mark Levinson?

TIA,
-Tony.
Can't help you with #1.
On #2,unless you bought a Ultra Luxury option ES350,you probably don't have ML.Also the words Mark Levinson are down near the console.

'13 GS 350 AWD Starfire Pearl/Black
Luxury&Cold Pkg,BSM,LED Fogs,Puddles,Door Panels,Trunk,Reverse
'15 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech AWD Crystal White Pearl Mica/Black

Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 12:27 PM   #3
Tonysh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
Can't help you with #1.
On #2,unless you bought a Ultra Luxury option ES350,you probably don't have ML.Also the words Mark Levinson are down near the console.
Right, that's what I thought. It doesn't have ultra luxury option and no Mark Levinson words near the console. So it's just "Lexus Premium Sound System"
Tonysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 12:27 PM

Tags
2005, 250, blue, determine, gs430, lexus, mark, music, phone, play, premium, rx, samsung, sound, system, tooth