ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

special instructions for r and r oil pan 94 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-15, 07:21 AM
garyw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default special instructions for r and r oil pan 94 ES300

Hi,
Would like to know if there is any thing special ..for instance anything else I have to remove to get to the bolts..or extra care to take and such...problems I may encounter or....Is replacing the oil pan as simple as replacing the transmission pan...I understand there is no gasket? but I should use a certain kind of sealant in place of a gasket...What would that be...Are the bolts as easily accesible as the tranny pan bolts..stuff like that..problems that you have encountered that I should be aware of...Thank you much..This forum has been a life saver for me in the past and I enjoy it..Not to mention the knowledge I am learning to repair my own car...Very rewarding fixing your own car...not to mention..the cash...

Gary H
Old 02-28-15, 12:35 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,712 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Use a putty knife and hammer to break the seal. To re-seal use Toyota FIPG (best) or Permatex ultra grey. Why are you removing the oil pan? I don't know if you have to remove the exhaust y-pipe to get the oil pan off, maybe.

special instructions for r and r oil pan 94 ES300-qkeeett.png
Old 03-01-15, 06:36 AM
garyw
Driver School Candidate

Default removing the old pan 1994 es300

Hi,
Thanks for the advice ..instructuions ..photos...Soon as the temp gets up above frezzing I'll be on it...I am repacing the oil pan because I ruptured it....tore a whole in it when I backed over concrete parking barrier with a 4" piece of rebar sticking up out of it...Have no idea how it got there but the damage is done...and thanks for the tutor..I'll guess ill ck out the y pipe when im able to crawl up there and look at it...Just wanted to have the things ...tools materials and know how before I jumped in this thing....It can't be any worse than replacing those valve cover gaskets ..front and back...Good grief that was a nightmare...but went smoothly thanks to this forum....Wouldn't want to do it again though anytime soon.
GH
Old 03-01-15, 12:48 PM
ES300NZ
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

when I took both the steel (no.1) and alloy sumps (no.2), off. I took the exhaust off from the headers to the middle of the car. and I also removed some brackets. I also took the two lower AC pump bolts off, because they attach to the alloy sump (no.2).

I did that to clean them both as part of a maintenance programme. I'm pretty sure you don't need to touch the exhaust for removal of the steel sump only. But, the exhaust will 'obstruct' the removal of a bolt or two. It's still totally possible though.

A word to the wise, be gentle with the sump bolts, they are only 10mm bolts, you can snap them off pretty easily if you over tighten them. Just turn them home, and give it a quarter turn.
Old 03-02-15, 02:46 AM
garyw
Driver School Candidate

Default a thank you to all for help r and r oil pan es300

Hi guys,
es300 z...copy that bolt advise..thats what im talking about..so helpful to know before heartache and heartbreak set in....Thanks again to all who replied with such informative council...
I have done this now in my mind several times and feel very confident that it is as good as done with minimal amount of unwanted situations..
I will make a final post letting you all know that the job is done..the problems I did incur and the just a final dispostion on this before we close this thread..Should happen within this week....Thank you again so much..one and all...I love this forum...Truly a life saver with respect to peace of mind and confidence building.
Gary H