ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Minor issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 05:59 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minor issues

I now have just over 300 miles on my new ES 350 UL package. I have a couple "bugs" and wanted to run them by you all to see if you have experienced any of them.

1) On the NAV system, the car thinks I am actually about 40 feet to the left. So, if I drive on a road that has local and express lanes, it thinks I am always in the express lanes when I am really in the local lanes. Also, at my house, it maps my house about 3 houses down the street to the left. Is this something that can be adjusted?

2) I have a creek in the dash around the radio on/off dial when I go over bumps. It sounds like two pieces of plastic rubbing together. Sort of concerned that if I take it in to service and they open up the dash, it could be worse when I get the car back. Any opinon?

Other than that, the car is fantastic.
Old 08-30-06, 10:24 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
I now have just over 300 miles on my new ES 350 UL package. I have a couple "bugs" and wanted to run them by you all to see if you have experienced any of them.

1) On the NAV system, the car thinks I am actually about 40 feet to the left. So, if I drive on a road that has local and express lanes, it thinks I am always in the express lanes when I am really in the local lanes. Also, at my house, it maps my house about 3 houses down the street to the left. Is this something that can be adjusted?

2) I have a creek in the dash around the radio on/off dial when I go over bumps. It sounds like two pieces of plastic rubbing together. Sort of concerned that if I take it in to service and they open up the dash, it could be worse when I get the car back. Any opinon?

Other than that, the car is fantastic.
You can recalibrate your NAV. Go into your NAV manual and it shows you how to reset it and you have to drive around in circles to calibrate it.

The creek on the radio might be loose face plate... maybe they might not have to open whole dashboard...only the face part. Go to the dealership if it really bugs you, or wait till 5k service.
Old 08-30-06, 10:42 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
You can recalibrate your NAV. Go into your NAV manual and it shows you how to reset it and you have to drive around in circles to calibrate it.

The creek on the radio might be loose face plate... maybe they might not have to open whole dashboard...only the face part. Go to the dealership if it really bugs you, or wait till 5k service.
Thanks, I have to finish reading my pages and pages of manuals on the NAV system. I'll try that. As to the face plate, I believe you are correct. I will look into that as well.
Old 09-01-06, 06:31 AM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar Nav problem. They determined that the wires for my XM radio were too close to the Nav wires. Evidently, they use similar frequencies and were somehow interfering with one another. They rerouted some wires to put some distance between them and the problem was solved. If you have XM and the problem continues, you may want to have them look for this.

I had a simiilar dash noise in my last Lexus. They removed the dash and lined all contact points in felt. It worked great. I kept the car for another 4.5 years after the initial problem and never another squeak.

Good luck!