ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Stereo upgrade in 08 es 350 w/ nav

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-12, 09:04 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crutchfield doesn't have them. Find my thread on installing my system. I like to an Ebay seller but he isn't reliable with the kits. Towards the end of the thread, there should be a like to a few guys in China selling them. When I looked they were about $50 for the same kit. 1/2 what I paid.
Old 07-05-12, 12:46 AM
ChristianM
Driver School Candidate

Damn i ddint know my fronts ran full range :/ ive been having a hard time finding out info on the factory speakers and factory amp outputs since i bought the car. My dealer is useless, they just say they have the part but dont know anythign about it x_x lol

Yes, I know kicker doesn't have the best sounding subs in the world, theyre preety raw, but I really wanna keep my trunk intact this time around. I sold all my gear when i sold my last car so im downgrading from my 12w7, jl hd 750/1, audison bitone.1, focal access 6.5 with polyglass tweets, focal access 6x9's, audison srx4 amd some more stuff. I really just want some bottom end at this point if anyone can find the specs on the output fo the factory amp and how it would differ with the sub removed, i may be inclined to put back in a set of focals. I didnt wanan do another 4channel amp in the ES lol trying to keep the stereo simple this time :P

Also, i found the double din fit kti for the ES, its on some website called Alibaba.com or something but the color doesnt match very well and u lose ur wood grain trim around the rotary knows. Also, from the pictures i saw, there seems to be a gap of some sort where the climate control meets the fitting kit....just an observation lol but its like $50 for it. I went to a few local shops to get one made for my car but theyre quoting me around $850 to make one with the wood grain and stuff intact. Quite a big difference so i dont know which way im going to go yet but now you guys can find the fitting kit
Old 07-05-12, 04:16 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Links to the kits are on page 5 of my thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-2007-a-5.html

I don't notice a big difference with the little bit of wood grain gone. The color match is great and the fit is pretty good after some trimming behind the kit.

if anyone can find the specs on the output fo the factory amp and how it would differ with the sub removed
It's about 25w/channel to the main speakers. With the bass removed, it easily powers my Phoenix Gold components.
Old 07-16-12, 11:01 AM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robert_J
Links to the kits are on page 5 of my thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-2007-a-5.html

I don't notice a big difference with the little bit of wood grain gone. The color match is great and the fit is pretty good after some trimming behind the kit.

It's about 25w/channel to the main speakers. With the bass removed, it easily powers my Phoenix Gold components.
LOLLL that is exactly the same head unit I put in my other car, the SC300. Extremely nice radio. The SD card slot has spoiled me and I wish I could keep doing that with my new ES.

Originally Posted by ChristianM
Also, i found the double din fit kti for the ES, its on some website called Alibaba.com or something
FYI, that's an aggregator website that represents lots of different vendor clients, mostly Asia. Vendors pay to get more prominent placement, so reliability of vendors is mostly random and not guaranteed. You probably found the wholesale vendor for the adapter kits, which seems like it's the only way you can find DIY stuff like that these days.

Last edited by RalAegidius; 07-16-12 at 11:05 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-17-12, 06:03 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vulturedoo
FYI, that's an aggregator website that represents lots of different vendor clients, mostly Asia. Vendors pay to get more prominent placement, so reliability of vendors is mostly random and not guaranteed. You probably found the wholesale vendor for the adapter kits, which seems like it's the only way you can find DIY stuff like that these days.
At least they allow you to buy single kits. If I had the cash, I'd buy a bunch and sell them at cost here.
Old 04-05-14, 09:45 AM
Jxaybar
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I am trying to instal an I pad mini. I will have to move the climate control down. Any advice?
Old 04-05-14, 10:57 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How exactly does one install an iPad mini? Integration kit?
Old 04-07-14, 07:29 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jxaybar
Hi, I am trying to instal an I pad mini. I will have to move the climate control down. Any advice?
You can look at my thread and see the non-nav climate controls from the back side. It sounds like a neat project but I'm not that big into making those type of changes.
Old 04-07-14, 07:32 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SICK350
How exactly does one install an iPad mini? Integration kit?
http://www.soundmanca.com/ pretty much started the integration revolution with his custom kits. Depending on the vehicle and the rest of the system, it sometimes fits in front of the factory system or it can act as a head unit. Unless I can get some sort of digital output, I can't see the benefit of using a tablet in the car as a music source. Especially an Apple product with their crappy iTunes sound quality. Or at least what I heard from my niece's downloads.
Old 04-08-14, 05:09 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with Robert, I'm an apple guy and even I know how crappy their operation system is for music. I use my iPad as an iPod in my car but its not good enough to use as a head unit by any means.