ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Newbie with some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 09:35 AM
TANGO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with some questions!

Hello All,

I have been following this forum for a bit before buying my new lexus and you all have been amazing with information. As I have just bought my new car (black ext/black int), I have some quick questions for the forum and wanted to see what everyone's opinions are.

1) I would like to put tint on my car, but not sure what is the legal requirement and how much will the State Police enforce them. I have heard legal limited of 70% in the driver & passenger side, and "anything" for the rest. Not sure if thats accruate and want to see what everyone recommends. Also, 70% is very light, as I grew up on the east coast and had limo tint (5%) all around in college. I do not think I need limo tint anymore (I think I have out grown that phase of my life), but not sure about the 70% in front and X% on the back. What would you recommend as I would like to have it stylish yet professional looking ( as I am working now ).

2) I am new to Cali (Irvine) as I have just moved back from overseas, and would like to get your thoughts on the best places for car washes (especially given my black car) and waxes. If you have recommendations, some rates would be great too!

3) As a new car owner, are there anything I should especially pay attention to... like pre-treatment of leather, things to buy, etc... please advise.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-13-06, 09:37 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sucks that no one answered your questions!

did you get it tinted already? you can just do the back 3 windows, but everyone does the front 2 (not windshield). i think limo is illegal, but you can go all the way to 20%. i have 40% (i think) all the way around (not windshield) and it looks great. they used lumar film and it should cost around $140. cops won't pull you over unless they have nothing better to do. there are a lot more cops in irvine it seems. its just a fix a ticket so its not that big of a deal.
only go to car watches the are "no touch" otherwise known as brushless. you gotta watch out for those light scratches on your dark finish, go over to the detail forum and get some great info! after reading stuff there, i wash my baby myself! i live in the SF valley so i dont know car washes in your area and i cant reccomend any.
congrats on the car and enjoy.

Last edited by umpalumpa; 02-13-06 at 09:43 AM.