ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Couple of quik pix of the new detail

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-09, 01:18 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Couple of quik pix of the new detail

Amazing how removing all the swirl marks and scratches can make a car look new(er) again!
I so love the styling of the 2gen ES...especially when it's all shight and briny!

Old 05-31-09, 07:43 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clean!

not a fan of that chrome'd grille, but the rest looks nice.

i fell for the 2ES, but somehow i got a 4ES. the 2ES will always be my favorite tho!
Old 05-31-09, 07:56 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Thumbs up

She looks clean enough to have open-heart surgery on top of - but don't that'd mess her up. Nicely done. What'd you use in terms of waxes, cleaners, accessories, etc?
Originally Posted by CorLexusES
clean!

not a fan of that chrome'd grille, but the rest looks nice.

i fell for the 2ES, but somehow i got a 4ES. the 2ES will always be my favorite tho!
I like the chrome grill if your headlamps have the chrome inner structure.
I'm also curious how the lower grill would look chromed out in this case. I don't expect a lot of love for that on here, because the youngsters were raised weird and tend not to like the chrome!

If you have the black inner headlamps, the black grill is hawt. (There was one posted up just a week or so ago with the black headlamps and black grill - who was that?!? Smokin'!)

The long, low, wide 2ESs are reppin'!
Old 05-31-09, 07:57 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

i just dont like chrome haha
Old 06-01-09, 08:41 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
She looks clean enough to have open-heart surgery on top of - but don't that'd mess her up. Nicely done. What'd you use in terms of waxes, cleaners, accessories, etc?
Thanks guys. I used my wallet for the detail work Had it done at a local detailing shop. I don't have the equipment or the facilities to be able to do it myself. But I've given it a couple of coats of Megs UQW since it was done just to add a bit more shine and protection.

I like the chrome grill if your headlamps have the chrome inner structure.
I'm also curious how the lower grill would look chromed out in this case. I don't expect a lot of love for that on here, because the youngsters were raised weird and tend not to like the chrome!
I think chrome is making a comeback. Look at the front end of the new Acura TL. Massive amounts of (fake) chrome on that thing. And practically every new import these days, like most Lexus, the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, VW's, MB's, BMW's, Audi, etc. and some domestics too have chrome trim around the windows and other places. If it is done tastefully and in moderation, I still think chrome adds an extra something to a car.
Old 06-01-09, 09:20 AM
cyco
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh there is more green on this forum, I never noticed it in your sig lol. everybody cleaning their cars for summer! are those headlight washers or something? im not too sure what to call them, JDM part? do they work?
Old 06-01-09, 09:25 AM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Looks immaculate Lexucan!:: When did you pick up those Rims you're sittin' on? I thought you were still rolling on the stock 6 spoke, however the new ones go great with the rest of the car. Also, how are your needles doing in terms of longevity?
Old 06-01-09, 10:02 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by cyco
Ahh there is more green on this forum, I never noticed it in your sig lol. everybody cleaning their cars for summer! are those headlight washers or something? im not too sure what to call them, JDM part? do they work?
Yep, they are headlight washers, and they almost work too well The pump produces such a spray that it sometimes ricochets off the headlight lenses and onto the hood of the car...and that's at a standstill. If I'm moving, it will spray my windshield too

Originally Posted by BadViper22
Looks immaculate Lexucan!:: When did you pick up those Rims you're sittin' on? I thought you were still rolling on the stock 6 spoke, however the new ones go great with the rest of the car. Also, how are your needles doing in terms of longevity?
Thanks, BV. I appreciate it. Yeah, after I got my baby detailed and it was looking so nice, the old stock rims seemed to stick out like four sore thumbs. 16 years of scrubbing brake dust and road grime off them left them looking pretty well worn. So, I decided it was time to do something about it. I was actually looking for some like Slooooooow's 5Zigens but they aren't available in 15" which is what I wanted to stick with since I have new 15" all-season tires and also a set of 15" snowies which will now be mounted on my old factory rims. Maybe when I need new rubber, I'll consider going to 16 or 17 inch rims, but IDK, at the same time, I don't want to compromise my smooth ride. I did discover while looking for rims that finding something in 15" that I like was not easy. Not too many 15" rims produced anymore. But these I liked OK and the price was reasonable.
I had to check my Sticky to remember how long ago it was I did the needle DIY thing...Wow, it was 3 years ago this month EDIT: (Oops...3 years ago last month!) and they're still hanging in there just fine.

Last edited by Lexucan; 06-01-09 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-01-09, 11:04 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lexucan,

i h8 you and you know why

From,
beaten down paint and messed up front bumper younger sister es 300

PS headlight cleaners?!?!? pffff
Old 06-01-09, 11:23 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by llcoolpass
lexucan,

i h8 you and you know why

From,
beaten down paint and messed up front bumper younger sister es 300
Thanks, cool. I'll take your hatred as a compliment
Old 06-01-09, 03:44 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah looks neat as. Maybe spray the washers green haha.
Old 06-01-09, 04:16 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Wow your car looks great! I like how the condition of the paint is in super condition as well! I only see green Lexus' with clear coat failure from the 90's era

If you have the black inner headlamps, the black grill is hawt. (There was one posted up just a week or so ago with the black headlamps and black grill - who was that?!? Smokin'!)

The long, low, wide 2ESs are reppin'!
Was that me Slooooooow?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...S/DSCN6007.jpg
Old 06-01-09, 06:54 PM
tomstep2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Wow your car looks great! I like how the condition of the paint is in super condition as well! I only see green Lexus' with clear coat failure from the 90's era

Was that me Slooooooow?
Mine is a green 93 ES and the paint still looks as good as it did on the showroom floor. I do know what you mean though as I have seen quite a few black and green 2nd gen ES with clearcoat peeling off. My thinking is that these owners only used drive-thru carwashes and never waxed or polished their cars properly.
Old 06-01-09, 07:13 PM
tomstep2
Pole Position

Here are a couple of pics of mine that I took with my crappy camera phone a few months back.
Attached Thumbnails Couple of quik pix of the new detail-lexus1.jpg   Couple of quik pix of the new detail-lexus2.jpg  
Old 06-01-09, 07:23 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Smile

Originally Posted by eyezack87

Was that me Slooooooow?
That's IT!